• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

love at first sight!

Years
  • and that's awesome! more people really need to understand that just because having a partner is so common in society nowadays, doesn't mean it's for everyone. you do you Leaf, i'm rooting for you :)

I still would like to understand and experience it, however how guys are today wouldn't be accepting of me.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Can I feel attracted to people at first sight? Yiiii

Can I fall in love at first sight? Nahhhh

I used to find the thought of falling in love at first sight very romantic but isn't it much more romantic to have someone fall in love with you over time? Isn't it so much more lovely if they fall in love with your attitude and personality rather than how you looked like at that moment? Becoming that one thought that comes up in their minds when they think of something happy or when they have something exciting to tell, isn't that something that's so much more worth?

Idk but that's just my thought~ I think that's truly romantic.

Signing off,
    A hopeless romantic

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • My obvious Haddaway reference aside, I don't believe in love on first sight, however I do believe in liking someone/ feeling attracted to someone upon meeting the first time, as you get to know said person more, then that can develop into love yes.

Years
  • My obvious Haddaway reference aside, I don't believe in love on first sight, however I do believe in liking someone/ feeling attracted to someone upon meeting the first time, as you get to know said person more, then that can develop into love yes.

That is true, I agree.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • There's a low barrier for entry for me telling someone "I love you". It typically equates to "I care about you", "I like you", or can even go as low as "I'm interested in you". With my last relationship, I definitely felt like it was something similar to love at first sight, and I'd even joked with her with something like "I think I might be in love with you" shortly after meeting her.

As I get older and become more experienced, it does feel like "love at first sight" is more like loving the idea of someone rather than the person. You can see someone and take in the cues given by their demeanor, style, as well as many other factors and build them up in your head within minutes of meeting them. That idealized version of the person you "love" can live on in your mind for years, even after you've come to know the real them.

Years
  • Isn't infatuation bad though? I could be wrong then my apologies, I'm just wondering if it isn't a really good thing to be infatuated with someone.

I get family love though never experienced anything else my whole life. True, it would be nice to have someone like then love me. However I'm not desperate at all it happens then it happens. I'm 100% and more alright to be single and alone the rest of my life. Though it's just my curious side of me makes me wonder a bit about love and what it truly is and curious about understanding it more.

Back