• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mew Coming to X, Y, OR and AS

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    The official Japanese Pokemon website has just announced that players who purchase Red, Green, Blue, or Yellow between February 27th, 2016 and February 28th, 2017 will be able to download Mew to their copies of X, Y, Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire! Mew will come at Level 5 and will only know Pound. Once you have purchased the games, Mew can be downloaded until March 31st, 2017.

source

Finally, we're going to get a 6th gen. Mew. I can't wait.

So, what are your thoughts about this?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • This is really neat news! I'm looking forward to getting my Mew--even though I already have one, another one certainly won't hurt to have~

What I find most interesting is this Exchange Ticket that was mentioned in the article, which we can apparently use to get Mew in Red, Blue, and Yellow.

Last edited:
    Years
  • is this event also going to be in the U.S.?

I'm not sure if the event is going international yet, but it's long-awaited as 4th Gen was the last time a proper Mew event existed. The other good thing is that we now actually get to obtain a Mew with the blue pentagon making it a legit 6th Gen Pokemon now.

Skillah

Pokemon Fan since 2001.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2022
    Can you use one code for all for versions ??????

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Whilst I already have a Mew, owning a sixth Gen Mew would be very welcome.

Hopefully this is an International Event and not (yet another) Japan exclusive.

If the event is indeed applying to where I live (UK) I will likely pick up a copy of Blue. If not then I likely will not.

Years
  • This news makes for a nice Christmas present! We'll be getting Mew for the first time since Emerald I think.

I don't really go overboard with legendaries but it's still cool.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I really hope it'll be an international event! I've never owned a mew before, in a main series game at least.

Years
  • I don't get why location exclusive events exist. It's not fair.

It's terrible when you know Japan is the birthplace of Pokemon and gets the logical favourtism, but it's really going overboard when you least expect it. This is why I prefer more worldwide events where everyone gets treated equally.

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2019
    I hope this event will apply to other regions too, even though I'm not sure if I'll end up buying them... also, I'm wondering if it will be possible to soft reset for good IVs on this Mew, or will it go straight to the PC like the Pokemon Bank Celebi?

Hopefully I can get a Mew one day... ><

Back