• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mega Evolutions in Alola

Which would you rather they add more of in Sun/Moon?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Banning the Mega Evolutions is mostly to have a way to try out the new Pokemon, because if Megas were to be in well you will obviously get the same old teams that were used for the most part.

Years
  • So now we know Mega Evolutions are coming back. Kalos is no longer the current generation, so do you think there will be any new Megas? What Kalos Megas would you like to see?
    I would like to see Mega Greninja but I don't think they will give a Mega to it as ash -greninja is in game.I also want
    Mega trevenent,tflame,dragalge,tyrantrum,meowstic,avallugg,
    Aegislash and noivern.

Years
  • I would like a Mega evolved Alolan form! :P

While it would be cool, it wouldn't make sense because that would mean redesigning the Mega as well. All the Alola Forms so far don't have a Mega in their evolution line, which I believe is part of the criteria - a Pokemon with a Mega can't have an Alola Form and vice-versa, alongside the 1st Gen requirement as far as what Pokemon can get the Alola Form.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Aye. I do not think we will get Megas in this game. It was said that there main focus was on Z-Moves and Alolans.

I still think we may get some new Megas in next 7th Gen Game, whatever that may be. If it is Sinnoh Remakes, which I think we may get in this Gen, we will probably see that starters get Megas.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen today
    Aye. I do not think we will get Megas in this game. It was said that there main focus was on Z-Moves and Alolans.
    megas have already been confirmed for s&m.
    just not any new ones.
    also this is just a demo, not the full game

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • megas have already been confirmed for s&m.
    just not any new ones.
    also this is just a demo, not the full game

Yeah I know. However, when I said do not think we will get Megas, I meant no new ones. That was bad wording on my part.

And yeah I know. Some people act as if the whole game was leaked, but wasn't. National Dex wasn't even leaked, so there may be a good amount of old pokemon we can catch after the game.

HOWEVER, it has been confirmed that we will not get Megas until post game. And before people say they just added them in because people complained, if that was the truth, they would have removed or added a lot of things to appeal to complainers. I think it was always their intention to bring back Megas, but I think they didn't want to base the whole story around them like in the 6th Gen Games.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • It's pretty sad that we won't be getting new megas, as so many Pokemon could use them, but I hope future games give them to us, more diversity and options is always a good thing!

Back