• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mekakucity Actors

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I don't really get why people like this series so much ;~; The characters seem pretty stereotypical and the episodes are kinda all over the place. I really felt like that info dump we got last episode should have been spread out a little more. We literally just got 20 minutes of Kido explaining stuff.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I don't really get why people like this series so much ;~; The characters seem pretty stereotypical and the episodes are kinda all over the place. I really felt like that info dump we got last episode should have been spread out a little more. We literally just got 20 minutes of Kido explaining stuff.
    Because people know the original.
    It's pretty same as Mahouka. Anime isn't good but you like it because you know the original.

Oh, and I like it because HanaKana.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Because people know the original.
    It's pretty same as Mahouka. Anime isn't good but you like it because you know the original.

Oh, and I like it because HanaKana.

Why do people like the original, though? /shrugs Just wondering what exactly people like about it - the characters / plot / idea etc. :) And I see plenty of people (on Tumblr especially) who haven't seen the original stuff but are still in love with this anime.

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Not sure on why people like the anime though. At first I watched it because the first episodes were being damn confusing. Now the episodes are pretty much everywhere.

But hey, after piecing through a lot of pieces from the original songs, the manga, the light novels and the anime, it'll probably make a lot more sense.

You won't be able to understand Kagerou Project until you have checked out every single source material (and guides for better understanding). It's kind of genius, much like K Project and all the backstories placed in other sources away from the anime.

Whoohoo spoilers for those who haven't checked out the other source materials!
    Spoiler:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Well, my theory of Ayano's Happiness Theory being next is correct. I'm thinking. That Transparent Answer will somehow be after this. Don't say I didn't warn you if it is.

Also Lost Time Memory was much sadder than it was in the anime--I still like the song and this episode. AYANO'S HAPPINESS THEORY WILL BE SAD, THOUGH. Not ready.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    SHAFT... needs to step up its sadness. Like, big time.

Today's episode had some good parts. The OP was a little quirky. :/

Candy

Years
    I was singing Ayano's Theory of Happiness in my head when I started the episode... And then the opening played. I'm still weirded out by the style. .3.

Next on the opinion. Yeah, SHAFT needs to step up the sadness. Also, so many head tilts this episode.

But hey, this week we get a cliffhanger ending. :O

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Imagination Forest is next, huh?

I wonder if Shinigami Record is Night Tales Deceive will be after this? I do truly wonder.

Not sure how to feel about Imagination Forest being an episode yet.

NEVERMIND THE LAST TWO EPISODES ARE MOON VIEWING RECITAL AND SUMMERTIME RECORD...

DAMMIT...

Last edited:

Akiba

Years
    Episodes aside, Shinigami Record is one of the most beautiful piano pieces I've ever heard.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I'm gonna go listen to all the tracks nao. o/

That aside, I got a question for you Mekaku watchers - Is this anime *deep* or 'philosophical' in any sense of the words? I'm asking because I saw one anime fan trying to justify his stance on the anime by calling it a great anime with philosophy and something that "requires brains" - implying that the ones who dropped it after 1 or a few episodes were complete morons with crap for brains. I'm no one to judge it since I've seen only one episode but I didn't think, from what I saw, that this'd be an anime with a lot of philosophy or deep stuff. So yeah, that's my question to you guys.

Candy

Years
    Imagination Forest is next, huh?

I wonder if Shinigami Record is Night Tales Deceive will be after this? I do truly wonder.

Not sure how to feel about Imagination Forest being an episode yet.

NEVERMIND THE LAST TWO EPISODES ARE MOON VIEWING RECITAL AND SUMMERTIME RECORD...

DAMMIT...

Moon Viewing Recital and Summertime Record? This gonna be good...

...actually, now I'm questioning Summertime Record.

That aside, I got a question for you Mekaku watchers - Is this anime *deep* or 'philosophical' in any sense of the words?

Well, you definitely need to go through all the materials again and again to find out what's going on in Kagerou Project. You don't know how many times I went through Lost Time Memory to actually figure out what's going on in the PV. It's definitely confusing in another way.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    But it being confusing doesn't mean that it is deep or philosophical. Confusing doesn't imply either of those. :p

Candy

Years
    But it being confusing doesn't mean that it is deep or philosophical. Confusing doesn't imply either of those. :p

True, but clearly it is not something that you could understand by only watching the anime. Most people drop out on the anime because of the confusion in the beginning. While others... just don't really like the premiere. P:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    It's not deep, it's SHAFT.

And... I agree with Jibril, you won't really understand much just from watching anime.
    And that has nothing to do with deepness. If you cannot understand it from anime itself, it isn't deep, it's just SHAFT smoking weed.

Akiba

Years
    I'm gonna go listen to all the tracks nao. o/

That aside, I got a question for you Mekaku watchers - Is this anime *deep* or 'philosophical' in any sense of the words? I'm asking because I saw one anime fan trying to justify his stance on the anime by calling it a great anime with philosophy and something that "requires brains" - implying that the ones who dropped it after 1 or a few episodes were complete morons with crap for brains. I'm no one to judge it since I've seen only one episode but I didn't think, from what I saw, that this'd be an anime with a lot of philosophy or deep stuff. So yeah, that's my question to you guys.

The anime isn't deep, sadly. I've said this countless times before, but I just don't think that SHAFT is doing a responsible job at adapting the anime from the songs and the manga.

They've gone and done Lost Time Memory, but we're still on the same timeline.

And they're skipping Outer Science, which is one of the most important songs in the series.

It's more than a bit embarrassing for fans of Kagepro like me :(

I can understand that fan too.

I guess SHAFT's adaptation is analogous to when people try to explain their brilliant ideas, but they doesn't make any sense to the person on the other end. I remember that my elementary school teachers had a lot to say about this.

Well, you definitely need to go through all the materials again and again to find out what's going on in Kagerou Project. You don't know how many times I went through Lost Time Memory to actually figure out what's going on in the PV. It's definitely confusing in another way.

Well done, my young kouhai. :)

And... I agree with Jibril, you won't really understand much just from watching anime.

Also you're apparently called Jibril now.

It's not deep, it's SHAFT.

I thought shafts were deep :o

Spoiler:

Candy

Years
    Also you're apparently called Jibril now.

I think I need to switch my theme now. xD

EDIT: Done. >)

And they're skipping Outer Science, which is one of the most important songs in the series.

The narration of the new episode says otherwise... probably.

I'm glad I woke up quite early today. New episode stuff within:

Spoiler:

Oh, and Imagination Forest is sung by a guy. :'<

Oh, and clearly I don't want to be in that never-ending world even more now that I've seen it. Goodness.

Last edited:

Akiba

Years
    I think I need to switch my theme now. xD

EDIT: Done. >)

The narration of the new episode says otherwise... probably.

I'm glad I woke up quite early today. New episode stuff within:

Spoiler:

Oh, and Imagination Forest is sung by a guy. :'<

Oh, and clearly I don't want to be in that never-ending world even more now that I've seen it. Goodness.

Yeah, today's episode was comparable to that memorable sixth episode.

I hope the last two episodes will be good, too.

And yes, I definitely hope that they'll be able to tie in Outer Science somehow :o

Back