• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lugia Pixel Art

Years
  • I've been spriting in the same style for three years now. I figured it was fair time I stepped up my game.

Lugia Pixel Art

The right wing looks a tad incomplete, imo. Any suggestions?

~Chibi~

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    I've been spriting in the same style for three years now. I figured it was fair time I stepped up my game.

Lugia Pixel Art

~Chibi~

Saw this on PixelTendo too, and I don't see any flaws. It looks excellent. ;)

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I've been spriting in the same style for three years now. I figured it was fair time I stepped up my game.

Lugia Pixel Art

~Chibi~

In my opinion your being to hard on yourself, the wing is perfect! and so is this lugia!

Excellents shading and coloring, nice form, you stepped up your game, and wow, you delivered big time :D

A+ ;) Perfect work, keep it up! :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    wow! That's very good!

I always wonder how you guys DO this stuff!

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2009
    That picture of lugia is just plain awesomeness. Best spriting I've ever seen!!

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • Hey Chibi, it's Ruki :33

Another great totally amazing pixel to add to your endless collection. If you're not already, you really should persue a career in art.

Years
  • I see what you're saying about it being "incomplete." Maybe add a bit of darker shading (just one level) to the midsection of the wing.

Still, it's totally excellent, and I love the "pastel" shades you used! :shocked:

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • I understand what you mean by incomplete, some lines just need some refreshining, thats all, I did it in red, well, the part I could be bothered with.

Lugia Pixel Art

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    You know the lack of elaboration coming from the other members is appalling.

Anyway, I really like it, the shading is smooth and the art itself is very, very accurate.
    I know what you mean with the right wing, it's a tad plain, but that's Lugia's designers fault, not yours.

Years
  • Holy crap, I wasn't expecting this many replies! Thanks for the comments, everyone! ^^

Hey Chibi, it's Ruki :33

Another great totally amazing pixel to add to your endless collection. If you're not already, you really should persue a career in art.
    Hehe, actually I am, or at least, in Digital Arts and Design. Unfortunately they don't have a college course on pixel art. :P

Aaaand, for everyone saying make more, I actually have gotten rather addicted to doing pixel art, as I've done like five more since then. My next one was my favorite Pokemon, Lucario:
    Lugia Pixel Art

Years
  • Your lugia is good almost perfekt;)
    But lucario seems not good, its legs are weird and his body is the only thing that you made good at that one.
    Try making lucario again, im sure you can do better ;)

Years
  • Your lugia is good almost perfekt;)
    But lucario seems not good, its legs are weird and his body is the only thing that you made good at that one.
    Try making lucario again, im sure you can do better ;)
    Make it again? o_o; Heh, that's definitely out, but if you have any suggestions on how to improve it, I'm all ears. (Besides, my spriting ability is limited as to how well I can draw the Pokemon ;)

~Chibi~

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Your lineart looks fairly competent. However, I think you could do without the actual lines. Learn more about anti-aliasing and lighting. In your Lucario piece the lighting is all over the place. Just decide where the light source is and stick with it. Also, it wouldn't hurt to vary your hues a little bit so they don't look so plastic. Instead of transitioning from dark azure to light azure, try something like dark purple to azure to cyan-azure or something. It would make it look more interesting.

Back