• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Megaman

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    so is anybody else into the megaman series? :P

I am afraid asking for ROMs is not allowed. But discussion on the Megaman series is fine! - Captain Fabio

like i must not have worded the question right. but It's not okay to just ask for the "names" of rom hacks themselves?

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • You'd probably get a faster answer if you contacted Fabio via PM or VM.

Ask for the Megaman Series I love it. I have been playing since the mid 90s with my first game being MMX.

As for present Megaman I am not too high on it. I haven't seen anything from Legends 3 yet that really "wows" me. All they have shown thus far is Barrett in gameplay. They were supposed to have the Prototype on eShop last month and that never happened, and wouldn't be surprised if it never happens. The DS games too me were subpar, mediocre, rubbish or whatever negative connotation you wish to give them. Starforce was mah there was only few people with Star Force beings unlike when everyone had Net Navi albeit most of them were bland and not that great. I didn't like the in battle redesign where the prescriptive kind of changed from 2D to first person. Then on top of that you could only use the back row and not move up unless you had the equivalent of Area Steal and even with that you couldn't move back until it wore off. The stages seemed way to sort, and not much to do in them. IMO a horrible successor to Battle Network. I would have prefered they did something with Lan son. Or just did a completely different Battle Network series. ZX I liked, even though the plot seemed to be lacking. The forms in the first one were all great and I loved using OX. Advent OMG hated this so much. Model A was the only worth while model outside of the ones in former game. The Voice Actors were some of the worse VA I have ever heard in anything. The ending was kind of open ended leading me to believe we would see a sequel either a year or so, that did happen with cause they didn't have enough money and scrapped the series. Or cause it did such a poor job they just say enough with the ZX series. Or maybe even another reason, but either way I though ZX series was the worst by far of any series I have played. I hope they do something with the Hand Held games to rectify the mistakes they made during the DS generation. Maybe with a series during the Elf Wars.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    yeah im not too much into the current megaman stuff either I've been playing since the mid 90's. Megaman 2 was one of the first games that i ever played its what got me into gaming in general. The exe series was alright i really liked the folder customization and style/soul system but the star force series im really not a big fan of at all it idk... lol I'm really interested in the zx series though i haven't tried it yet.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • ZX is like a poor poor mans Zero series. The forms are fun to use, but to me the story line was lacking. If I remember correctly the Cross system lasted the duration of the battle whereas Souls lasted generally 3 turns. So I definitely prefer the Cross. Styles were pretty neat as well. Starforce forms were alright didn't really care for the Dragon, Lion, and Pegasus. The Zerker was my favorite of the 3 Tribe On's outside of Tribe King. The Noises were probably the funniest ones to use. Like I said with ZX series they probably could have got a series out of this one as well. They had some good characters like Solo and Ace they could have built upon along with Geo. Oh well just another DS series that didn't pan out.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    In general, Megaman seems to have been excellent in some areas and mediocre in others. I really like ZX/A and the Star Force games. It's a shame they ended up dying off, SF especially- I'd have liked to see a more satisfying story and more focus on not-Geo characters. Sonia, Solo, Ace, Pat, and Cepheus among others. There was real potential there, and it was just ignored. The changes to the setting were all rather abrupt as well- Wave Roads all in the sky one day and mingling with the surface on the next. Those satellites just disappeared last month, now we're all using different devices. OBTW, we know where your dad went. >:/ And why are all the aliens EM beings? I love it, I really do, but come on!

The post-game bonus areas were the best, though. Particularly SF3's. If only they'd made it to the surface of Planet FM... having a massive server made out of a black hole may strain your suspension of disbelief, but the fights were awesome.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • out of zx and sf i definatelly prefered zx. yeh sure the voice acting was terrible, even in the japanese one, but the powers, levels and style was overall pretty good. just because it's not as good as the zero series doesn't mean its terrible. sf kinda annoyed me. the 3d graphics during fights looked atrocious, and i swear it didn't have nearly the same number of powers as exe, maybe its just me.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I like the original Megaman games (except 8). Battle Network is fun, too. ZX Advent is ridiculously difficult (even compared to the originals) and the easy mode is way too easy. The GB Megamans are also fun, and they should all come to 3ds Virtual Console. I never really liked the Legends games, so I don't really care that it got cancelled. I absolutely HATE Star Force, it's like a watered down Battle Network (the battle system, that is). The first Star force is also way too easy, I beat it in 2 days.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I've only played the original series and X. Most of the classic games I enjoyed, and the X's games were only good to X4. Really not interested in any of the new series.

Also, Megaman Legends 3 was just canceled. Not as upset about it as some other people because I've yet to try the first two, but it's pretty disappointing nonetheless.

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I am extremely disappointed in Crapcom. Now wonder Keiji Inafune left. They have been going a horrible direct for years, and now this. If they can't produce this game then what the heck can they produce? I am kind of up in the air if they will ever make a worthwhile Megaman game ever again.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I am extremely disappointed in Crapcom. Now wonder Keiji Inafune left. They have been going a horrible direct for years, and now this. If they can't produce this game then what the heck can they produce? I am kind of up in the air if they will ever make a worthwhile Megaman game ever again.

Me and my friend think Capcom is doing this on purpose to kill the franchise, so they can devote their time to only Street Fighter and Resident Evil. Also, not surprised that it was a 3DS game that was cancelled. It seems that they want to only make crappy, lazy ports like that awful Resident Evil: Mercenaries for the 3DS, not actual games. I mean first Megaman Universe gets cancelled, now this?!?!?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Whats even more funny is they are pinning the blame on the fans according to dk_lance of Capcom Europe.

saying "unfortunately so few fans took part in the creation of the game. It felt the project was not worth while :-("

"We weren't asking people to do much but response to devroom was cool at best."

"It's a shame the fans didn't want to get more involved :-( if we saw there was an audience for MML3 people might change their minds"

I wasn't aware it was the fans job to make the game for them. You guys are professionals I think you can excerise your own judgement on how they are supposed to be. And the stuff the did ask hard minor importance to the overall game at best. Like what should Triggers design be, what should Roll design be, what should Aero design be. And they are all out of 3 choices. You had feedback now implement it. Instead of pinning the blame on the fans pin it on yourselves for not making it through with out Keiji holding your hands. I honestly shouldn't have to join a site to give my feedback just so a game can be implemented. Just do your jobs like you are paid to do and worry less about fan feedback on simplistic multiple choices questions.

Years
  • I grew up with the Battle Network series, they were the best. Recently played the Megaman Zero collection, whole lotta fun, but damn that was hard!

Also..

R.I.P Megaman
    1987-2011

He had a good run, but now stupid ol' Capcom is ready to move on. Its unfortunate, because us fans arn't, and it will be too late before Capcom realizes it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • What gets me is they didn't even release the Prototype of MML3 so how can they accurately know that fans were not satified with the product thus far. From what I here it is tedious to join Dev Room so that would detract from registrations. Most people don't want to constantly take part in something even if they are die hard fans they just want the finished product. I concur RIP Megaman cause I have lost all faith in Crapcom actually doing something worth while with the franchise.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • confirmed that megaman won't be in Ultimate MvC3. um why capcom? instead they put in firebrand and nemesis..... fail, so hard.
    if they're so stupid that they can't work without the fanbase, then why won't they freaking listen to them! megaman x was the most wanted character according to a poll on niko douga from japan, they're home country, and yet they still refuse to put an iteration of him with the 2nd version. capcom as much as i love you, you can be sooo full of crap.

Back