• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mauville

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • Yo what does everyone think about Mauville's revamp? Personally I don't like that most of it is indoors; it feels restrictive. And I guess we lost that nice straightaway for egg hatching. But all the shops are cool I guess? And the Battle Food Court makes me happy~
    Spoiler:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • You can now do your egg breeding at the top floor of mauville I believe. It goes in a circle. I'm probably going to ride my mach bike while at it!

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I have mixed feelings about it. It was a bit daunting at first like Lumiose, and is taking some getting used to. I think it looks cool and has a lot of useful things in one place, which is nice, but it's too disjointed, making you pass through so many sections. It's smaller than Lumiose and yet it feels like it's cut up into twice as many pieces. I must say, though, that the fact that the Pledge move tutor guy says "amazeballs" so it's totally worth all the weirdness. The food court is a hilarious concept and also fun!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like the redesign. Let's be honest, the original Mauville was kind of plain; this time around it's been massively expanded and there's a tonne of shops and other stuff to do. And yes, we all miss the Game Corner, but frankly having the guy just give you the dolls was waaaaay easier than trying to win them.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I agree that it's an improvement on RSE!Mauville because yeah there wasn't **** there but like. I just feel like it's a weird design... doesn't quite fit with Hoenn's nature theme and doesn't go all the way to what I thought Wattson's vision of super tech life would be. And I really, really dislike that a lot of it is indoors lol.
    I'm not saying getting the dolls was ever easy but like. The way they presented the Game Corner was just so sad aw. But also like wtf is anyone going to spend money on? There aren't clothes to buy and there's a limit on Secret Base stuff. May as well have just bought all the coins and got the dolls that way right? nbd. but gambling I guess sigh

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • The lack of game corners (thanks Europe) continues to suck.

Though I don't see all that much to do in the new Mauville, so I can't quite understand the redesign, but at least they tried to make it new.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    The original design of Mauville was, like someone mentioned above, very plain and simple. At first the new design was confusing, however I am enjoying it now. Place the battle cafe is a pretty sweet addition.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    I actually really like the re-design for Mauville City! I do agree that it feels more like a mall than a city, but I digress. It's really well made, great to walk around in, fun and creative new additions and, although the original would have given us more nostalgia, I do prefer it over the old one.

Also, you don't have to worry about the "straightaway" for egg hatching, there's a nice, new one you get after beating the Delta Episode! I'd link a video I saw of it but I can't do that yet as I am relatively new to the forums.

Years
  • It was kinda cool, having an indoor city. When I first saw it, I thought it looked like an outlet mall or a shopping center more than it did a city. But I still enjoy what they did with it, really makes things more modern and goes well with today.

Years
  • There could have been a better way to navigate around Mauville than those horrible maps... it reminded me of being in a huge mall and I hate trying to walk around those things lol. But I like the design other than that. I'm also sad the Game Corner left and I guess I'm not the only one.

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • I like it more because it was the first real change in the game. I kept getting distracted when any character was talking because I noticed all the dialogue being exactly the same, for instance, so when I walked into Mauville for the first time I was pretty excited. My inner child was very upset by the lack of game corner however.

I haven't once used the Mauville map. Now, that city in X & Y... *shudders*

Years
  • I'd like it a lot more if it had a good place to hatch eggs like Lumiose, but oh well I guess. My 3DS's Circle Pad is glad for this I'm sure

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    I'd like it a lot more if it had a good place to hatch eggs like Lumiose, but oh well I guess. My 3DS's Circle Pad is glad for this I'm sure

There actually is a good place to hatch Pokémon. I really wish I could link a video of it on here so people could see it, but I have yet to make my first 15 posts. @.@

Back