• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manga Web Series

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
    Okay. So I was talking with an AIM friend, Paper Fairy, two nights ago when we both had this really kick-ass idea. Paper Fairy's already posted this idea on SPPF, BGF and PE2000, so I'm posting it here, too.

The idea goes something like this; Using the wonderful, advanced technology of computer microphones and FLASH Player, we make an animated series of PokeSpecial. We're planning on doing the audio first, then the openings (see below), then filling in the art with the audio. I figure we'll need a hell-load of artists for this (we will, of course, be doing it on the computer), and also a lot of voice actors. We're quite happy with the results on BG (they seemed to be planning a Radio Drama and would like to merge with us). Of course, finding voice actors is the easy part, as is getting the music and sound effects. The animation will be very hard, I know. Especially if we want to make it look decent.

I'm okay with backgrounds, but I doubt I could do them all by myself. Action scenes are hard as hell. We want to make it look as much like the PokeSpecial art as possible, though we haven't figured out a style yet. So if you think you're any good at drawing and animating, just dunk a couple of examples in this thread and we'll work our way up from there.

Music is no problem. There's a sound CD of the Anime and game background tracks on GH.

If you think you'd do well with a voice, simply record yourself, in character, via a computer microphone, upload it, and link it in this thread. Be sure to tell us what character you're auditioning for, too.

This is not legal, no, but we're not making a profit from it, so I doubt we'll get into any trouble. And if we do, the worst they can do is ask us to stop (which we won't, BTW).

We're guestimating about 10 minutes per episode, though some will be longer than others. I'm not sure how long it will take to make each one. We want to do the audio recording first, too.

Any questions or requests to join the project, post here, or at the three other threads we have;

https://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=171631
    https://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?p=299708#post299708
    https://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26733&highlight=Manga

Or here, on our boards;

https://z8.invisionfree.com/PokeSpecial_Animated/index.php?

(I'm not sure if we'll be using the Japanese names or the English names yet. We certainly won't be using Japanese words. (E.G., Chan, Kun, San, Sama, etc..))

I'm quite confident that the Openings can be done easily. Note that "ARATANARU CHIKAI," Crystal's Opening, uses the masculine "ore," so we're gonna have to re-sing that one. Anyone who knows Japanese (knows Japanese, not thinks they do), feel free to try out. ^_^

MEZASE POKEMON MASUTAA -- RGB
    RAIBARU -- Yellow
    OK! -- GS
    ARATANARU CHIKAI -- Crystal
    READY, GO -- GSC
    ADVANCE ADVENTURE -- RS
    MEZASE POKEMON MASUTAA 2000 -- FR&LG
    BATTLE FRONTIER -- Emerald
    TOGETHER -- DP

We're planning to do a Colosseum/XD (mix) Saga, too, fan written, but I'd like to do all these first. Colosseum/XD will use SPURT.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    Oh wow that would be amazing. I would like to help, but unfortunatly I don't know anything abotu flash player

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Wow, I was thinking of this myself for a while... Didn't think anyone would actually try to do it though.

Um, but the way you're making it, are you going to use the art in the manga as a basis and then animate them? Or are you going to just go with the script and then make up your own art?

What I mean is, are you going to just animate the panels and drawings and stuff, or are you going to make pictures from scratch?

I think my voice is terrible, to be honest, but I could help with drawings... I'll scan something over the weekend if I can, I guess. I'll probably draw Ruby or Silver, as they're my favorites, but Red is actually one of the easiest to draw... Not sure if I can draw pokemon that well though. >_>

Edit: Oh, and for stuff like pokemon... It's not gonna be like in the show where a Pikachu would say 'Pikachu', right? They're going to have actual roars and cries?

Last edited:

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    Nicoleb, wonderful as always.
    Your ideas are wonderful too.
    I would soooo much love to do the Polish dub of it.
    Or, to dub Bill in English because he has a problems with language and accent. Just like me (because I'm not native english).

You have a supporter in me.

We're planning to do a Colosseum/XD (mix) Saga, too, fan written, but I'd like to do all these first. Colosseum/XD will use SPURT.
    Or do TCG! I love TCG for GB! Or maybe Mystery Dungeon (based on Ginji's Rescue Team).

Years
    Wonderful idea~! I'll try to support the idea, I'm not make voice of any character (though it would fit Red I think XD), my accent is nearly native English (though I'm not native English-speaking), but anyway, it would be still too difficult due to lack of time.
    Anyway, I love the idea, and hope that it will materialized, if there would be anything I could help with, I would undoubtedly do so!

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Nah, the only problem's getting this kind of thing started.

Anyways... I read over that Serebii thread, and apparently you want people to draw out a scene? Oh well, nevermind that Ruby I drew then.

So uh... When you think of the scene, do you want it coloured, or is a sketch ok?

Oh, and what about the nicknames? I mean, Red nicknames his pokemon by the first part of a pokemon's name, so would Bulbasaur be called Fushi? Or are you just gonna scrap nicknames? Because there's a little story bit about Blue and her nicknaming of pokemon... So I think that the nicknames should be in the script...

Last edited:

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    Nah, the only problem's getting this kind of thing started.

Anyways... I read over that Serebii thread, and apparently you want people to draw out a scene? Oh well, nevermind that Ruby I drew then.

So uh... When you think of the scene, do you want it coloured, or is a sketch ok?

Oh, and what about the nicknames? I mean, Red nicknames his pokemon by the first part of a pokemon's name, so would Bulbasaur be called Fushi? Or are you just gonna scrap nicknames? Because there's a little story bit about Blue and her nicknaming of pokemon... So I think that the nicknames should be in the script...

I don't think if Nicoleb wants to use Coronis's fake nicknames. Fanon names is a bad thing. And since the series will be in English no Japanese nicknames. Take it as English dub. English dub uses only official English translations.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    They're not fanon, I think I remember reading before, and that Blue and Yellow had extensions to their pokemon's names. And Ruby even has his pokemon's nicknames in clear english. (Ralts/Kirlia = Ruru, Feebas/Milotic = Mimi, etc.)

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    They're not fanon, I think I remember reading before, and that Blue and Yellow had extensions to their pokemon's names. And Ruby even has his pokemon's nicknames in clear english. (Ralts/Kirlia = Ruru, Feebas/Milotic = Mimi, etc.)

Coronis left Ruby's Pokemon alone.
    But rest of Coronis's names are completely fanon. He freely admits it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Coronis freely admits that he used the nicknames as a basis, and Fushi is actually an original nickname for Red's Bulbasaur, and I'm pretty sure Blue nicked her pokemon with 'chan'...

I've never read the ViZ/ChangYi translations though, so I don't know what kind of names they use... Nicoleb's topic of scans are those, right? I guess I'll have to read them then...

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    Coronis freely admits that he used the nicknames as a basis, and Fushi is actually an original nickname for Red's Bulbasaur, and I'm pretty sure Blue nicked her pokemon with 'chan'...

I've never read the ViZ/ChangYi translations though, so I don't know what kind of names they use... Nicoleb's topic of scans are those, right? I guess I'll have to read them then...

Fusshi IS Official japanese nickname but since it's supposed to be English I'm sure that Nicoleb will use English names not Japanese.

Viz/Chuang Yi didn't use any nicknames for Red and Blue. They did for Yellow and every newer character (except those that didn't nickname their Pokemon in original, like Silver). And they keep Japanese nicknames for Ruby.

So, since "Fusshi" is Japanese-only and "Saur" is fanon I'm sure that nicoleb won't use any of them. In official English version of manga Red and Blue didn't nickname their Pokemon. So, stick to Official English Version!

Years
    if you need mp3's for MEZASE POKEMON MASUTAA and MEZASE POKEMON MASUTAA 2000, i have them. i bought the cds a long time ago.;

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Wait a second, then is the girl gonna be named Green? And Blue's gonna be the boy that's not Red? And here I thought it would stick to the original version... ._.

Paperfairy

WHAT ARE U LOOKIN' AT?
    Years
    if you need mp3's for MEZASE POKEMON MASUTAA and MEZASE POKEMON MASUTAA 2000, i have them. i bought the cds a long time ago.;

Thanks, but we have them already.

Wait a second, then is the girl gonna be named Green? And Blue's gonna be the boy that's not Red? And here I thought it would stick to the original version... ._.

Boy - Green
    Girl - Blue

I can already see this idea dying.. slowly and painfully...

Look at me, getting all exicted over a new post only to see that's it's someone with nothing nice to say. Thanks for your support. >.>

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
    Sorry. I don't have much time to post now. I'll edit this later, though, so check back and I'll answer some questions that Paper Fairy missed or whatnot.

Paper Fairy made this amazing board;

https://z8.invisionfree.com/PokeSpecial_Animated/index.php?

This is where we hope the Manga idea will grow. Since the threads we set up are this popular, though, I don't really wanna close them until we get a large ammount of members on our boards. Be sure to join! ^_^

Back