• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Make-a-Mega 2 - Complete

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
  • When I first saw these Pokémon I held them for dark types. I ended up feeling really confused when I captured a Shinx later and checked its type. So yeah, can't say I'm surprised to see electric/dark leading here.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I voted Electric/Fighting. Though the new design might be a little more difficult, I just love the idea of it, especially for competitive reasons and my love for Serperior puts me well aboard the Contrary Superpower concept.

Though ELectric/Dark was my first thought when I first saw the Pokemon in Gen 4, so I would be okay if thats what it ends up as.

Years
  • electric/dark + make it learn knock off via tutor in Sun and Moon = gg fam, m-lux s rank OU, banned two months later

in other words, electric dark is the best choice here 8]

Years
  • I like electric/fire as typing as it doesnt matter for me if a 2× weakness becomes 4×. But hope if the secondary typing is fire it gets more fire moves. Also i dont think its that hard to design a fire/electric luxray)

(Add ability as levitate.xD)

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I think we know what typing is going to win this...8D

Years
  • Electric/Dark it is! Now the question is what ability should we give Mega Luxray?

Personally I'm thinking Contrary might be a good idea. I know that Luxray won't get the STAB off of Superpower that it would as a fighting type, but it's still going to be a powerful move in its arsenal, so we might as well take its drawbacks and turn them into strengths. On top of that it will help scare off potential Landorus switch-ins.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    How about Levitate? Not only does it get rid of its Ground weakness, but it also allows it to become the flying super villain that it always was meant to be.

I'd say Hugh Power, because with some additional basepoints in Attack, even if a Jolly nature, it hits harder than CB sets, while still having the option to change moves.

Alternatively, we could also give it Simple to make use of Howl. However, Intimidate would be pretty devastation, I can imagine.

Years
  • I'm proposing the radical (well maybe not) idea that we create a NEW ability for Luxray. This is because Luxray is obviously a bit, um, lacking in Dark STAB. Crunch, as we know, is its best STAB. So I think we should give some -ate type ability along the lines of Pixilate, etc., preferably for its Dark typing (I think the name should be 'Umbranate') but also possibly for its Electric typing. 'Umbranate' could be very helpful also because it would make Quick Attack a Dark move, possibly making it an actually usable STAB for hitting from its quite underwhelming (at the moment anyway) base 70 Speed.
    STAB Return ftw.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Strong Jaw or Serene Grace (known in japan as Heavenly Blessing). If we furthered the star motif serene grace would make some sense and could also make luxray quite dangerous with 20% chance to flinch and inflict status with three of its moves and then 40% chance to lower defense with Crunch. but strong jaw is also better for its stability and it makes sense easier with the design. I'ma nominate both.

Etherion

I would suggest: Motor Drive & Aftermath.

The first one would be super helpful if initiated carefully, Luxray could switch in into an Electric attack and get a free speed boost while dishing out attacks. Aftermath would do well with a Choice Band set with Wild Charge/Superpower, plus it's a sinister ability for a Dark-type.

Years
  • Yeah Strong Jaw's almost certainly going to win. It was going to win basically as soon as Luxray became the candidate, so I'm probably to end up voting for that. Well, several options have been nominated, but I feel like if you put a poll in front of everybody, Strong Jaw would probably be the winner. It's certainly not a bad ability but... eh I'll vent later, after the poll.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah Strong Jaw's almost certainly going to win. It was going to win basically as soon as Luxray became the candidate, so I'm probably to end up voting for that. Well, several options have been nominated, but I feel like if you put a poll in front of everybody, Strong Jaw would probably be the winner. It's certainly not a bad ability but... eh I'll vent later, after the poll.

You should share your thoughts now since it might sway the vote :)

Years
  • You should share your thoughts now since it might sway the vote :)

Fine. Here's my problem with Strong Jaw: I'm worried about Luxray becoming too powerful. I mean, after the Strong Jaw boost and if its Mega Evo gets even a modest +20 to its Attack, it 1-2HKOes some notable Pokemon that are supposed to be walls or bulky (2HKOes Skarmory, Zapdos, Chansey, Blissey, and Tyranitar after rocks; it freaking 2HKOes 248/248+ Primal Kyogre!), so I feel we'd have to nerf its stats to keep balance. If balance isn't a requirement, though, then none of these concerns really matter. So that's what I've been worried about a little with Strong Jaw.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    Before we even go with abilities we need to go with new physical electric moves that don't also kill the user and aren't terrible.

Rock head is the only real ability that would do luxray any good right now and it doesn't fit the pokemon

Back