• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Make-up?

Years
    Do you think makeup is attractive?

If so, how much is too much? If at all.

Women vs Men?

General Thoughts About Social Customs/Expectations and Makeup?

Do you wear makeup?

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
    I love makeup.

I think it looks insanely attractive when done right, and that goes for both genders.

Too much for casual wear is that caked-on look. That is only necessary if you're doing stage makeup. That is when physical traits may need to be exaggerated, like the brows or the hollows of the cheeks.

Every style and look has a time and place. People also always need to consider keeping skin clean and to never sleep with makeup on.

I rarely wear makeup myself. But that is because I am home all the time.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Yes! I love makeup, it's so fun when I get new little goodies like a new brush or a new eyelash curler. When I do my makeup, it's always very subtle, though. I don't wear foundation and the most I ever really do is eyeliner, mascara, and maybe lip gloss if I'm feeling like it. I have a really clear and even complexion, so I only ever just use moisturizer or sunscreen if necessary on my skin. I really want to get some false eyelashes to play around with, because although I have long lashes I like being a little extravagant sometimes.

Although I'm like Shiny Bunnelby and hardly ever wear it because I'm home all the time, lol! I do moisturize every day, though, but I don't really consider that make up so much as just every day skin care tbh.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I think makeup is attractive, but only in small to moderate amounts. Layers and layers of makeup doesn't do justice to any face, no matter the person's natural features. Makeup on women is perfectly normal, whereas makeup on men depends on what profession they are in. For example, men in the entertainment business such as K-Pop who wear makeup is acceptable, whereas makeup on men who works in, say, an accounting firm is not exactly appropriate. As for myself, I'm not against makeup, but I prefer not to wear them. I believe natural looks are always the best. If I do wear them, it'll be only some light blusher, eye shadow and lipstick during formal events such as weddings and proms. When I start working, au naturale makeup will do just nicely for me.

Years
    Not the largest advocate for make-up, but I do wear the occasional eye-liner and concealer whenever I get an extreme case of panda eyes...But like others have already mentioned, makeup can be quite attractive when done right, but relatively disastrous if over done.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    For some people it can be attractive! I think eyeliner is always attractive for pretty much everyone, and lipstick too as long as its the right shade for the person. Of course, too much makeup is never a good thing. But there are pictures of other people, who are pretty average looking, that I compare with before and after pictures of makeup, and I think they look better without.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I'm all about the red lipstick 8) Well, until it gets on my shirt anyway ahaha or me. I think the right amount of make up can look very very attractive. For either gender really.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I'm all about the red lipstick 8) Well, until it gets on my shirt anyway ahaha or me. I think the right amount of make up can look very very attractive. For either gender really.

Dipu you don't have to put make up on yourself, you're just as beautiful the way you are <3

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    The first thing imma do when I meet you is get some lipstick all over your face. As in take a tube and draw on you.
    Make-up?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I honestly don't like make up.

I'd probably only use light-colored blush on and lipstick during parties, but that's really my personal limit. I'm not a fancy woman after all. :"

Poki

Banned
    Years
    I'm a female, and I dislike make up. My face is not a colouring book, and I don't need it to feel confident or w.e the **** people use it for.

I only use make up for Halloween.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm not a fan of make-up. I think natural beauty is more attractive than putting a crapload of goop on your face just to look good. I prefer a little mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss. That's it. I don't do foundation, eye shadow, or anything that causes me to look uglier than originally before.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I feel like makeup can sometimes enhance certain features of someone's face, so things like eye liner or blush are probably what I like the most. I personally never really use makeup, except for those two things on occasion. Then again, I look kind of boyish, so if I were to wear a lot of makeup on any normal basis, it would look.. weird.. in contrast to my general way of dressing, hair, etc.

I think it's fine if people wanna wear a lot of makeup, I just don't find it necessary in order for people to be pretty. My friend's sister wears a ton, but I wish she realized that she actually looks better without all the makeup on. .w.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I think make up is fine. Sometimes people don't know how to wear it properly and they look like a clown, but that's about it. I usually just wear foundation and if I'm going out and have to look nice I'll put a little mascara and lipstick. I don't even know how to apply eyeliner, eyeshadow or blush properly so I just don't lol

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I like makeup! I tried to put some concealer on boyfriend a while back and he got all scared and was like "no no you can't do that" and I got sad - it's a sad world where we raise our boys to avoid things that would make them look good just because makeup is "girly". It wasn't even something that would make him look made-up either; just concealer to cover a red spot.

Of course, it's also a sad world where women are expected to be more flawless than men because makeup is expected in a lot of jobs, so.

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
    I don't like make up and have actually never used any type of it. I'd rather to look naturally ugly.

Back