• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Machoke is a female O_o...no, that cant be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Alright now that I deviantly attracted you to my thread its time for me to raise a question

Gender...male...female...no gender. Pokemon have either one of these specified genders. Nut where does it cross the line. As the title says Pokemon as Macho as a Machoke can be female which is...disturbing to say the least.

Cutting to the chase: What are a few pokemon that you believe should either
    A. Be just either male or female rather than both
    B. Should be both rather than one...if you can think of one
    C. Shouldn't have a gender at all

Feel free to anser all three or whatever one to your liking.

For me
    A. All three macho pokes should be just male. Gardevoir should just be female
    B. I don't know about on for here
    C. Spiritomb how it can be male and female is beyond me

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
  • 1. Macho family, Mr Mime (because we have some Mrs Mr Mime -.-), Gardevoir just female and Glalie just male.
    2. Can't remember any case.
    3. Spiritomb, Heatran, can't remember more..

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • A. male: Machop line, Mime Jr. line female: Lopunny, and Gardevoir
    B. Can't think of any cases where something should be able to be both
    C. I'm content with everyone...

Edit: My post made NO sense.

Last edited:

raging lion

Veteran Player
    Years
  • 1. Macho family, Mr mime (it has Jynx as a female counter part), Like Vespqueen only female Ralts should evolve to a gardevoir.
    2. Lugia. If it has a child it should have genders too.
    3. None.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Gardevoir can't really just be a female because kirlia would need to be a boy to evolve into Gallade!
    A. Nosepass and probopass as male! oh and blaziken all male... just cuz of tha fluff near umm...
    B.
    Phione and manaphy should be female!
    C. Duskull family... how the hell are you supposed to tell!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Gardevoir can't really just be a female because kirlia would need to be a boy to evolve into Gallade!
    Uhm, yeah. That's why we said Gardevoir. Basically, make male Kirlia feel shameful be unable to evolve into Gardevoir.

A. Machop line, Mime line
    B. Marill. I'm not saying it isn't already, it just isn't at the same ratio as Azurill and I found myself with a gender-bending Pikablu. Not an enjoyable experience.
    C. Ghosts and stuff. ;-; Although that would kill some egg moves...

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    A.(Male only) Mr Mine, Macho line (Female only) Clefairy line, Jigglypuff line, Chikorita line
    B. Can't think of any
    C. Again, Can't think of any

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • It's not the gender ratios I'm so concerned with it's the fact that they make so many Pokemon so masculine or feminine.

Years
  • Call me crazy, but I always wanted to see Mew as an all female species. It got pregnant in Gen I, and has the DNA of all currently existing species, making it the mother of all Pokechus.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    A. Males: Mr. Mime, Macho line, Glalie, Scizor, Arcanine
    Females: Gardevoir, Clefairy line, Ninetales, Delcatty, puff line, Marill line, possibly Shaymin, Manaphy and Phione.
    B. Hmm...perhaps Kangaskhan ( I know it being a mother and all, but surely there must be a dad involved in taking care of the baby?). Probably also make Eevee 50/50 chance.
    C. Spiritomb and Heatran.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Some of these I completly agree with especially Lopunny. No guy has hips those wide :O.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Kirlia should be Female only... Why can you have a Male in a skirt Pokemon... thats weird...

iNinja

hi hello
    Years
  • I feel all milotic should be Female, and all gyarados are male. All skitty must be FEMALE while slaKING should be male. Girl Electivire and Magmortar look awkward. Steelix i think shouldn't haven gender, if not all male. Omastar and Kabutops should be male. Now goldeen should be female, yet SEAKING should be Male (Fk yeah seakingz)

Also, I find ghost types don't deserve gender's except froslass and misdreavous and mismagious who seem more female...

ಠ_ಠ

Last edited:

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i think that guardevoir should only be female. i think that miltank should only be female as well and tauros only male. maybe kirlia as only female. jynx should be female and mr mime should be male....it even has mr in its name.
    thats all i can think of...

Years
  • It's not the gender ratios I'm so concerned with it's the fact that they make so many Pokemon so masculine or feminine.

yeah. i think that the problem too is that if these pokemon were REALLY like the animal descriptions theyre given,tauros couldnt be female, miltank couldnt be male. they should have made a Mrs.Mime cos jynx+Mr.Mime=mime jr or smoochum, and i think that mime jr reeeally looks like another ballerina (male kirlia/gardevoir was just a very very VERY bad idea, nintendo. too late to fix it now unless new games force pal park to turn all the gay males into females and the masculine females into males) while, then again, smoochum is very girly, too.
    Phione=male. Manaphy=female.
    spiritomb=unknown gender.
    Lugia=male. Ho-oh=female.
    Suicune=U, Entei=M, Raikou=F; because suicune acts like a male but looks like a female. o_O
    They need some type of male chansey line. And a male Clefairy line

Spectral

A Ghostly Presence...
    Years
  • Personally, I think it is necessary (Breedingwise) to have male and female variants of as many Pokemon as possible, or have counterparts for a gender, i.e Mi;tank and Tauros, Jynx and Mr. Mime, Ninetales and Arcanine, these could be reasonable male-female counterparts.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    This is like looking at animals and deciding they should only be one sex...

With SOME Pokémon one sex should be determined, like most of the ones mentioned.

But just because a Pokémon is cute or beautiful doesn't mean it can't be male, ever seen a peacock? ><

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back