• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mimikyu moveset (Doubles)

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
    Years
    Hello all,

I've been trying to make a Mimikyu moveset for Sword and Shield, but I'm not sure if the mechanic I'm planning to use will work. These are it's stats I've thought of so far.

Nature: (Still choosing, I'll wait until I know all the Pokemon in the game)
    EVs: 252 HP (Definitely something in speed and a defense stat, as I said before, I'll wait until I know what I'll be facing in the games)
    Item: Sticky Barb

- Substitute
    - Pain Split
    - Infestation
    - Fling

The Mimikyu I'm trying to run is a staller, in which I would start with a Substitute, and then use Infestation to trap a Pokemon in a battle. I'd then use Fling to fling the Sticky Barb onto a Pokemon, but I'm not sure whether the Sticky Barb would actually stick onto the opposing Pokemon, and deal residual damage. Furthermore, it's there just to trap in Pokemon that might otherwise be weak to the Pokemon next to Mimikyu (I'm thinking a Reflect Type sweeper Tentacruel with Dazzling Gleam, depends if it's in the game though.) so I can get a free kill with it. Otherwise, I might need to improvise the set with something else.

Years
    Honestly, that seems really gimmicky and probably not very good. Even ignoring that we have no idea what the SwSh meta will look like, Mimikyu isn't really designed to be a stally Pokemon and you'd be better off using it as a Swords Dance sweeper. There's much more efficient ways to trap enemy Pokemon that don't waste your item or move slots.

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
    Years
    I like to try to make gimmicky competitive movesets. In the instance that I'm using a Mimikyu and Tentacruel, opponents would need to think differently if I were to change up their roles in my team. (Mimikyu a staller, and Tentacruel a sweeper) I am aware of the sweeper Mimikyu sets, e.g. Swords Dance, Z-Splash etc., and how it's Disguise gives you a free set-up move/attack first turn (or later in the battle when you need to take a hit), but I like the challenge of making Pokemon movesets that are otherwise questionable for a Pokemon to use. (Like a Z-Taunt Darkrai or something) That's why I want to run a staller Mimikyu, no one would expect it. I thankyou for your advice either way. :D

Years
    I like to try to make gimmicky competitive movesets. In the instance that I'm using a Mimikyu and Tentacruel, opponents would need to think differently if I were to change up their roles in my team. (Mimikyu a staller, and Tentacruel a sweeper) I am aware of the sweeper Mimikyu sets, e.g. Swords Dance, Z-Splash etc., and how it's Disguise gives you a free set-up move/attack first turn (or later in the battle when you need to take a hit), but I like the challenge of making Pokemon movesets that are otherwise questionable for a Pokemon to use. (Like a Z-Taunt Darkrai or something) That's why I want to run a staller Mimikyu, no one would expect it. I thankyou for your advice either way. :D

Not sure I can help you then. I really wouldn't recommend so much wasted space on your Mimikyu, but if you're set on it, best of luck.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    Curse, Substitute, Protect and Play Rough/Shadow Sneak/Shadow Claw with Leftovers is pretty gimicky. Use Curse then Sub/Protect to stall their HP loss, with leftovers restoring the HP you lose from Curse/Protect. Then go in for the kill when their HP is low with your attacking move. Shadow Sneak is probably best since it gets priority and you don't need to worry about having a strong attack since your opponent has probably got very low Hp at this point. Then you can invest the other EV's in Def/Sp. Def/HP rather than Attack or Speed.

Back