• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Metallic Workshop Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
Years
  • Hello everyone!! Remember me? ^_~ Well, I finally got my computer, so I can start working on the Metallic Workshop I promised!!!! This will be the official thread for it. Here is an outline of the project (from my old thread. this is a tool for Gold, Silver, and Crystal):

Metallic Workshop
    When this is completed, it will be my pride and joy. The largest project I've ever given myself. By the time it is commplete, you will be able to change ANYTHING in Gold, Silver, or Crystal that you want. My ideas/scratchwork is outlined below. Please support this project by suggesting tools and commenting!

The Workshop Team
    -yomamathecableguy
    -dragonfyre173
    -melash

Features
    ROM Editing
    --Tool--
    What you will be able to change

--Trainer Editor--
    Overworld Sprite, Movement, Direction Facing, Color Palette, Their Pokemon, Their Pokemon Levels, If They Have a Phone Number (maybe), Name, What They Say (maybe)
    --Item Editor--
    Price, Effect, How Much HP etc., Which Pocket, Use Inside or Outside of Battle?, Location Analysis (with links to change)
    --Breeding Group Editor--
    Members of Each Breeding Group (make your own breeding groups!)
    --Pokemon Editor--
    Egg Moves, Weight, Height, HP Rating, Attack Rating, Defense Rating, Speed Rating, Special Attack Rating, Special Defense Rating, Type(s), Rarity Factor, Exp. Yield, Item(s) Held in Wild, Attacks Known at Level 1, Evolution Chain, Item(s) Held When Traded from RBY, Gender Ratio, Capture Rate, Steps to Hatch Egg, Max Stats (maybe), TMs/HMs, Naturally Learned Attacks, Battle Sprite (maybe, Poddish), In-Party Sprite (maybe, Poddish)
    --Miscellaneous Editor--
    Buena's Password Prizes/Costs (Crystal), Max Username Length, Pokemon in Intro Cry, Your Sprite in Intro, Pokemon Sprite in Intro, Oak Sprite in Intro, Music on Radio (maybe), Shiny Requirements (DVs required, maybe, dragonfyre17)
    --Mart Editor--
    Items Sold
    --Battle Tower Editor-- (Crystal)
    Pokemon, Trainer Names (maybe), Trainer Palettes (maybe)
    --Wild Pokemon Editor--
    What Pokemon are Found in What Location, Their Levels
    --Attack Editor--
    Effect, Base Power, Type, Hit Ratio, PP
    --Map Editor--
    (this was made by someone else - you can change tiles, events, etc.)
    --Trade Editor--
    What They Trade You, What You Trade Them
    --Leader Editor--
    Elite 4 (Pokemon, Levels, Attacks), Gym Leaders (Pokemon, Levels, Attacks), Red (Pokemon, Levels, Attacks)
    --Type Editor-- (maybe)
    Type Weaknesses, Type Advantages
    --ROM Maps--
    This isn't a ROM Hacking tool, it's more like a library of hex offsets. It will have THOUSANDS of offsets listed and decoded.
    --Hex Editor-- (melash)
    This will be an included hex editor. It may be possible that I incorporate the ROM Maps library into it somehow.. thanks Melash. ^_^

Save Game Editing (dragonfyre173) (many more tools will be added soon!)
    --Tool--
    What you will be able to change

--Your Pokemon Editor--
    Pokemon, Held Item, Attack 1, Attack 2, Attack 3, Attack 4, Original Trainer ID, Experience, EVs, DVs, PP 1, PP 2, PP 3, PP 4, Happiness, Pokerus Status, Caught Data, Level, Status, Current HP, Total HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Defense, Special Attack

Contributions Made So Far By Members (great thanks to these people!!)
    Tool --> Feature --> User
    Hex Editor --> n/a --> Melash
    Miscellaneous Editor --> Shiny Requirements --> dragonfyre173
    Pokemon Editor --> Battle Sprite --> Poddish
    Pokemon Editor --> In-Party Sprite --> Poddish
    Save Game Editing --> In General --> dragonfyre173

Beta Testers
    Tester --> What They Have Tested So Far
    dragonfyre173 --> n/a

So far there are 14 tools and 1 library planned. I hope to have far more than that. I need suggestions from you to do that, though! If you suggest a new tool, or even a new spec for one of the already planned tools, you will be greatly appreciated and you will be included in the credits section of my final product. Also, I need beta testers. Basically, I'll send you something that will be included in the Workshop from time to time, and you will need to test EVERY aspect of it and report any bugs found. (not like Caterpie lol *slaps knee*) You will be included in your own Credits section in the final product (Credits->Testing), along with a list of what you tested. Thanks everyone! This thread will be continuously updated! Be sure to post if you download one of my tools - bugs, comments, anything!

============================

That is from my old thread. I have a few things to add though. I will be making this program in bits as I go. Each bit will need to be tested by a few people. So if you would like to be in the credits, just test a BUNCH of things out for me. lol Also I need TONS of suggestions. I'll add anything else I need to to this thread in the future. Thanks everyone!!!!!

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • Thanks for posting Blubber! That tools been suggested quite a few times to me. However, I am not yet that advanced with ROM Hacking to be able to accomplish a tool like that. Hopefully I will be before this project is completed, because that would be a GREAT addition to the workshop. Thanks for your support!!

Years
  • I think that to create a Map Editor better than the Advance Map will be spectacular.
    PD: Sorry for my bad english, please, say to me what I say wrong, I'm spanish.
    PD2: I have a lot of ideas, but I don't know how to say them in english xDDDDD. If you have comprehension of spanish, I'll say them.

dubboy

Sweet im in HackFight Inc
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    Hey sounds good cant wait to try it.

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • Clasico - The map editor isn't made by me. It was made by someone else, and it will be included with my program. ^_~ I don't know much spanish, but I'm sure I could understand enough of it to know what you're talking about. :D

dubboy - Thanks for the support!! :)

I will be able to start on this soon everyone. Sorry just tons of homework. Especially from Honors Chemistry. And I've got AP Chemistry next semester. T.T I LOVE Chemistry, but I'm not very fond of the teacher. lol

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Ohh, I really cant wait for this. Technically it would be better if it was for FR/LG but still Metal Gen would be great as well.

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • CrashmanX - Thanks for the support! Who knows. If this is as successful as I want it to be, I may make one for Fr/Lg. ^_~

Late - Thanks for your support! :D Have any suggestions? ^_~

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • Not currently. Right now, this tool will only be for Gold, Silver, and Crystal Version. But, like I said, I may make a tool like this for other games in the future. ^_~

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    What language will this be programmed in?

Will it have a GUI or a command‐line interface?

What progress have you made?

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • What language will this be programmed in?
    [...]
    What progress have you made?
    Hopefully the first is C and the last is enough to make a release some time in the future (as opposed to giving up).

But I think in reality it's most likely VB.NET and not much at all.

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • lol thanks for answering the questions score_under. however, the information was somewhat incorrect :P

This will be coded in Visual Basic. I'm using VB6 to make it. It will have a very smooth GUI. I'll need some suggestions for the design, however. There won't be any command-line interface right now.. possibly in the future, however. I haven't been able to really get a start on it yet because I started school recently and am being FLOODED with homework from all the Honors and AP classes. T.T But I should be able to get a good start on it soon. Thanks for your questions! :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2015
    maybe include this?

pksv should be included, if you cant make your own, its really easy to use

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • pksv should be included, if you cant make your own, its really easy to use
    Yup, and if you want, you can use the DLL I provide with it to assist with decompiling and compiling.

The functions you'd probably like are "decompile" and "compile" (trust me, there are many more), and the functions are all CDECL:
    decompile(ascii string: filename, int: offset, int: 0) - returns the decompiled script as a string, with CRLF line endings. Use GlobalFree() on it once you're finished (usually just after you set the textbox text to it)
    compile(ascii string: filename, ascii string: script) - returns nothing of use, shows dialogs automatically.

You will need to update the DLL with your program manually, however, or check for it on load and instruct users to copy it over if they need it.

Visual Basic 6.0 uses Unicode by default, whereas my DLL uses ASCII. (I could change that, if you wanted). To convert from Unicode to ASCII (to pass arguments to my DLL's functions), you will need to use this function to change string formats to become compatible with my DLL:
    STRConv(your argument, vbFromUnicode)
    And to make the string format that my DLL returns compatible with your program, you will need to use this:
    STRConv(my function's return value, vbUnicode)
    Note that this does not work in VB.NET.

I don't know much Visual Basic, so I can't help you much there, but it would probably help if you looked up how to use the LoadLibrary (or LoadLibraryW) function with Visual Basic, to allow you to dynamically load the DLL without depending on it.

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • Hmm.. if you don't mind my asking, what exactly is PKSV? I've never actually used it. ^_^;; But if you'll allow me to use the DLL, and also provide me with a list of functions that I can use with it, I'd be MORE than happy to use it in my program if you'd allow me to. :D

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • Thanks for the suggestion Mateo ^_^ Would you mind PMing me and helping me with that? I've never really messed with graphics in ROMs before, so I'll need all the help I can get. ^_^;

Xoy

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    It woud be nice if we could change some attacks into phisical or special, for ex, shadow ball, is ghost type, so it uses physical atributtes. We could change it to special, like the 4º generation did. Is it possible? (Gengar with SPECIAL shadow ball would be so cool...)

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    It woud be nice if we could change some attacks into phisical or special, for ex, shadow ball, is ghost type, so it uses physical atributtes. We could change it to special, like the 4º generation did. Is it possible? (Gengar with SPECIAL shadow ball would be so cool...)
    Anything is possible if you put enough time into it, or modify enough ASM, so long as you work within the constraints of the hardware.

The change you are describing is complex and is not likely to be implemented by anyone for a long while, if ever. However, it is certainly not impossible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back