• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PBS Question] Map name issue

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi,

For some reason, the map name I specify in map_metadata.txt are not showing correctly in my game.
    I deleted all the example maps a while ago, but now when I walk to a new map of mine with the property ShowArea = true, the map name displayed is actually the one of the previous example map with the same ID (I redownloaded the original project to compare). For instance, I specified a name for my map with ID 10 and it show "Cedolan City".
    Same issues apply for the name appearing on my save when I launch the game (I guess it's logical).

I tried by editing the txt file or by doing it from debug mode, same issue. I fully compiled the game several time, no change.
    I don't know where this old name is stored and why it isn't overwrited by the name I specified.
    I tried to delete map_metadata.dat to force recreate it, the issue is the same.

I'm using v20.1.

Anyone with the same issue or any idea ?

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Did you compile the text to translate it into another language? If you haven't updated it after you changed the maps, then the name showing in the game wouldn't update either since the game is detecting a translation file for the current language and it's loading that instead of the default files.

Back