• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for that someone.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I just have some questions I was really curious about other people. When you're looking for someone (like a gf/bf) and when you think to the future...

a. How often do you picture yourself in the future, whether you have a family or not, and picture someone else with you?
    b. Do you have a clear picture in your mind of who you would like to end up being with, if anyone? Do you have specific type of preference in a person (whether it be a trait in their personality, an ethnicity, a body type, etc.) you'd like to end up with?
    d. Have you ever "fell" for anyone outside of those specifications?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I don't picture future!Syd very often because the future scares me. When I do, I try not to picture who I'll be with. It seems weird to even have an idea of who that might be. I'm young and single. So no one's really on my mind anyway.

I don't have a certain someone I'd like to end up with right now. And I kiiiinda have specifications about what I like, but they're not that big of a deal because of my answer to the next question.

Yeah, I've fallen pretty hard for someone who was completely different from anyone else I've had feelings for. And they were pretty much the opposite in terms of what I usually find physically attractive. But that's a good thing...cause it changed what I normally notice now. :P

Years
    With my husband the moment I met him I knew he was the one. I could picture him being the father of my kids... we were 15 when we met and dated all through high school.. we broke up and spent some time growing up apart but neither of us dated anyone else during the time we were apart. We got back together, stayed together and got married last year. I really wasn't looking for a particular type, but the one thing about my husband is he always makes me laugh, he treats me like a princess and he does everything he can to make me as happy as I can be.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    (Tried not to just copy/paste the questions but derp, I answered them too closely.)

How often do you picture yourself in the future, whether you have a family or not, and picture someone else with you?
    Honestly, I don't really think about the (far) future much at all. It scares me. I can't really imagine myself being old, nor do I imagine myself with an independent family or anything. For one, I don't intend on having kids, and two... well, I've never been in any sort of relationship, really, nevermind a serious one, so the idea of committing to a family seems very daunting. :(

Do you have a clear picture in your mind of who you would like to end up being with, if anyone? Do you have specific type of preference in a person (whether it be a trait in their personality, an ethnicity, a body type, etc.) you'd like to end up with?
    I have absolutely no idea. Most of my friends (IRL anyway) are Caucasian so I suppose my mind immediately drifts to that ethnicity but... otherwise, I really don't know. If I'm ever with anyone, though, they'll definitely have a good sense of humour, and one similar to mine. Otherwise, I don't even have a sex in mind when I think about it!

Have you ever "fell fallen" for anyone outside of those specifications?
    Sure, pretty much any crush I've had online was on someone who fell outside of this (except maybe the sense of humour part--that is always imperative!). But lookswise, since I sort of form my own image of them before I see them (and sometimes even after), it's just really different, I guess.

...also you missed question C??

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I hate picturing myself with someone in the future. I'm literally scared of falling in love. Sometimes it just feels like it's a requirement of life to be with someone. But to be honest, I really don't want to be with anyone. Even if I crush on a certain guy, I will still say no.

I was in a serious relationship for almost two years when I was in high school and going into my first year of college, but it literally destroyed. I'll be quite honest that I'm still depressed with what happened a year ago, even when my friends tell me to "get over it and move on."

I don't prefer a guy who's so "muscle-buffed" or gets too paranoid about how he looks. I really care about the guys's personality, and what's really on the inside of him. I usually have a crush on guys who tend to have such funny personalities, which I have a ton of times.

I've fallen for a guy who was outside of my preferences once, and to be honest, it happened just recently, and he was actually a PC member. He was my first pair. But I felt really stupid enough to do that because he was never my type. I learned my lesson right there. I just needed to be very careful as to who I'm falling for, because I may never know where I'll end up at.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    a. How often do you picture yourself in the future, whether you have a family or not, and picture someone else with you?: Not very often, I daydream about having someone with me.
    b. Do you have a clear picture in your mind of who you would like to end up being with, if anyone? Do you have specific type of preference in a person (whether it be a trait in their personality, an ethnicity, a body type, etc.) you'd like to end up with?: No I don't.
    d. Have you ever "fell" for anyone outside of those specifications?: I can't say that I have.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    How often do you picture yourself in the future, whether you have a family or not, and picture someone else with you?
    Sometimes. I try to be realistic though, and try not to let things like that cloud my mind and blind me to potentials.

Do you have a clear picture in your mind of who you would like to end up being with, if anyone? Do you have specific type of preference in a person (whether it be a trait in their personality, an ethnicity, a body type, etc.) you'd like to end up with?
    I have no images really. I'd probably not care about how they looked if I knew them well enough.

Have you ever "fell for" for anyone outside of those specifications?
    Sure, there are types of people I can fall for, and there are types that I do typically fall for, but I seriously DON'T have specs. None whatsoever. Given time to find the good things in a person, I seriously could love anyone. This doesn't mean I'm naive enough to try excessively to find that good. I do have my values though, and those are usually dear to me.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I think about the future all the time, but never in terms of relationships: as corporate and horrible as this is going to sound, I tend to think about what I'd like to be doing rather than who I'm going to be doing things with. When I do, I never imagine kids and only rarely imagine a wife/partner/whatever in it. That's not to say I don't want that special someone, but I'm more of the type of person that'll just accept what life throws at me in that regard. Don't want to have my entire life planned out for me.

About a year ago, a friend of mine predicted who all of my friendship group would eventually marry, and I tended to agree with a lot of his predictions. Mine, I'm still unsure of: he said I'd end up marrying my secretary (not in a creepy "marry me or you're fired way; more a long-buildup-of-friendship-turning-into-romance way) who'll either be exactly the same as me, or have me under her little finger. I've never had a significant relationship before, so I don't know if this fits with my particular type, nor whether I even have a type but... I don't envision this, I'll be honest.

Years
    Hopefully you didn't think about this in the shower as well.

A. How often do you picture yourself in the future, whether you have a family or not, and picture someone else with you?
    Everyday. I do want a family. Though first I have to find someone my type; which, despite the vast sea ahead of me, doesn't seem to be there.

B. Do you have a clear picture in your mind of who you would like to end up being with, if anyone? Do you have specific type of preference in a person (whether it be a trait in their personality, an ethnicity, a body type, etc.) you'd like to end up with?
    A'ight.
    A certain personality trait.. I don't know. I meet the person than decide whether her personality is good for me or not. Ethnicity.. hmm, I don't really care. Body type, I personally like skinny bodies. Not bodies which have skin which looks more like an excuse to having something other than bones in it, but skinny. You probably know what I mean. I cannot tolerate fattish bodies. Oh, here comes the obvious annoying person who will yell racism: I like white skin color. I can tolerate tan but.. not too much. I could continue with a more in-depth things but that wouldn't fit here too much. I also like bright hair colors, especially bright blonde (I think it's called Platinum Blonde or something similar)

-The- most important thing for me is that she is pretty. Not appealing = no way.

D. Have you ever "fell" for anyone outside of those specifications?
    No.

I've answered three so I have the right to ask one.. We have question A, B and D. Where did C go to?

Last edited:
    Years
    a. How often do you picture yourself in the future, whether you have a family or not, and picture someone else with you?

A lot actually, I picture my future being with someone and not being alone.

b. Do you have a clear picture in your mind of who you would like to end up being with, if anyone? Do you have specific type of preference in a person (whether it be a trait in their personality, an ethnicity, a body type, etc.) you'd like to end up with?

Someone that I can trust being with. I want to know that they will be faithful, as I will be with them. Trust is a big thing with me.

c. Have you ever "fell" for anyone outside of those specifications?

No.

And you forgot question "C" XD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

I often find myself picturing about my future life, and sometimes I do think of the person who I want to end up with. But, mainly I picture myself being alone.

Yup, I have some specific traits that I'd like them to be, but I wouldn't really care for them, as long as we would end up liking each other.

Nope. I've only really fallen for two people, and they've had those traits.

Years

I always picture myself with someone in the future, most of the time its a guy but some time its a girl and it can vary from their being kids being in the picture or not.

I don't really have a clear person in mind, but they mostly have the same traits. Tall, dark hair, bold blue eyes ect. But stuff like ethnicity depends on how i'm feeling.

Yup, i always pictures myself with tall, fair and sensitive. Yet at one point i majorly fell for a guy who was small, dark, a boxer and had a really flat head... lol

Also whats with all this A B D stuff?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I always picture myself in the future. Right now I am pretty depressed and want time to fast forward so I can be happy. I picture myself with a family and a good job, wealthy (lol) and helping the poor in Africa, which is something I am passionate about;

Just nice, a good person and someone who sees past all the flaws in me. Brunette preferably and someone who will be a good mother. I don't really care where she is from, I look for people who are nice on the inside, but are healthy.

Hahah no one yet lol.

/awkward typing that.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    Whenever I picture my future, I see myself with an ingenious wife and a single ingenious kid.
    Clear as still water. In order to marry a woman, she must be highly intelligent, like me, she must have an incredibly high skill at mathematics, and music and computer skills would not hurt either, though they are not that crucial. She must also agree with my views about education, morals and idiocy.
    Have you ever "fell" for anyone outside of those specifications?
    No. People that do not fall inside those specifications make me sad, and even though I don't frown upon them that much (Except for idiots, I can't stand idiocy), I couldn't imagine myself with one.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Often. And I picture someone else with me, yes.

No... well yes. A certain personality and ethnicity perhaps.

Oh yes.

Years
    A:

I generally picture myself standing on top of the world or sitting in a throne on top of the world - alone. The path of Darkness I traverse upon is probably a lonely one as far as romantic relationships are concerned.

I have mixed feelings on the subject in all honesty. On one hand, having someone by my side during my world conquest is seemingly appealing. However, they could become a liability as well as a vulnerability to my plans. This could be caused by incompetence or sometimes the matter cannot be helped. Regardless, a potential risk is created by introducing a "special someone" into the equation. Is the risk worth the reward?

I've heard rumours regarding the power of love. Supposedly there is no power greater. But is this really true? I consider the power of logic to be superior. And then there's the power of Darkness that I wield. Do I really need the power of love to achieve my ambitions? Currently I do not know, and perhaps I never will.

B:

I suppose so. Ginger / brown hair with blue eyes. A skinny body is preferred, though I certainly do not mind a bit of meat on the bones. Personality wise, a good sense of humour is never a bad thing to have. A good level of intelligence and athleticism would be quite ideal indeed. Someone who is loyal, reliable and trustworthy. Those three are a must. Perhaps share a few common interests with me too.

D (because C is overrated):

Many times (physically speaking).

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Can't say I've ever really had to think about this too much. I don't tend to picture myself with anyone in the future - in my wistful daydreams, I'm always alone, and loving it~!

Do I have a 'type'? I don't really know. I don't tend to go for blonde girls, if that means anything. If I ever were to hypothetically date someone, I'd want them to be someone who's not self-centred. I can't stand girls who think the world revolves around them and their fashion magazine. Of the girls I encounter from day to day (albeit few) I find many of them to be shallow and kind of . . . empty. Some of them don't even seem like people - they just look like clones of each other. *shudder* I'd want a girl with her own personality and opinions.

Also, I really like Irish girls. >_>

Last edited:
    Years
    [font="century gothic]
    Not that often. I am not really one to have a girlfriend, because I really treasure my personal space. My past ex's have all turned into scarily clingy people and I can't stand that quality.
    I will picture it when I am ready, I guess.

Well, not really no. I am just going to take it as I go and see what happens in the future. I imagine it will be with an English girl, maybe blond or brown hair. It isn't that I am not picky, but I just don't know what I might like in the future.

Wut, what happened to C?
    I have yes. Red hair, as in dark dyed red, is a weak spot for me. If a girl has that colour hair, for some reason, she is instantly amazing, within reason! That sounds so bad, but it is hard to explain.[/font]​

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Never.

I'm incredibly picky when it comes to personality, but that can't be put into words very easily. As long as they're not a monster I'm cool with most things though. As for looks, I like people who are at least presentable, but that tends to go hand in hand with the type of personality I like anyway.

c. Have you ever "fell" for anyone outside of those specifications?
    Yes, I was attracted to a monster. Never again.

Years
    Honestly, I expect to die single. I refuse to have children, I'm eccentric, I need tons of space, I will probably always be getting the short end of the stick when it comes to material wealth... It would be nice, but I have so many other, more important things to focus on that I usually just leave love out of the equation.

When I do imagine myself with someone though, I imagine myself with someone who complements my personality and shares similar goals. A quiet, moderately mischievous sort who has a deep connection with me, supports me, and inspires me. Like a close friend +.

I know someone like that, but there's distance and all. We've both expressed that we'd like to know each other offline someday, but that's not something we can really put in stone. We have college and all sorts of other things that need our time and energy.

Yeah, it's pretty much on the back burner.

Back