• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Location of Mom TV Script in Pokemon Emerald?

NoMoreStars

Trying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sorry if that title looks cryptic or weird, I couldn't figure out any other way to word it.

Anyhoo, I'm pretty new to scripting and romhacking in general and have been making some great strides thanks to a video series on romhacking, but I've hit a roadblock while hacking Emerald. I can't seem to find the location of the script that activates after you reset your clock and come downstairs. Specifically the one where your mom says "[player]! [player]! come quickly!" followed by the player meandering towards the television. I'm looking to get rid of it, but I can't figure out where it is. I can't see it on Advance Map and the only script tiles adjacent to the player after they come downstairs are scripts that activate if the house is belonging to the rival character. I... hope that made sense?

Anyways, Tldr, I can't find the script in Emerald that activates after you reset your clock and come downstairs. I'd like to get rid of it and any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Bladecraft

It's written "Bladecraft" on my forehead.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2020
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9709061

Made this especially for you. Have fun.
    If you have any further questions about scripting, feel free to contact me on Discord or here and I'll be happy to help.

Also I suggest you read the entire thing before you start messing around with your rom, and always remember to make a backup.

Back