• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Map editor needed

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2014
    So I'm looking for a Pokemon map editor that doesn't rely on things like "Comdlg32.ocx" Due to me being unable to install that with Windows 8. Is there any good 1st gen map editors out there that don't need "Comdlg32.ocx" Or is there a way I can install "Comdlg32.ocx" on my windows 8?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    Comdlg32.ocx is a system file necessary for the editor to run. Look up how to fix DLL errors and you should be able to find a tutorial.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    Why would you want to hack first gen games?
    Anyway when you come to your senses and start hacking 3rd gen you should use Advanced Map (AM)1 Most people would advise AM 1.92 but I suggest AM 1.95 as it may be a little unstable but it has more features. Whatever gets you what you need you know? Anyway I could install AM with my windows 8 and I didn't need to install anything else
    Hope this helps!

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2016
    Keep searching, but (if things haven't changed much since I last looked at it) I think that most first- and second-gen hackers actually only map edit just by hex editing :bigo:

Back