• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

looks like dorothy ain't in kansas anymore

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    have you ever gotten lost? maybe you took a wrong turn while driving, or went down the wrong path while hiking. or something. what are your stories?

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen yesterday
    Syndo ur thread titles are legendary
    I get lost often cause I'm a sad **** who doesn't want to use GPS or ask for directions

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    well its not exactly lost but, one time my idiot friends and i barely packed to go camping and our tent collapsed in the afternoon of the second day. we had been hiking all day and at what must have been 5pm we started the 13km hike back to the car. hiked through a provincial park with three flashlights, one of which died during, and finally got back to the car at midnight. scary shit

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    So far I haven't gotten lost, I have taken many wrong turns before,
    To me getting lost is giving up and asking for directions. The many times I took a wrong turn, I ended up in another street I recognized and able to continue, I just simply refer to it as exploring.

Years
    I have! I was supposed to meet up with my class somewhere so I took an unfamiliar bus and ended up nowhere. I found my way back home tho.

Years
    I don't get lost often because my city is easy to navigate.

By car it's not always as simple. Last time I was out in somebody else's car we ended up facing oncoming traffic somehow. It was dark as well so quite alarming!

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I got off at a newer stop once I moved to my new neighborhood last year. I thought I had my route down for walking home, but I took a wrong turn and ended up not knowing where I was after 15 minutes bc I was on the phone not paying attention. I had no idea what streets there were outside of the big main ones and didn't know how to get to them from where I was.

I wasn't overly concerned bc I was in the area, but it was dark, I didn't have my glasses on & couldn't see well, and it was in the middle of January and I was FREEZING. I managed to find my way after 40 minutes or so when it should have maybe taken 15. I was cold that night haha.

Years
    Great story. Went overseas to visit a friend who was getting married. Got the directions from her, but she doesn't tell us that the city we're staying in doesn't use the same system of streets and numbering like the info she gave us. We try to find it, run all over, but we are lost. So we get a taxi to get us there, but the driver can't make sense of the directions either. We end up driving across the city to the place we know my friend is in the van of a total stranger who intervened when the taxi driver got fed up with us dumb foreign tourists. When we met up with our friend they took us directly to the place we were staying... which was like 100 feet from where we called a cab. We were right under it the whole time without knowing.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
    Years
    When I was in 6th grade, my class took a camping trip up to a forested section of the state for a few days. We were all divided into small groups of 4-5, with my friends all together in one group while I was stuck in another with a bunch of other kids I didn't know all that well. My group didn't like me that much, so when we all went stargazing one night, they collectively ditched me while I was looking through a telescope and went back to their cabin. I wound up getting lost by myself in the woods for a while trying to find them, and only made it back to our cabin later that night when my friends found me wandering around and walked me home themselves. The fact that they were a lot more caring made me wonder why the teacher hadn't put me in their group instead...

Outside of that, there have probably been at least a few times we've gotten lost while driving - usually while visiting cities for the first time, traveling out of state, etc.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    looks like dorothy ain't in kansas anymore

me trying to find my way around san francisco in 2012

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I spent over an hour completely lost walking around a 100m stretch of Kyoto streets in the middle of the night trying to find my hotel to no avail three years ago. I must have walked past the entrance a dozen times but couldn't find it anywhere. Ended up needing to ask some poor security guard from one of the banks with very broken Japanese and an English-language printout of my email confirmation, which was precisely zero help to him. That was a fun 2am!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    i got lost a lot in japan.

the best time was when i was getting on the train to go to the house i was staying at and as soon as I get on the train i forgot to check if it was an Express Train and right at that realization I see the train zoom past my stop and keep going for like 20 more minutes lol

the best part about this story is after i got on the train going back i also got on an express train back and i went past my stop AGAIN. 3rd time's the charm, though.

my friends and I aren't very good with directions even though there were plenty of english signs around... so we always looked for the nearest non-Asian and asked them if they spoke English. Hey, stereotypes, but it worked. Idk how I would have gotten home if this nice black lady didn't help us

Years
    Most of my times getting lost basically consist of just "missed a turn and backtracked until I figured out where I wanted to go or just gave up and went back home". Nothing too exciting.

I do remember getting lost once going to a movie theater. Though to be fair, we couldn't go the normal way because it had been raining heavily, there were flood watches on the nearby river, and there were detours away from all the roads we would have taken because of that. So while on these detours, we ended up having little idea of where we were going - I think it took us through some downtown area of the city that neither of us had ever really been through - and it was bad enough I had to take out a map just to figure out where the heck we should be going, or at least in what general direction.

(We made it there, thankfully in time for the movie, but yeesh.)

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    once me and my uncle, my aunt, and my dad and my uncle was driving. he is not good at taking directions so he goes on the wrong highway and we are lost. we find out where we were supposed to go, and the legend Uncle Steve himself does a complete U turn on the freeway into the other side. absolute madman

Bay

Years
    There was this one time I was in an outdoors mall for a job interview. I thought the interview would be at the retail place, but it's actually in the police station. O.o I had to reread the email I got and find the police station. Was late to the interview because of that, woops.

Back