• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] [M] Lunea's Veil - A Dark Pokémon Tale

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
Years
  • This RP is now full and no longer accepting sign-ups.
    A big thanks goes out to Grieger for helping me iron out this RP. You're a star mate!
    Lunea's Veil: A Dark Pokémon Tale

The Lost Land of Lunea

If you'd asked eleven years ago about Lunea, you'd get told that it was nothing but a fanciful rumor. A few ancient history textbooks would refer to it as one of the many myths of the world, one of those less likely to be true, but only the most devoted conspiracy nuts would talk of Lunea as if it were a real thing - people preferred to believe in more believable legends, like the idea that an escaped genetic experiment lives a short walk outside Cerulean City or that giant leviathans battle over the earth and sea and can only be stopped by a giant dragon snake.

It wasn't until ten years ago that Lunea was discovered and even then completely by accident. It began with a fisherman, out to sea far from the lands we already knew about, in search of an elusive catch. But everywhere he went, he only found Magikarp not even fit to cut up and feed to his Mightyena. In his determination, he cast out further and further from land, until eventually, in the middle of the night, he found a new landmass - uncharted but definitely too large to be an insignificant rock. Sensing a fortune to be made from the discovery, he found a landing place, weighed anchor and immediately set to exploring the island. The stories he brought back were a sensation, and humans, being humans, immediately set out to colonise the new land.

As time went on, discoveries were made about Lunea, named now as the legends called it. Everything the old books said about it's permanent night-time were correct, but one thing they never noted, except in the most cryptic of texts, was the extreme danger. Wild Pokémon of Lunea are exceptionally aggressive and will attack and even kill any human that comes to their land, although they are fortunately enough night-adjusted to the point they tend away from strong sources of light - as such every settlement in Lunea is floodlit 24 hours of the day for its own protection. Human expansion grew and grew, beginning with the port at Lux Landing and penetrating further into the island. Elite trainers were brought in to beat back wild pokémon attacking builders. It seemed like nothing could stop humanity. How wrong we were, yet again.

It started only a few hours ago, but already Daybreak City, Lunea's shining capital, lays in ruin. The wild pokémon attacked, in numbers that even the best professors didn't know they were in - within minutes the city was overwhelmed by bloodthirsty, vicious pokémon. Nobody is quite sure how many are dead but you are one of those few who are still alive - although that may not be as lucky of a fate as it may first seem. You have two choices: You stay in hiding in Daybreak City. Eventually, you will run out of food or you will be found and you will die. But most are afraid enough they will do just that. The other option? Make a break. Get out of Lunea, back to the civilised world - and bring a warning of what hides behind Lunea's veil of secrecy and shadows… If you live long enough to find out for yourself.

Lunean Locales
    Spoiler:

About The RP

So, Plum, I hear you ask... What exactly is this Lunea's Veil all about? Well, I'm glad you asked. The RP began in my mind a long time ago, I've run less thought-out versions of this on some other sites before and everything. At it's base, Lunea's Veil is a clash of the Survival-Horror genre with the Pokémon world, with an extra element of mystery added in to keep things interesting. So, this leads on to another question... Who exactly are your characters? Well, the basic answer to that is whoever you damn well please them to be. There aren't a massive number of restrictions on the characters you can use, the only real restriction is that your character has to have a reason to have been in Daybreak City when the disaster first struck. Remember, this RP is about the characters struggling to survive in a disaster situation, which means a lot of normal Pokémon RP characters simply won't work here.

Ground Rules

1) Play nice. That means don't do anything that Pokécommunity bans in their rules, too.
    2) I come down hard on powerplay and there is no plot armor given out to characters. If I think your character is acting stupid enough to put their survival in danger, I'll give you one warning in the form of an injury I will not allow you to avoid, but be aware that might mean that running is more of an option than fighting sometimes.
    3) Your character can have up to six Pokémon. As the power is out, they have no access to the PC system. You are welcome to try and capture wild Lunean Pokémon on your journey, but you cannot exceed six Pokémon by doing so and it's not really recommended anyway.
    4) I won't explain exactly why, but I reserve the right to temporarily bunny your pokémon. This will only ever be a temporary arrangement however.
    5) This RP is rated M. That means, expect some gore. In fact, expect much gore.

Sign-Up Sheet

Name: Most everyone has one of these. I'm sure your character is no exception.
    Gender: Now, I think it's mandatory to say this… are you a BOY or a GIRL?
    Age: 18+ because I don't want to give anyone plot armor based on age.
    Appearance: How pretty is your character?
    History: Give us a little backstory! Explain who your character is, what brings them to Lunea, where they came from. Anything that they were that makes them who they are! Are they an ace trainer, brought in by Lunean authorities to help with the expansion of the isle, are they a worker building up the infrastructure? Did they just want to live in a place like Lunea (probably because it's pretty cheap to live out there?) Please note though that no character can originate from Lunea; it has only been known of for 10 years and I'm not letting characters that young into this RP.
    Pokémon: Up to six are allowed. Complete this for each mon. For obvious reason, no Legendary mons.
    Pokémon Name (if any):
    Pokémon Species:
    Known Moves:

Accepted Characters

Declan Price - as played by NyxShooter
    Sang Glass - as played by Grimace
    Talia Rose - as played by Albunnie
    Angelia Baxter - as played by Logical Cabbage
    Davey Thomas - as played by Julius Caesar
    Vermilia "Millie" Evans - as played by Quicksand.
    Allison Rowe - as played by Rising_Dawn
    Thilas Verane - as played by Veranithas of Pallet Town

Spaces Held For...
    Paskalso​
    RP OVERBOOKED. NO MORE SIGN-UPS PLEASE.​

Pierce the veil of darkness....

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Looking good, Adam, I'd like myself an horror-themed story for a change; I'd totally join if I wasn't caught at such a bad time with rl. Best of luck with it, regardless

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    This looks absolutely amazing. Reserve me a spot and I shall craft a sign-up asap. :I

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
  • Woooieeee I would love to join this ^_^ I saw an RP like this back in early 2012. Didn't quite catch on but it was a very fun roleplay. I would love to join this if possible :D

Declan Price, the Lover of Life.​

Name: Declan Price

Appearance: Declan is average in most manners. No stunning physique that makes him stick out. At a stunning 2.02 meters and 98 kilos, Declan has a tanned, sun kissed complexion after living in Pacifidlog and always under the sun. Price has straight, jet black, hair with turqoise eyes. He has slightly high cheekbones. His fashion sense is quite mundane consisting of a thick grey coat, pseudo combat boots, a belt and easily flexible pants. His idea of style and color is very monotone, as no matter the season he will consitintly wear dull colors, fitting his personality.

Declan has a small scratch on the left side of his face narrowly passing by his eye. Below his coat he wears a black tank-top and grey gloves. He carries a small switch-blade in his pants' back pocket and reading glasses in the other. Declan's slightly lean figure gives him an astute appearance, along with his glasses. Declan can usually be seen with a book in hand, when not at his shop.

History: Declan was born and raised in the quaint little town of Pacifidlog, born to his parents Amilia Price and Jason Price. His mother and father worked a fish shop in the town which sold many varities of fish, all the way from Magikarp to Relicanth. Declan dropped by the shop to read some magazines and to sit by his parents. They had a regular customer who called himself Old Man. Old Man told many stories which Declan loved to listen to when he came to the shop. He told about an island, not far off from Pacifidlog Town called Mirage Island. It's said that it is inhabited by Wynaut and hosts a legendary berry which can cure any illness. He spoke of times when there was nothing but Sky and Sea. He also instituted all of Declan's intellect, by giving him various books which were too old for his age such as 'Of Rattatta and Men' by Paul Reinback.

Declan lost his parents at the age of 13, and with no other relatives alive, Declan lived with the Old Man. Declan went into the fishing business with a Wingull so that he could pay for both the Old Man and himself. Declan worked hard and he managed his parents' shop all on his own. With a lot of workload on his shoulders from a young age, Declan never really had time for games and such. When Old Man had passed away when Declan was 17, Declan heard of Lunea. The cost of living there was very low, and business there seemed to be booming. Declan set out for Lunea immediately, with nothing to look back on. When Declan arrived at Lunea, he stayed in Lux Landing for a year continuing his fishing business. He then moved to Daybreak City to sell knick-nacks, souvenirs, and other little oddities. Despite his shop being very low quality many people dropped by, especially tourists. Declan was enjoying his life.

Pokémon

Pokémon Name: Regicide
    Pokémon Species: Scrafty
    scrafty.gif

Known Moves:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon Name: Statikk
    Pokémon Species: Ampharos
    ampharos.gif

Known Moves:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon Name: Alfredo
    Pokémon Species: Absol
    absol.gif

Known Moves:
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Name: Dr Scholls
    Pokemon Species: Reuniclus
    reuniclus.gif

Known Moves:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
    Years
  • Name:
    Sang Glass

Appearance:
    Sang is a fairly tall fellow, coming in at about 5'9", although he does look a little skinny and underfed, despite coming from a reasonably well-off background (he does tend to rush around an awful lot). His skin is actually pretty pale, considering how much time he spends outdoors, but marked with many little slash-scars, mainly around his chest, neck, and hands - the consequences of his pokémon choices, apparently.

Sang has only one eye - the other apparently having been cut into ribbons, judging by the state of the eye-socket left behind. The remaining eye (the left one) is a hazel colour. His brown hair is long - reaching to the bottom of his shoulder-blades, and usually very messy, sticking up in almost every direction; certainly, it's not his first priority in life.

As for clothes, they're usually dark-coloured (you get more wear out of them, since it's harder to make them look dirty, and almost always accompanied by a long coat - also dark, and probably used in a laboratory at one point or another, considering the bizarre smell, and the presence of scalpels, needles, and large metal clips in the various inside pockets.

History:
    Sang had a fairly normal childhood - he went to clubs with friends, often martial arts clubs, as that was where his interests lay, behaved well in public, acted up at home, and on his tenth birthday, he was given a pokémon's egg, and told that, when it hatched, he could go adventuring.

And hatch it did - Along with his Seviper, Sang visited many different regions, collecting pokémon, visiting ruins, and getting into trouble with criminal types (he was rather good at picking fights with them). He returned home to Hoenn shortly after seeing a news program on a horrific accident there (which turned out to be a hoax claim, in the end), in order to make sure his family was alright.

When it turned out that they were, Sang was at rather a loss for what to do: he'd spent most of his money rushing back. Eventually, to pay the bills in his rather low-rent Fortree tree-house, he took up a job as a researcher in the field of Pokémon battling. Unfortunately, this didn't last all that long: after his research took a turn to the... Darker side of battle-centric research, he got himself fired.

For quite a few years, Sang experimented on his own pokémon, in his parent's kitchen, when they were out of the house (when they were out, of course) - what gave pokémon their strange abilities? Why were they willing to fight each other? And how does one go about amplifying those aspects?

After Sang had sliced and diced his own pokémon, killed a good few, and used the survivors to capture more, he gained the attention of a rich man, who offered to fund his research, seeing that their interests fell into the same kind of categories. Provided, of course, Sang helped with other projects.

It was an arrangement of mutual benefit: Sang got money and a space to work in a sanitary manner, and his benefactor got not only a lackey, but also the first look at the results of Sang's research, whenever they appeared.

Sang was sent to Lunea's Daybreak City to convince trainers to go and participate in one of these 'other projects' - by any means necessary, naturally.

Pokémon:

Subject: 000
    336.gif

Pokémon Species: Seviper
    Known Moves:
    Crunch
    Wrap
    Poison Tail
    Iron Tail

Subject 010
    024.gif

Pokémon Species: Arbok
    Known Moves:
    Poison Fang
    Thunder Fang
    Glare
    Screech

Subject 058
    148.gif

Pokémon Species: Dragonair
    Known Moves:
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon Rush
    Slam
    Wrap

Subject 023
    208.gif

Pokémon Species: Steelix
    Known Moves:
    Dig
    Rock Tomb
    Heavy Slam
    Rock Polish

Subject 012
    350.gif

Pokémon Species: Milotic
    Known Moves:
    Hydro Pump
    Aqua Ring
    Ice Beam
    Hypnosis

Last edited:

Plumbum

Years
  • Albunnie, I'll keep a spot for you, have no concern.

Nyx, the only real thing I can see up with your character are his proportions seem a little skew to me - I mean, the guy is 6'7 and 15 stone, when (as a good benchmark), I'm 6'3 and 17.5 stone. That said, that isn't enough of an issue for me to decline your character for.

Grimace, I like your character too... why do I get the feeling that everyone else is going to be watching their backs though?

I'll make changes to the OP to reflect all this when I get back to my computer.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Done with this SU! Feel free to check it out.

Team Destiny Beyond Freedom

Name: Angelica Baxter

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

The History:
    Spoiler:

The Members
    257.gif

Blaziken // Blaze // Male
    Blaze Kick \\ Sky Uppercut \\ Flare Blitz \\ Ariel Ace

389.gif

Torterra // Buddy // Male
    Earthquake \\ Wood Hammer \\ Superpower \\ Frenzy Plant

260.gif

Swampert // Muddy // Male
    Earthquake \\ Waterfall \\ Mud Shot \\ Muddy Water

330.gif

Flygon // Terra // Female
    Outrage \\ Earthquake \\ Fly \\ Dig

136.gif

Flareon // Flare // Female
    Flare Blitz \\ Dig \\ Bite \\ Sand Attack

609.gif

Chandelure // Cassia // Female
    Flamethrower \\ Shadow Ball \\ Dark Pulse \\ Psychic

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    tpI8Ft2.png

Talia Rose
    Age 19 | Female

Appearance
    Talia stands at a height of about 5'8" with dark red, long hair that she usually keeps pulled up into a rather messy looking, lopsided ponytail. She has pale blue eyes and a somewhat pale skin complexion. Talia sports a rather curvaceous body build, and is definitely easy on the eyes if nothing else. Both of her ears are pierced twice, and she also sports a navel ring and her left eyebrow is pierced as well. She has a tattoo in the shape of a Haunter on her left shoulder.

In terms of clothing, Talia definitely goes for a more relaxed look. She favors wearing jeans and shorts over skirts any day, and can almost always be seen wearing her favorite, slightly worn-out green hooded jacket. Talia has a taste for wearing darker colors, using wearing black or purple tops whenever possible. Her favorite outfit seems to consist of a black, form-fitting tank top that stops just short of her stomach with a pair of cutoff denim shorts. Along with her hooded jacket, she completes this favorite outfit with her black, fingerless gloves and purple-laced combat boots. A black, wire-like necklace is wrapped around her neck.

History
    Talia hails from the region of Sinnoh, born and raised. She was the only child of a young couple who lived in Jubilife City. Her father worked at the local television studio, while her mother held down a career in the Pokémon Center as a nurse. Like most parents, they wanted the absolute best for Talia. They had dreams of her obtaining high education, a well-paying job, and starting a quaint, happy family of her own. Despite these wishes however, it seemed Talia had other plans for herself.

Saying that Talia was a delinquent child would be somewhat of an understatement. The girl was constantly in trouble and always seemed to find herself falling in with the wrong crowd. Throughout her schooling career, she was a known bully, constantly teasing others and getting into fights. This sort of behavior only seemed to get worse as she grew older, so her parents figured that maybe sending the girl out on a Pokémon journey would be just the thing to straighten her out and teach her some proper responsibility. To some degree, this plan of theirs worked. However, Talia still always had some sort of a rebellious streak within her, and one could say old habits die hard. The red-haired girl would eventually be arrested for stealing from a Pokémon Mart located in Hearthrome City.

Talia would eventually come to the Lunea Region when she was 17 years old. She was sent to live in Daybreak City with her aunt and uncle by her parents, the two feeling that perhaps the time away from Sinnoh and all the negative influences in life would do her some good. Most of the contacts and attachments she had from her previous life were cut loose by her parents. Aside from her clothes and some personal knickknacks, the only things Talia was allowed to bring with her was an electric guitar and her Pokémon team from her time in Sinnoh.

Talia would make a semi-career out of music while staying in the city. She met up with others own age, and the group formed a small amateur band that would play local clubs and bars. While it in no means payed amazing, the red-haired girl thought it was fun and it at the very least did put some change in her pocket. Since then, Talia has gained a dream of one day becoming a famous rock musician, and figured that Lunea was just the region to jump start this goal... that is, until the attack happened.

Pokémon
    luxray.gif

Leo | Male | Luxray
    Wild Charge/Crunch/Roar/Volt Switch

espeon.gif

Ruby | Female | Espeon
    Psychic/Calm Mind/Protect/Shadow Ball

roserade-f.gif

Ivy | Female | Roserade
    Giga Drain/Toxic Spikes/Petal Dance/Poison Jab

honchkrow.gif

Raven | Male | Honchkrow
    Fly/Night Slash/Thief/Steel Wing

empoleon.gif

Henry | Male | Empoleon
    Hydro Pump/Flash Cannon/Drill Peck/Sword Dance

lopunny.gif

Lola | Female | Lopunny
    Bounce/Ice Punch/Charm/Agility

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Can I make a reservation please? I will start soon as I can

Name: David "Davey" Thomas
    Appearance:

Measuring in at six feet four inches tall and two-hundred and forty-eight pounds, Davey is a physically intimidating person. He has a solid build, quite muscular but also with a bit of body fat. Davey sports a dark brown crew cut, a reminder of his days in the military. Davey has dark green eyes, a square-ish jaw line and sports a goatee. Davey's skin is lightly tanned, and he has a few scars on his arms and legs. Davey always wears his dogtags, yet another reminder of his days in service.

Davey lost all of the clothes that he wasn't wearing during the beginning of the "pokemon reclamation of Lunea", the clothes he owns now are a black t-shirt, with a big rip down the back, a pair of green digital camo cargo pants, and a pair of tan cargo boots. Davey also owns a pair of gold-rimmed aviators and a green canvas cap. Davey also has a bolt action hunting rifle slung over his back, with a couple extra clips in his back pocket. (Will remove if I have to, I won't have unlimited ammo for it)

History:

Born in Petalburg City of the Hoenn Region, David "Davey" Thomas lived a happy childhood. His father, Joseph Thomas was a architect, and spent most of his time in their home studio designing plans. Davey's mother, Angelina Thomas was a stay at home mother, due to Joseph's income being able to support the whole family. Davey was an only child, and thus he was spoiled like one. His father, with his experience designing buildings, made Davey a big treehouse, one where all the other children in Petalburg would want to play in, and remains one of Davey's fondest childhood memories. Through Angelina's community involvement, activities such as bake sales, charity games and what not, Davey got to meet a lot of people, and through that became a very sociable person.

Once Davey reached the age of ten, as most children do he went on a Pokemon Journey to collect all of the gym badges. Davey had been given a Squirtle by his father, and the two bonded quickly. Davey wasn't naturally talented enough at Pokemon training to have success right off the bat, but with enough practice, he became a decent trainer. Davey travelled around Hoenn, and managed to collect all eight Gym Badges, but when he decided to challenge the Elite Four, but lost to the first of the Elite Four.

Davey returned home upon his journey coming to a quick conclusion, and focused on his next goal, joining the army. Davey had to wait until he was eighteen to enlist, but in the mean time he became extremely focused on his fitness. Davey was a little chubby growing up, but by the time he was ready to enlist, he was in solid shape, a big physical force.

Upon enlistment, Davey was stationed in Slateport as part of homeland security. It was boring for Davey, as the port offered little excitement. Davey was part of that unit for ten years, until a new opportunity popped up. The legendary Lunea Region was just discovered and was looking for soldiers to assist in settling the region. Seeing this as an opportunity for a new life, Davey left Hoenn with his wife, Christina and their five-year old son Jonathan.

Davey bought a small house in the newly established Daybreak City, and began assisting with the takeover. Davey was doing well in Lunea, as humans were taking large expanses of land and bringing order to the legendary Lunea. That was until two months ago, when fearing for her and her son, Christina left Lunea with their son Jonathan. Davey was heartbroken, and resigned from the human forces. Davey tried to keep in contact with Christina, but before any letters could get returned, it finally happened, the pokemon came for what was once theirs. Davey began formulating a plan to survive.

Pokémon:

blastoise.gif

Pokémon Name: Cascade
    Known Moves:
    Bite-Water Pulse
    Ice Beam-Hydro Pump

metang.gif

Pokemon Name: FMJ
    Known Moves:
    Zen Headbutt-Metal Claw
    Bullet Punch-Psychic

manectric.gif

Pokémon Name: Nero
    Known Moves:
    Spark-Thunder Wave
    Quick Attack-Thunder Fang

SU Is ready for review

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    i LOVE this!! hope you dont mind saving a spot for me while i brainstorm a character :)

Plumbum

Years
  • Ehehe... well, let's catch up shall we?

So first up, Talia is approved. Welcome to your nightmare. </cornyasallhell>

I've made an update to the OP to show the characters accepted and players spots are held for - that includes everyone who's asked for a reservation so far, Quicksand, Julius and Cabbage. If I've missed anyone, that person is allowed to boot me in the spuds.

Also, I have decided that I will accept a maximum of eight signups for this RP. Well, I decided it a while ago, but apparently totally neglected to actually mention it. So I'm mentioning it now (there are a couple of folks I'm talking with right now that I'll exceed that limit for however, so expect the final participation number to be about ten.)

Last edited:

Plumbum

Years
  • You most certainly can.

Cabbage, I just want to make one note - Blaziken cannot learn Close Combat by any means. I'd like to restrict moves to moves that the mons can actually learn, please. (I tend not to check moves against what they can learn, I just happened to notice this one because I used to run Blazi online. I'll probably have a check over everyone's mons shortly.)

Plumbum

Years
  • Cabbage, as of now, I cannot accept your character into the RP, for a few reasons. One of these is more of a note about the general form of the post, whilst it holds together for the most part I can spot a fair few spelling mistakes and grammatical errors like tense confusion... but the real bugbear about that is the use of text-speak in prose... It does give me real concern. It's not a "done thing" and the Pokécommunity rules even mention "don't do that."

There's also a couple of logical inconsistencies in the signup itself I don't like. For example, who in the world allowed an 8-yr old to work for them, or coming to the trainer she killed, how did someone who has a petite frame and a knife in their shoulder manage to kill someone with a single punch in the jaw?

If you could work on these issues for me, I would probably be more willing to accept your character into the RP.

On an unrelated note, slots for this RP are now filled, although that doesn't mean you can stop watching the thread, if anyone drops that means a spot will open right up!

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
  • I just wanted to note that I went ahead and added another pokemon to my roster. I didn't feel right with 3 from the start. I don't like that number, and Reuniclus is a really intresting Pokemon. If not, I'll go ahead and remove him.

Back