• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Journal] Mega gives thoughts on Gaming News & Games Currently Playing

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
  • Will you be deciding between the two or just playing both??

Xenoblade has always been a longer game. Seems like a good idea to play Digimon Survive first.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Sorry. Still can't believe I'm saying stuff like this. 😱

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Just to prove I'm unbiased... Xbox has announced a joint showcase in June with Bethesda. This is essentially their E3 I'm guessing. So it looks like there will be E3 'replacements' after all.

Personally I'll be skipping this and don't plan on watching it. But I wish nothing but happiness for those who do plan on watching it to see what is announced.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I'm not a Hollow Knight fan. I'm really not. I had the first game... but dropped it right before I was going to play it because I realized the game was way too god damn hard for me. So I'm not a fan of the franchise or the games and probably never will be.

But it's hard for me to go through the situation I did with Digimon Survive and not see similarities with that situation and whatever the hell is going on with Hollow Knight Silksong. I've gotten everything I've wanted from gaming stuff at this point. Outside of FF16 I guess.

So... I just want others to be happy now at this point. I really do. You can believe me or not that's your choice and your prerogative. But I legitimately don't really need anything else this year. FF16 can come out in 2023 for all I care. All I really want... is for other people to be happy and for other people to get what they want.

So... whatever the 'stuff' I got was with Digimon Survive... take it Hollow Knight fans. Take it all. You can have it. You can have it all. I just want other people to be happy now. I honestly and legitimately do. Just... don't give up on this game. Don't do it. Look at me and my example and Digimon Survive. The game is not vaporware. The game will come out. Eventually. Don't give up on it. Because when you do... it'll show up when you least expect and you'll lose your mind (like what happened with me when Klonoa showed up in the February Nintendo Direct lol)

That's all I have to say. If you want to see a longer version of this... I uploaded a sad attempt at a motivational speed/video to my YouTube channel today about this. 😅

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • So... the end of May is quickly approaching. This next upcoming week is the final full week of May. So... more than likely... sooner rather than later... we are most likely going to get a lot more announcements of 'E3 replacement' events.

Some possibilities (as well as common sense basic logic) I can see happening... are Nintendo, Sony PlayStation, Square Enix, and maybe some other ones. It's possible though that all of Square Enix's stuff will just be in a Sony PlayStation event so there may not be one from Square Enix. Also... I don't see one happening from Capcom and Bandai Namco because they will likely just use no 'official' E3 as an excuse to do nothing (even though they really should like everyone else). It's possible Sega/Atlus will do the same thing but they really should try to give some updates on Sonic Frontiers, Persona stuff, etc. Whether they will or not... remains to be seen.

As far as what we could see... likely stuff like FF16, FF7 Remake Part 2 (rumors have been popping up recently about this), God of War Ragnarok, maybe that Silent Hill stuff will finally be shown off (the stuff that was leaked recently), BOTW2, other Zelda stuff, there are rumors of another Fire Emblem game (not the Three Houses warriors game), and maybe some Metroid stuff (Prime HD and maybe even Prime 4? Just don't get your hopes up lol)

There are also new rumors stating there could be multiple smaller Nintendo Directs that will be game specific (which I'm guessing is basically the Treehouse replacement?) Most likely candidates for this would be Splatoon 3, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and obviously Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

The Nvidia leak is looking more and more legit as time goes on. So it's very possible we even see some stuff that most didn't even fathom as possibilities. Like FF Tactics Remastered and even... FF9 Remake?! 😱

Time will tell obviously. Looking forward to it either way. i legit don't know what i'll do if ff9 remake is actually announced lol

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • For those who haven't heard already....

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...ngs-new-game-reveals-sneak-peeks-and-updates/

I'm assuming this is Sony PlayStation's E3 replacement event. Although... I hesitate to call it that in all complete honesty. I was hoping for a Showcase. Not this. Because these... aren't great. Which is putting it extremely lightly. So... I'm incredibly worried now. *sighs* 😩

Well... either way... here's what could happen/be shown here... at least what I think anyway...

God of War Ragnarok (although it does say third party. Isn't this first party? If so... then no)
    Final Fantasy XVI (PLEASE BE HERE. Hopefully with a release date as well)
    Stray (lots of stuff about it recently)
    Hollow Knight Silksong (if Stray why not this? You never know. But personally I doubt it)
    Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 (potentially at least. A teaser or something like that)
    Final Fantasy 9 Remake (me being a clown I guess lol. Nvidia leak is basically correct at this point. You don't want to leave out any possibility)

I guess Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine could pop up here too but one doesn't have a release date at all and might still be in early development and the other only has a release date of 2023. So I doubt it but it could still happen I guess.

But I obviously plan on watching. But I'm still worried... *sighs* 😟

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years

• Yeah... I'll be completely honest... THE POTENTIAL OF THIS GAME IS JUST UNREAL. IT IS. IT REALLY IS. AND I SEE IT. If you don't see it... it's not that I don't understand. I do. I really do. SONIC FANS HAVE BEEN BURNED ONE TOO MANY TIMES.

Regardless... I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm not saying I'm not worried. Because I am. Extremely. Because asking Sega to do something right... sounds like a contradictory hyperbole.

But... I have hope... though I'm not sure I should even be saying that for fear of jinxing it.

Let's just... wait and see... 😅

And before you ask... yes I loved the new Gen 9/Scarlet/Violet info as well. PROBABLY THE BEST LEGENDARIES IN A VERY LONG TIME. Game looks f-ing great as well. New pokemon are hit or miss I guess. Lechunk new meme? 😂

I'm shocked that they didn't reveal the region name or any regional variants though. I just hope that they do more info a bit more consistently. But we'll see. Just like with Sonic.

See you all for State of Play tomorrow. 😱

also if anyone cares two new vids of my thoughts on the new gen 9 info and my reaction to the sonic frontiers gameplay is up on my youtube channel

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Okay... yeah... that was probably my personal best State of Play in a very long time... potentially EVER. I ATE REAL GOOD.

Reject reality. Become CAT.

This game is GOATed already.

And of course...

I'll admit... I'm a little disappointed I have to wait another year for this. BECAUSE THIS IS JUST GOING TO BE THE GREATEST. YOSHI P IS OUR SAVIOR. THANK YOU FOR SAVING US YOSHI P.

But I have more than enough to tide me over until then lol. I guess it's fine.

Still though...

JUST GIVE THIS TO ME ALREADY.

😍

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I don't have much to say about Summer Game Fest or Xbox event.

Summer Game Fest was more like Snooze Game Fest. Nothing there I really cared about at all. I had the Xbox event on as background noise and only because I heard Hollow Knight fans waiting might finally be over.

It was... until no release date was shown so they probably went back into depression. OOF.

Nintendo Direct was supposed to reportedly be the 15th but now it's reportedly the 29th. They really do have big egos thinking they are bigger/better than everyone else and that they don't have to do something at the same time as everyone else. Which is laughable because they are. But whatever I guess.

If E3 truly does return next year... they aren't going to have a choice but to go at around the same time as everyone else. Unless they copy Sony and stop going to E3 I guess.

I guess only time will tell.

Oh and FF7 Anniversary Event/Broadcast/Stream thing this week. FF7 Remake Part 2 is possible but let's not make any assumptions.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • GOD GOOD SQUARE ENIX.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ON.

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED. SERIOUSLY. I CAN'T.

NOT ONLY THAT... BUT THERE IS AN ACTUAL REAL POSSIBILITY THAT FF16 AND THIS COMES OUT IN THE SAME GOD DAMN YEAR.

Likely? Of course not... but the simple possibility of it... is just... 😱

Oh and this got announced too

Partial remaster and partial remake. I think. I actually honestly don't know. I never got to actually play this myself. I watched a playthrough of it on YouTube SEVERAL years ago.

But you know what? Screw it. Why not? I need something to tide me over until Part 2... so yeah why not. I'll play it.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • So... one of my Discord friends has been trying their hardest to convince me to get and play the Live A Live HD-2D remake for Switch.

At the Nintendo Direct Mini (which yes I still think should have been a General despite how good it may or may not have been) it was announced that it was getting a Demo. Which is always good and helps me decide one way or another.

So I tried it out and played it last night. To be completely honest... I really liked it. A LOT. I am actually honestly shocked at how much I ended up liking it. I was beginning to think that it was the retro-ish style that made me not like Octopath Traveler as much as everyone else seems to have. But clearly that wasn't it.

Even though I didn't know what I was doing or what abilities/moves to use... it didn't seem to matter. I just did whatever and used whatever and still ended up winning. I really liked the Ninja part and running around on top of buildings and stuff. I'm bad at stealth like stuff though without a guide so I ended up killing most people in my way outside of anyone that begged for their life or women. The only problem was that I lost like 3 times. So clearly I do need a guide for this game. But it'll be fine because one will be available by the time I actually get around to playing it.

The best part was definitely the future part with the robot. I loved that little robot so much and it needs so many hugs from all the unnecessary abuse it was taking and all the kicks it took. I just want to hug it. 😢 I'm sure everyone is going to take this the wrong way... but it gave me Among Us vibes (space and all that) and especially with the way that ended. I mean I'm surprised the game didn't just go like 'THERE'S AN IMPOSTER AMONGST US' *Queue Among Us Round Start Sound* 😂 I also really liked how this part didn't really have any battling and just sort of... allowed you to explore. If there's one thing that I like to do... it's explore.

Honestly I can't really describe or explain why... but I just really loved this demo. So another recommendation has worked out and I'm sold for sure now. This is why demos are good for stuff like this and why it should be used a lot more often.

Please try the demo for yourself. You might not regret it like I did. I'm not saying everyone will like it (because obviously not everyone is going to like everything) but I am saying you should at least give it a try for yourself before just assuming that it's 'not for you' or whatever.

So another game for me to look forward to that will hopefully be better than Octopath Traveler

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Klonoa Phantasy Reverie is out.

PLEASE support this EXTREMELY UNDERRATED series and platformer that has an AMAZING story. Am I biased and is this just IMO? Sure. But it really is underrated. I really don't think anyone will regret trying this game. It's a GREAT platformer that deserves more love.

If it gets enough sales... you never know...

but it's still a pipe dream obviously

Back