• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking to play a smaller/more obscure fangame

catchneko

average goomy enjoyer
Days
Hi,

Does anyone know of any smaller or more obscure fangames that I could try? It can be your own game if you want (if it is I can even provide feedback if you're looking for it).
I guess I just feel like playing/giving attention to projects that fewer people know about, and looking for recommendations usually just yields the same 5 popular games in my experience so I'm looking for something new.

My only requests for game recommendations are:
- At least mostly complete (as opposed to like, 1-gym demos)
- Some kind of documentation included (like PBS data files, or a wiki, or something like that)

I'll play pretty much anything.

~Cinderace~

This cinderace is always ready for a battle
Days
Hi so my fav kinda short rom hacks (i never played rpgxp games)trust me these games r awesome

Gba:stranded
Titanic mini hack
Celia's stupid rom hack
Voyager

Nds:pmd bright future
Blooming chaos (story hack)

well pmd bright future is kinda long and its nice story make sure while playing pmd bright future name your partner your best friends name cause the plot makes it good

But I think u can play the above games without documation

~Cinderace~

Days
I forgot to tell pokemon stranded is a no gym hack where u will get stuck in an island and start surviving is that ok?

Btw if u don't know wa to do in any of the above fell free to ask me

catchneko

average goomy enjoyer
Days
Hi so my fav kinda short rom hacks (i never played rpgxp games)trust me these games r awesome

Gba:stranded
Titanic mini hack
Celia's stupid rom hack
Voyager

Nds:pmd bright future
Blooming chaos (story hack)

well pmd bright future is kinda long and its nice story make sure while playing pmd bright future name your partner your best friends name cause the plot makes it good

But I think u can play the above games without documation
I think I will try out some of these
I tend to prefer at least some amount of documentation for the purposes of planning and generally knowing what I'm doing, even if the game itself isn't hard. (Stuff like looking up fakemon stats/typings, item locations, enemy trainer teams, wild encounters to see if there's a mon I would want to use, etc)
It's just generally how I prefer to play, even if I could beat the game without it, I want to get the best experience I can.

I even still play mainline Pokémon with Bulbapedia open almost all the time, and I could beat those games with my eyes closed. 😭

~Cinderace~

Days
I am sry I didn't find documation
But pokemon blooming chaos in nds it controls by it self like u r watching YouTube in your emulator but u can only watch two stories branch 1 and branch2 I hope it would be a no ce experience

Back