• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Low HP gym music

Years
  • Gen 5 was the first generation to change the gym music if your Pokémon had low (red) HP. The regular gym battle theme would stop playing, and we'd instead get this track:

Did you like this addition, or did you find it annoying?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • It wasn't just in a gym, it was everywhere, wasn't it?

I found it pretty annoying, honestly. I'm so glad after this gen they never did that again, and also did away with the low hp beep constantly, as well.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Pal Amon is right, it applied to all battles.
    It was an upgrade over the beep and I generally liked it. My only problem with it was that it overruled that epic music that kicked in when facing the gym leader's last Pokémon. They should have made an exception for that and boss battles.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I like the idea but not the execution. Gen 5 did a lot of experimentation and not all of it worked.

The story of every generation since Gen IV (unless you count that bad 3D on Olivine City's Lighthouse). Well, technically the story of all the Pokémon games (and a most games, ever) but I think Gen IV is the one where none of the issues are the new stuff they were trying.

Back