• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Mewtwo Strikes Back (MSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
    I dont think so... that's too small. What we really need right now is a good decent set of tiles for inside the castle, Dark and purple based. The main rooms we need to worry about right now would be the main lobby where the Nurse Joy leads them up the stairs, and where all the other trainers are hanging out. We'll also need side rooms with items/clones to fight later on.

We're going to be changing the way things happen in the game, you'll fight Team Rocket multiple times, instead of not knowing they're even there. We'll also need a room with a cloning machine/computer screen for it, and such.

Later we'll need more stuff like rooms and stairs to climb the tower.

We've still gotta figure out how we plan to do the evil pokeball thing where Mewtwo 'clones' the pokemon.

that should be fun :D

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    I dont think so... that's too small. What we really need right now is a good decent set of tiles for inside the castle, Dark and purple based. The main rooms we need to worry about right now would be the main lobby where the Nurse Joy leads them up the stairs, and where all the other trainers are hanging out. We'll also need side rooms with items/clones to fight later on.

We're going to be changing the way things happen in the game, you'll fight Team Rocket multiple times, instead of not knowing they're even there. We'll also need a room with a cloning machine/computer screen for it, and such.

We've still gotta figure out how we plan to do the evil pokeball thing where Mewtwo 'clones' the pokemon.

Ugh umm, I am making those now xD

Danno

Years
    We're going by both, but since it wouldnt be long enough as the script had it, we'll be adding things, too.

WHAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW:

Spriters. We need A Brock and Misty set of overworlds, styled like what they're wearing in-game.

I'm working on making temporary Clone pokemon for Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur.

We'll also need overworlds for:

Mewtwo (not based on the one already in-game, we need a taller one with walking/hovering poses)
    Mew (flying in all 4 directions)
    Gyarados (use a big OW sprite box)
    Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur (big)

***Castle tiles***

Last edited:

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    We're going by both, but since it wouldnt be long enough as the script had it, we'll be adding things, too.

WHAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW:

Spriters. We need A Brock and Misty set of overworlds, styled like what they're wearing in-game.

I'm working on making temporary Clone pokemon for Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur.

Mewtwo (not based on the one already in-game, we need a taller one with walking/hovering poses)

***Castle tiles***

ill do the ows for brock and misty like said before, im just gonna need the ones you have right now if they were edited. mew has hovering ows from emerald so check that, and id love to make the permenant clone sprites if your only making temporary ones

Danno

Years
    Well Im not sure yet if we'll be using D/P sprites for them, so right now they're only FR/LG sprites with the markings.

And no, we didnt edit Brock or Misty.

We also still need Brock's big sprite.

Mewtwo Strikes Back (MSB)

Temporary fix for the clone machine.. might stay, too.

It's the machine from the One Island pokecenter.

Last edited:

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years

It was just proof of my work Meowth. Teh Panda said I should post them.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Alert to Dan, (meowth). if you see this tonight back up the rom and upload it somewhere. if you get conficker and I do tomorrow we don't wanna lose the rom!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Todoroki said:

WHAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW:

***Castle tiles***

Why don't you use the MD Sprites for them? It's a Perfect fit.
    What am I seeing right now it's amazing.
    I can't wait to see more.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2013
    How do you get the game to work, I downloaded it but it's in a file I can't use right now! Do I need to download something else to get it to work, if so could you give me a link to the site? Thanks in advance!

I have no understanding of how to get a game like like this to work on my computer, but I couldn't pass up Mewtwo Strikes Back. When I was a kid I wished they made this movie into a game so badly I even have old drawings in my room about what I thought this game would be like into a game (I was only in the 5th grade at the time) and thought it would never be done. I just want to fulfill that childhood wish, and I've been looking for a new game to play anyways!

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    Todoroki said:
    How do you get the game to work, I downloaded it but it's in a file I can't use right now! Do I need to download something else to get it to work, if so could you give me a link to the site? Thanks in advance!

I have no understanding of how to get a game like like this to work on my computer, but I couldn't pass up Mewtwo Strikes Back. When I was a kid I wished they made this movie into a game so badly I even have old drawings in my room about what I thought this game would be like into a game (I was only in the 5th grade at the time) and thought it would never be done. I just want to fulfill that childhood wish, and I've been looking for a new game to play anyways!
    You need VisualBoyAdvance and a FireRed ROM and IPS. Find everything with Google.

Danno

Years
    Todoroki said:

Not exactly; Some MD sprites are too big.
    The Mewtwo may work though...

! AvatarKris !

! Esteemed Medical Professional !
    Years
    Todoroki said:
    Your crazy. That's completely spam and pointless.

To Meowth: What I am seeing right now is really great.

No you're krazy cause you don't know what you're talking bout !!! it's a virus infecting people on this day worldwide and of course he's assuring the hack isn't lost. You told him off when he was doing somthing good and called it spam.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Todoroki said:

Your crazy. That's completely spam and pointless.

To Meowth: What I am seeing right now is really great.

Youz know everything even though my friend has it and I am the co owner so shut your trap

Bao

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2011
    question: does the alpha end after you get charizard??

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    No you're krazy cause you don't know what you're talking bout !!! it's a virus infecting people on this day worldwide and of course he's assuring the hack isn't lost. You told him off when he was doing somthing good and called it spam.

Youz know everything even though my friend has it and I am the co owner so shut your trap.

Sorry guys. I posted this on April Fools Day. So I didn't
    actually know it is you.

(I thought Haxy was a newbie 'cause it's April Fools Day)

And yes, Panda, I should shut up. (Especially what happened in April Fools yesterday.)

I don't know a lot of things in Hacking so I own you guys a big apology.

Not exactly; Some MD sprites are too big.
    The Mewtwo may work though...

Really? My bad, then.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    xD, irts alright, I was being sarcstic you know, you are ok! No need to 'pologize. I did over react a bit even though 5 of my friends got the virus :O. I did not :D

Soooo, Ya :D. I gotta script more soon when I haz time but I have SO MUCH homework to make up since I was in Canada

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back