• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mirage Island

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Mirage Island is an island that can only be visited in rare circumstances. It hosts Wynaut on the tall grass, and a single Liechi Berry on the eastern part of the island. So, have you ever visited this strange island? If yes, was the visit worth it?

As for me, no, I haven't visited this island. xD Mainly because I didn't really know that the island existed until a few years ago. When I did find out about it, I wasn't really interested in it. On my current playthroughs, I might give it a tour once I encounter it.

Zaakeil

Budding Beta-Tester
    Years
  • Well, Stygian, I'll wish you the best of luck on your run-through of Emerald, but don't expect to encounter Mirage Island anytime soon. Unfortunately, there's a complex algorithm that all-in-all brings your chances of seeing Mirage Island to a microscopic 1/65,536(!) per Pokemon game day. This is 8X rarer than encountering a Shiny Pokemon and unfortunately has been actually seen (without the use of hacks) by close to no one.

If you happen to encounter Mirage Island, it is an extreme accomplishment that should not be taken lightly. Like literally, you're so lucky; you have no idea. The island itself is the only way to get that famed Liechi Berry though, so many people have hacked their way into possession of the Island solely for the Berry.

Pretty darn cool though, to say the least.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I have encountered the Mirage Island. I don't know if I used Gameshark or not, but it was pretty cool to be here. I used to go to Pacifwhateverthehell town, and talk to the old guy that said something about an island then I realized what it was.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I did actually see it once, long ago when I was a kid! I had no idea what it was, so I strange.
    I stepped into the grass, and found Wynauts. TONS of them.

I caught, what 60 of them? I also got that rare berry which is actually in my Diamond, if I'm right. I can't quite remember since this was like a really long time ago ;;

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I've never been there! I was obsessed with finding it as a child. I would try and gather as many Pokemon with different Trainer OTs as possible because isn't that how you get it? If Mirage's ID matches a Pokemon you have? I don't remember. But sadly for my poor child self, I was never able to get there. ;;

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've never been able to reach that place, either. ): Had no idea how. I did look for guides on Google, but they were all pretty confusing for me. Oh well; the place doesn't have much interesting stuff aside from a few berries, so I suppose I haven't missed out on much?

Back