• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

MrXanoq

The lazy
Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    So im in finagold terrace and i want to talk to AVARA and i keep pressing a but no response from her is that a bug ?
    Also i wanted to get my master license but i need ARIES his reffrence where can i find him?
    And when u talk to te EX-loxar gang member as a seeker/researcher she teleports u to loxars lair anyway and loxar gives u a mision like as if u are a part of his gang and when u exit ur stuck in the wall.
    And lastly where is Mt.Nocturne ? i realy want the black charizard all the npc are talking about :)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey guys, so this is kinda a disclaimer of sorts? To clear some stuff up =P

Im brand new to the 'hacking scene', this was my first hack ever and I thought I was doing okay with it but I've clearly bitten off more than I can chew.
    I guess being new is my only excuse for the game being the mess that it is, lol.

I've had several PMs/Comments about the lack of PSS/new types/new music/new moves/fairy type/titlescreen/worldmap since MoT started.
    It's as simple as; I dont know how to do all that stuff. Yes, I know MrDollSteak's patch exists, but when that came out the hack was already started and well underway and I didn't want to start all over.
    I installed Doesn'tKnowHowToPlay's PSS patch (even though I never played Gen4 and didn't really know what it was, just tried it because it was so highly requested) and manually went through every move in the game in PGE changing them to Physical/Special/Status, but apparently still nothing.
    Also it's pretty frustrating to see that bugs I KNOW I've fixed still seem to be appearing, a bug in my Lunar IPS? Me trying to fix stuff and unknowingly making it worse? Idk. Again, I don't always know what I'm doing.
    And obviously there's the unfixable stuff that still arises, like the running shoes etc that I don't have a clue about.
    The fact that there are four different storylines also means it was like making four different hacks at some points and was getting quite complex.
    Just so people know I wasn't being 'lazy' or whatever and that i really tried my best.
    I had lots of fun working on this hack and was really determined to finish it, but seeing as there's too many bugs and "glitched" things I truly don't know how to fix, and things I don't have the knowledge to implement that people can't go without there's really no point. Like, why continue with progression when I can't even fix what's already there, right?

But yeah, so this is it. I've given up - MoT is dead.

Thank you so much to everyone who's commented, I never even thought anyone would play this so the support for my little story was amazing (since thats why I wanted to make MoT in the first place) and i totally appreciate it, I've even made friends with some of you, so it's not all bad, huh? =) I hope to keep in touch with all of you! <3

I'm out! See ya.

~AvaraMoon

MrXanoq

The lazy
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    Dammit ur joking right plz dont quit where not forcing u to work on this hack 24/7 this hack is just amazing 4 diffrent ways to play its amazing ive been checking this page like evryday for over a year and the progres u made is stunning.
    Bugs happen and im sure u can fix them :)
    But anyways ur stopping thats realy sad cause i was looking foreward for the story's :s
    U have done a good job with this hack avaramoon :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    disapointing that this is getting shut down, but honestly unsurprising with all the issues.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Dammit ur joking right plz dont quit where not forcing u to work on this hack 24/7 this hack is just amazing 4 diffrent ways to play its amazing ive been checking this page like evryday for over a year and the progres u made is stunning.
    Bugs happen and im sure u can fix them :)
    But anyways ur stopping thats realy sad cause i was looking foreward for the story's :s
    U have done a good job with this hack avaramoon :D

Thanks man, and nah no joke sadly. Thanks for checking in so often! I didn't feel forced or anything, I worked on it every day because I enjoyed it and it became a hobby, now I'm just not having fun anymore and my excitement's gone so why keep at it. The whole reason I wanted to make the hack was because I have all these stories, maybe I'll just have to post to fanfiction instead =P haha

disapointing that this is getting shut down, but honestly unsurprising with all the issues.

Yes, there are issues. That is why it's cancelled. Thanks for that =/

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2023
    Well, this was my favorite hack of all time.I think its an example of what Pokemon should be.Its a masterpiece. It's a shame it's getting canceled, but I can't change your mind.If you're going to have any projects in the future - whatever they are, I'm going to follow.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2017
    Its getting cancled? Can you PM me id like to take over the hack if possible or maybe help you out some. this hack is way to good to go to waste. Please

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • If you are cancelling it do you think that you can sort of spoil the story? There are lots of loose ends that I would like to know.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Awwwwweeee dang I wanted to see it finished this sucks man I was just aboit to ask you about why the pokemon in 3.1 are the same for each area example with new bora all I get is taillow or scyther and it doesnt count hoppip for the mission so was gonna ask what pokemon count for resercher in new bora and also how to get aries refference bc I only get shadroch mission and abysol mega evo mission did those and aries leaves an can't figure out what to do after

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    Super sad to hear. :( This hack was an amazing find and even with all it's flaws it was something great and especially different. Good luck in your future activities!

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2020
    Sad to hear you are quitting from this one, would have loved to see it finished. I will keep hoping you will come back and complete this one. Even though there are some bugs I absolutely loved the game, best one I have ever played. And I think more people think like me, there are some problems but nothing is perfect. Don't let them get in your way. I'd like to thank you again for all the fun I had thanks to the game and I wish you the best.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2015
    Salty to read that you've decided to stop working on this. I've logged several hours with this hack and I really enjoyed it. I'm just sad to see it go. :'(
    Anyways, thanks for the good work and a hack that I'm sure will be remembered!

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2015
    Avara wont do this to us she knows how much we like it plus, i never even got to play V3 wahhhh. And its great Avara it has tremendous hack of the year potential, he'll you could get major Devs in here to help. So before you cancel it at least post a link to a patched version so I can finally play v3 and maybe at least release a special v3.5 with some closure on the unicorn legendary etc and maybe a special pokemon or something as a thank you.

Like this to show Avara we want her to continue !!!

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
  • Hey guys, so this is kinda a disclaimer of sorts? To clear some stuff up =P

Im brand new to the 'hacking scene', this was my first hack ever and I thought I was doing okay with it but I've clearly bitten off more than I can chew.
    I guess being new is my only excuse for the game being the mess that it is, lol.

I've had several PMs/Comments about the lack of PSS/new types/new music/new moves/fairy type/titlescreen/worldmap since MoT started.
    It's as simple as; I dont know how to do all that stuff. Yes, I know MrDollSteak's patch exists, but when that came out the hack was already started and well underway and I didn't want to start all over.
    I installed Doesn'tKnowHowToPlay's PSS patch (even though I never played Gen4 and didn't really know what it was, just tried it because it was so highly requested) and manually went through every move in the game in PGE changing them to Physical/Special/Status, but apparently still nothing.
    Also it's pretty frustrating to see that bugs I KNOW I've fixed still seem to be appearing, a bug in my Lunar IPS? Me trying to fix stuff and unknowingly making it worse? Idk. Again, I don't always know what I'm doing.
    And obviously there's the unfixable stuff that still arises, like the running shoes etc that I don't have a clue about.
    The fact that there are four different storylines also means it was like making four different hacks at some points and was getting quite complex.
    Just so people know I wasn't being 'lazy' or whatever and that i really tried my best.
    I had lots of fun working on this hack and was really determined to finish it, but seeing as there's too many bugs and "glitched" things I truly don't know how to fix, and things I don't have the knowledge to implement that people can't go without there's really no point. Like, why continue with progression when I can't even fix what's already there, right?

But yeah, so this is it. I've given up - MoT is dead.

Thank you so much to everyone who's commented, I never even thought anyone would play this so the support for my little story was amazing (since thats why I wanted to make MoT in the first place) and i totally appreciate it, I've even made friends with some of you, so it's not all bad, huh? =) I hope to keep in touch with all of you! <3

I'm out! See ya.

~AvaraMoon

ok, this is drag Cause i've seen alot of hacks with the potential of being the best ended up being Canceled or Worse Abandon o_O

But i'll Skip to the Point, MoT is a Masterpiece in Progress
    Features I have always Dream of in a Pokemon Game. I hope there a Remake of MoT One Day ;)

Years
  • Hey, Avara, can you do me a favor and let me try to finish it? Just tell me what will happen in the ending, and I can see what I can do.

Back