• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Maplestory Anyone?

Lollypop

Member since '07 <300 posts
Years
  • Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you play maplestory? If you do add me, 0neEpic Windia. Im lvl 9x slinger.
    Also, this thread is for discussion and PM me for IGN(in game names)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just a reminder, this thread isn't for just passing on your usernames, this thread can be used for discussion and you can pass your information to each other, if you wish, using PM, VM or IM.

I never really got into Maplestory; it just didn't grab me when I was playing it all those years ago. =[​

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I used to love Maplestory. xD I haven't played in months. I moved onto Mabinogi.
    I get on some times to say hi to my friends though.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Ohh I was going to download it once but nah, it'd be a waste of space on my computer to be honest.

But it did look pretty fun.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Yeah, I play MapleStory occasionally, but I'm pretty embarrassed about it :3. I'm not too into it, but it is fun sometimes, though I really can't keep track of all the updates, with the PvP and everything. If you want my info, you can PM me. I play on your server, Lollypop, so there shouldn't be an issue unless you think I'm a noob :x

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Yeah, I play MapleStory occasionally, but I'm pretty embarrassed about it :3. I'm not too into it, but it is fun sometimes, though I really can't keep track of all the updates, with the PvP and everything. If you want my info, you can PM me. I play on your server, Lollypop, so there shouldn't be an issue unless you think I'm a noob :x

Never be embarrassed about playing it d: It's probably the best MMO out. (inb4WoWkids)
    I use to play, but my current computer can't handle it. So once I get a new computer, Maple Story will be my life c:

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i used to play but my old computer commited suicide and i am now using a netbook as i couldnt afford anything else atm. but once i get a good computer again i will start playing again

Years
  • Can't figure out how to use the skills i got from the 'K' button. Explain?

Love Facebook's 'MapleStory Adventures' :D

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • Man, I played that game for years... I've since quit but I had my fun on it in the past. Hermits clearly dominate everyone else (I don't care what you say about the new classes being stronger, Hermits are where it's AT)

Can't figure out how to use the skills i got from the 'K' button. Explain?

Love Facebook's 'MapleStory Adventures' :D

See the uhh, keys on the bottom right corner of the screen? Shift, insert, page up/down, etc? You can drag your skills and potions onto them. You can also open up the key configuration window somewhere near the bottom corner above Cash Shop, Trade and Menu. The same thing applies, just drag your skill/potion onto a key and click save.

If that wording was too bad you can always google it, I'm sure there'd be a video on Youtube or something.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2023
    I have a 9x bowman, but I'm pretty much biding my time until Mercedes comes outnow, and then I'm gonna play again.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Wow this game is actually, like, playable since they fixed the EXP curve. It's like being back on the ground floor of private servers but with more content and a working game.

Shame it's really showing its age now though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Wow this game is actually, like, playable since they fixed the EXP curve. It's like being back on the ground floor of private servers but with more content and a working game.

Shame it's really showing its age now though.

Yes, it looks terrible on any screen resolution above 1280x720, and you can imagine what it's like on 1600x900 for me, so I have to keep it windowed, but there are some better free to play MMORPGs out there. Plus, it's barely free-to-play now, since it's become more Cash Shop oriented now.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I was actually very active on MapleStory a few months ago, I reached a high level in a short time (without using EXP coupons, so it wasn't that high compared to people who do use them), but I got so sick and tired of all the hackers and dubbers and whatnot, and of NEXON just not doing anything about it, so I took a break untill BigBang. I know they already patched it by now, but I'm still not too thrilled to go on, even though they changed the EXP curve. But it's a nice game, I might play it again in a while.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, it looks terrible on any screen resolution above 1280x720, and you can imagine what it's like on 1600x900 for me, so I have to keep it windowed, but there are some better free to play MMORPGs out there. Plus, it's barely free-to-play now, since it's become more Cash Shop oriented now.

It looks bad on anything over 1024 x 768.

But it's less that, and more an interesting study from a sprite artists' point of view. The character sprites are pretty low-res now, but what's most noticable is how much the game's art has changed. Nexon has new artists, better artists and more money to throw at the game. For a fun time, compare one of the first areas in the game with graphics and NPCs that have not changed much, like the first Victoria Island towns, with new areas and content that have been added to the game since release. The quality of the sprite work has improved a great deal.

Back