• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making an NPC who turns Pokémon shiny

Qwertyis666

Dragon Trainer Since 1996
Years
  • Hi, I start a game with Pokemon Essentials and I want to know if I can add a NPC who will make my pokemon shiny (for cash or custom item,etc). I'm not very good with script so that why I ask this here.
    I install the Following Pokemon script yesterday and everything work fine so I know how to ''install'' script but I just don't understand them :s

Thanks in advance!

Btw sorry for my very bad english :x

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    It is quite certainly possible! I put together a little something you can use as a jumping-off point. This event has the NPC do it for no charge, but if you want to make it cost Pokedollars or an item, that can be implemented also.

Make a new event, and set the Graphic to however you want the character to look (I'm sure this is something you've done before). The Option and Trigger settings are up to you and your circumstances, but Action Button works best for a character you can talk to, and Direction Fix should probably be unchecked so he faces the player when they talk.

The contents of the event should be similiar to this below. The text in the message boxes can definitely be altered to your liking, but be sure to copy the script boxes exactly or you risk breaking it.

As I noted before, the Options, Trigger, and character Graphic are not going to hurt the effectiveness of this at all so do with those whatever you feel like.

Qwertyis666

Years
  • It is quite certainly possible! I put together a little something you can use as a jumping-off point. This event has the NPC do it for no charge, but if you want to make it cost Pokedollars or an item, that can be implemented also.

Make a new event, and set the Graphic to however you want the character to look (I'm sure this is something you've done before). The Option and Trigger settings are up to you and your circumstances, but Action Button works best for a character you can talk to, and Direction Fix should probably be unchecked so he faces the player when they talk.

The contents of the event should be similiar to this below. The text in the message boxes can definitely be altered to your liking, but be sure to copy the script boxes exactly or you risk breaking it.

As I noted before, the Options, Trigger, and character Graphic are not going to hurt the effectiveness of this at all so do with those whatever you feel like.

Nice! Thanks you very much DurrCo Games, I can't imagine something more clear. ^^
    I thought it was harder than this... so if i want to take my money for this, I do like the PokeMart?
    I wish to add a special stone, in the game, for the payment too.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english :x

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    You're very welcome!

Actually, if you want to make it cost Pokedollars, you'll have to set it up a little differently than a Pokemart since it isn't an item but a service that is being provided, so it works a little differently.

As for an item as the cost, it sounds like that's what you're wanting, so I whipped this up. It's a modified version of what I posted before. The same things apply; modify the graphic, text messages, options, triggers, whatever you like to suit your needs, but make sure to not adjust much else, especially the scripts, and copy them exactly. If yo do need to change something, be careful.

and your english is fine, I've dealt with worse lol.

EDIT : On an important note, Potion is obviously a placeholder here for whatever item you want to use. Make sure that item is fully defined and set up with the other items so that this goes smoothly. Also, where it says "Conditional Branch : Variable [0042: Potions in Bag]" This is also a placeholder. "Potions in Bag" is the name of whatever variable 42 is in your system, where the number of this special item you have is checked and stored. Make sure Variable 42 is open and not used for something else so the scripts as I have them arranged go off without a hitch.

Last edited:

Qwertyis666

Years
  • You're very welcome!

Actually, if you want to make it cost Pokedollars, you'll have to set it up a little differently than a Pokemart since it isn't an item but a service that is being provided, so it works a little differently.

As for an item as the cost, it sounds like that's what you're wanting, so I whipped this up. It's a modified version of what I posted before. The same things apply; modify the graphic, text messages, options, triggers, whatever you like to suit your needs, but make sure to not adjust much else, especially the scripts, and copy them exactly. If yo do need to change something, be careful.

and your english is fine, I've dealt with worse lol.

EDIT : On an important note, Potion is obviously a placeholder here for whatever item you want to use. Make sure that item is fully defined and set up with the other items so that this goes smoothly. Also, where it says "Conditional Branch : Variable [0042: Potions in Bag]" This is also a placeholder. "Potions in Bag" is the name of whatever variable 42 is in your system, where the number of this special item you have is checked and stored. Make sure Variable 42 is open and not used for something else so the scripts as I have them arranged go off without a hitch.

Thanks again ! You give me a big help for my game! (Since I have finish the mapping of my game now I add NPC,etc and nothing work like I hoped :( )

But for the Variable 42, do I need to write this variable anywhere else? or I just write "Conditional Branch : Variable [0042: Shiny Star]"in this event?
    Can I use other variable than 42?

Thanks in advance

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    Yes, you can use any variable, but in the script of th event, I chose 42, so if you change the variable that is affected, change it there too. As long as you have everything concerning the variable worked out in the event, and have the variable named appropriately (which is easy to do from the event) then you don't have to edit anything for it anywhere else, it's all there in your event :D You can also call it again in another event if you need to check for the Shiny Star elsewhere, but I'd cross that bridge if and when you come to it.

Qwertyis666

Years
  • All clear now! thank to have take the time to help me :D
    Btw do you want than I give you credit in my game for this? Or maybe a Special Thanks will be more appropriate ? (It will be a pleasure)

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    Yea sure if you want to. A special thanks would be the extent of it though, if you even want to do that much. It doesn't matter to me, but I would be flattered.

Back