• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Feedback Request: Migration feedback

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
  • @Alex_Among_Foxes Oh it's no big deal at all. But I was making a comment on @Sheep profile and realized I couldn't go back and edit. You'll know when you see it.

I'll keep it in mind next time.

I'm actually having a hard time figuring out which one it is, they all look normal to me in regard to their place... Either way, Sheep's looking into it, so you might just be able to fix it on your own soon!

Years
  • The site's "Staff" button doesn't seem to be working. "The requested page could not be found."
    Edit: The site's "Privacy policy" button seems to be doing the same thing.
    Staff page should be fixed, and the Privacy Policy is already working for me. Is it still broken for you?

Is there an edit button for VM's?

I couldn't find it and ended up needing to write a second comment.
    I think this is fixed, let me know if not ^^

Years
  • That post has 218.044 characters including BBCODE. Setting this value too large or disabling it entirely may cause performance issues and is not recommended. I see you are using the
    bbcode 80 times when actually all the content is centered so only 1

bbcode is enough.

Is there any way to split the content of the first post across the other posts after then?​

On the old forum all that BB code was necessary to stylize it as I wanted it to look. Like, I had to repeat the center BB code in every spoiler or what's in the spoiler would not get centered along with the stuff outside of it.

Anyway, 120.000 characters seems a bit low to me for something like VPP with how many things there are to keep track of.
    Actually nvm 120.000. I just checked and it seems to have been lowered to 100.000 now, even worse imo. If anything I'd raise it to 140 or 150.000
    The old forum still handled that post just fine, just some slight delay when saving an edit, no more than a second or two. There were threads with hundreds of pages that had far more delay when making any short post.

I have no intention of splitting it up atm. I want to keep it in 1 place so that I can edit everything in in 1 go without forgetting anything. If I'm gonna split things up I'll end up forgetting to change stuff as it'll become too spread out for me.

What's your phone brand and model

Motorola moto g9 power. It's got Android version 11.
    It says it's the latest, but a quick google search shows they're apparently already on android 14.
    This phone isn't even 3 years old for me lol

I guess it's an issue with 'older' Android versions...

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I used a profile post to displays a list with all my script links (link at sign). Now, all links are gone =/

Years
  • Staff page should be fixed
    staff page is there but i notice the directory seems to not show anyone past ninetales and there's no option to flip to a new page if there should be one

lSSaE6W.png

Years
  • On the old forum all that BB code was necessary to stylize it as I wanted it to look. Like, I had to repeat the center BB code in every spoiler or what's in the spoiler would not get centered along with the stuff outside of it.

Anyway, 120.000 characters seems a bit low to me for something like VPP with how many things there are to keep track of.
    Actually nvm 120.000. I just checked and it seems to have been lowered to 100.000 now, even worse imo. If anything I'd raise it to 140 or 150.000
    The old forum still handled that post just fine, just some slight delay when saving an edit, no more than a second or two. There were threads with hundreds of pages that had far more delay when making any short post.

I have no intention of splitting it up atm. I want to keep it in 1 place so that I can edit everything in in 1 go without forgetting anything. If I'm gonna split things up I'll end up forgetting to change stuff as it'll become too spread out for me.

Unfortunately, as much as I really want to be able to, we just can't make the character limit too high. The massively high ceilings we used to have for character count impacted our performance quite strongly and these kinds of delays cause increased bounce rates, since people are less likely to want to visit a slower site. It's not ideal, I understand, but for us to succeed as a community (especially since forums are not as popular as they used to be, with new forms of online communities that exist on social media today) we have to optimize the website as much as we can. We're trying very hard to keep a balance since I know some people really enjoyed long posts, but there has to be a limit somewhere. :sadwick: 150k is just too much for a single post.

staff page is there but i notice the directory seems to not show anyone past ninetales and there's no option to flip to a new page if there should be one

lSSaE6W.png
    Yeah I'm aware. Looking into it!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    On the old forum all that BB code was necessary to stylize it as I wanted it to look. Like, I had to repeat the center BB code in every spoiler or what's in the spoiler would not get centered along with the stuff outside of it.

Could probably shift something you do not update regularly (or at all), such as expended VPPs, to a second (and maybe third) post. Has access to "Copy Post" as a moderator. Appears directly below the copied post, as if it was posted one second after the original. Used that trick for stats before the migration (due to too many attachments). Tested it out just now. Still functions like that. See: here. Added the second and third posts via Copy, months after the original post.

May not work as well for your setup, though. Worked well in the above thread because of splitting challenge/summoning usage from the outset. Feel free to ask if you want it, however. Do not worry about an ugly "Deleted by Devalue" spot if you dislike it. Moves it into the trashbin easily enough with no trace left behind.

(Note: Messes up any old attached images. Did that in the VBulletin version too. Copies new attachments correctly, though. Believes it works fine with img tags as well.)

admin

test
    Days
  • Rainbow Badge
  • Could probably shift something you do not update regularly (or at all), such as expended VPPs, to a second (and maybe third) post. Has access to "Copy Post" as a moderator. Appears directly below the copied post, as if it was posted one second after the original. Used that trick for stats before the migration (due to too many attachments). Tested it out just now. Still functions like that. See: here. Added the second and third posts via Copy, months after the original post.
    There is a workaround. We can change the post date so it would appear that the new posts were posted after the first post in the thread.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Can someone change the section thumbnail for scrapbox? It's confusing that it says "banned" when that's not the point of the forum.

Years
  • Does the username of a particular forum's moderator no longer appear at the head of the forum? Is there a way to see who moderates a forum without checking the full staff list?

EDIT: adding to this, the full staff list doesn't seem to show which forum each user moderates and instead just shows a single list of forum staff. Is this something that will be added?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • For the fanfiction forum (maybe roleplay too) specifically, could there be a slightly higher character limit like...120,000? 150,00? Since there are definitely some content in there that exceeds this.

Say I ever like want to edit that stuff that I posted pre transition that exceeds the limit, I won't be able to.

It's fine if you guys won't, I just think sections like that where there's a lot of writing, idk I'll manage if not though ig.

Years
  • Does the username of a particular forum's moderator no longer appear at the head of the forum? Is there a way to see who moderates a forum without checking the full staff list?

EDIT: adding to this, the full staff list doesn't seem to show which forum each user moderates and instead just shows a single list of forum staff. Is this something that will be added?
    Forum mods should be showing again now! I was looking into this and just got it working. \o/

For the fanfiction forum (maybe roleplay too) specifically, could there be a slightly higher character limit like...120,000? 150,00? Since there are definitely some content in there that exceeds this.

Say I ever like want to edit that stuff that I posted pre transition that exceeds the limit, I won't be able to.

It's fine if you guys won't, I just think sections like that where there's a lot of writing, idk I'll manage if not though ig.
    Unfortunately probably not at this time. 100k is already a very high limit and I don't think we can increase it. Frankly it shouldn't have been as high as it was on the previous site, having next to no cap for post length/image count/etc made the site perform pretty poorly and we're trying to do better this around.

Years
  • Any chance of getting a toggle for the 'Similar threads' thing at the bottom to turn it off/on ? Maybe in 'Preferences' ?

I find it rather disorientating tbh. It's extremely similar to a sub forums thread list.
    After I click post in a thread the post often goes up and out of sight (though not always) and I end up staring at the similar threads list and end up wondering if I left the thread somehow instead of posting.

Back