• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
Years
  • My reaction when I was finally able to get azoradon for the first time :"Oh my god! U look op man".
    Azoradon is officially my favorite azradon evolution.

PS: whenever beta 3 is ready for beta testing, let me know. I'm always more than happy to beta test.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    just report some bug, after scyther event in new bora when i talked to geroge after he give me a great ball and give task the game freeze

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Am guessing is the white pokemon with wings that appears sometimes randomly and am guessing he randomly appears and battles you and btw when you are going to get your first legendary in the cave avara says she gave me a master ball but she never did am guessing that's the gift from the hotel

You'll see =P Ahh right, yeah it was. You can only get the Master Ball from the Hotel receptionist if you skip the Steelix event, if you did do the Steelix event instead then I've probably checked the wrong flag or something in the script. Sorry about that!

Compared to a official Pokemon game, how far along is this game?

Also, though I just plan to wait till the last version comes out, just to know how, how do I keep saves between versions of these hacks?

Version 3 definitely won't be the final release, as there are still lots of things that will have to be done to make it more polished and less buggy.
    Currently, compared to an official Pokémon game, in terms of the storyline I'd say it's about maybe 60% finished. Version 3 will bring it up to about 75% finished and then the following release after that will contain the post-game and the end. =)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    My reaction when I was finally able to get azoradon for the first time :"Oh my god! U look op man".
    Azoradon is officially my favorite azradon evolution.

PS: whenever beta 3 is ready for beta testing, let me know. I'm always more than happy to beta test.

Azoradon is my favourite too! I think he's probably the hardest of the evolutions to obtain but even though all the evos have the same base stat total, I'd still say Azoradon is the best of the three! But hey, maybe I'm biased =P

I will do, as soon as there's testing to be done I'll let you know =)

just report some bug, after scyther event in new bora when i talked to geroge after he give me a great ball and give task the game freeze

For some reason the New Bora event just does not seem to be agreeing with me lol. I'll have a dig and see what could be causing the issue. I thought I'd well and truly fixed it this time, too! =P

For now, everyone avoid New Bora like the plague. The Eevee project too, as that also seems to be causing issues.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    finally finish the beta , great hack overall :) i enjoy the storyline , it so wonderful even with some bugs it not really bother me cause how amazing the storyline wise :D and i love the way you potray the npc character like aries and i kinda shock about Atenza in the end of beta, i cant wait to replay the game again with neutral route and bad route cause the good route storyline have been great so far
    btw, the the big cave that full fossil in cyan sea have something special event in there? are the event not implemented yet in this beta
    and if we open the cave before we met aries after legendary beast is gonna affect the storyline :( cause right now i fell guilty that someone got fired and i kinda think it because of me :(
    good luck avara with your hack :) overal is really great hack to play
    really looking forward for version 3 kinda curious what gonna happen next :D

PS : how to active police side job or you already take that out ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    finally finish the beta , great hack overall :) i enjoy the storyline , it so wonderful even with some bugs it not really bother me cause how amazing the storyline wise :D and i love the way you potray the npc character like aries and i kinda shock about Atenza in the end of beta, i cant wait to replay the game again with neutral route and bad route cause the good route storyline have been great so far
    btw, the the big cave that full fossil in cyan sea have something special event in there? are the event not implemented yet in this beta
    and if we open the cave before we met aries after legendary beast is gonna affect the storyline :( cause right now i fell guilty that someone got fired and i kinda think it because of me :(
    good luck avara with your hack :) overal is really great hack to play
    really looking forward for version 3 kinda curious what gonna happen next :D

PS : how to active police side job or you already take that out ?

Glad you're liking the character development! =) There are LOTS more twists and turns to come with the NPCs, many surprises on their way! =D

Nope there's no special event in Cretaceous Cave. It's just a place to catch some of the Fossil Pokémon in the game. The ones that aren't in there can be obtained by actual fossils at a later date. Don't feel guilty about a certain someone getting fired, it's just because their Boss is a bit of a tyrant =P

The Police side-quest is only available to players who are not a Seeker or a Criminal. It's exclusive to Researchers or just ordinary Trainers, so that people who chose to play the game this way get their own unique little things to do and don't get bored =)

Heyo, I've been following your hack for quite some time and I decided to finally play it with the new release! I decided to record myself playing it in terrible, unfunny let's play fashion. Hope you don't hate it completely!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPMaTJUiTEQ

Good work, and keep it up!

Nonsense, I love watching Let's Play's people have made! Thank you so much for featuring Mirage Of Tales on your channel. Good luck with the Nuzlocke, I'd think you're in with a challenge there =P

Good news too, I THINK *touches wood* I've finally found a way to fix the Pokedex! I had corrupted it accidentally with all the different tools I'd been using to edit it, but so far manually going through each entry seems to be working! It is still showing odd values for Pokémon Seen/Caught, but if I can at least get the entries all fixed and numbers right then it'll be an improvement!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2016
    Haha, glad you didn't hate it! I'm looking forward to it, and hopefully I don't die too much! I'm enjoying the premise of the hack so far, and can't wait to see more!

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
    Years
  • Haha, glad you didn't hate it! I'm looking forward to it, and hopefully I don't die too much! I'm enjoying the premise of the hack so far, and can't wait to see more!

Just wanted to let you know I enjoyed watching episode/part 1 of your nuzlocke and decided to sub.
    Keep it up and have fun with it xD

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Just wanted to stop in and let everyone who is playing to avoid the Eevee Project that you can take part in at the Research Lab.

The Eevee Project was originally a long side-quest I had created in which you received rewards for getting each Eeveelutiion and winning battles against Neveah to advance, but since there seems to be a major glitch with Sun Stones not working properly I am planning to re-script the entire thing for Version 3's release.

The new Eevee Project will be shorter and a lot easier to finish but there will still be distinct differences on the Eeveelutions you'll have to find, depending on your answers to the Careers Advisor in the beginning. However it will still use the same flags it used before, so if you do part of the quest in your current save then some of those flags will end up being set and the new script might not work for you properly.

Sorry for the long disclaimer, but wanted to let everyone know!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Just wanted to stop in and let everyone who is playing to avoid the Eevee Project that you can take part in at the Research Lab.

The Eevee Project was originally a long side-quest I had created in which you received rewards for getting each Eeveelutiion and winning battles against Neveah to advance, but since there seems to be a major glitch with Sun Stones not working properly I am planning to re-script the entire thing for Version 3's release.

The new Eevee Project will be shorter and a lot easier to finish but there will still be distinct differences on the Eeveelutions you'll have to find, depending on your answers to the Careers Advisor in the beginning. However it will still use the same flags it used before, so if you do part of the quest in your current save then some of those flags will end up being set and the new script might not work for you properly.

Sorry for the long disclaimer, but wanted to let everyone know!
    Can we answer the questions so, that we'll have to find the Eeveelutions that we want to find?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Can we answer the questions so, that we'll have to find the Eeveelutions that we want to find?

You'll get to obtain all of them, it's just the order that's different really. I made it so that you always find the one Neveah doesn't have until you both have them all, if that makes sense =P

-

It works like this:

As an example, if you answer YES three times or YES, NO, NO at the start, Neveah will have Vaporeon and Flareon the first time you battle her and you will have to find Jolteon.

If you answer YES, YES, NO or YES, NO, YES, Neveah will have Jolteon and Vaporeon the first time you battle her and you will have to get Flareon.

If you answer NO, NO, YES or NO, YES, NO, Neveah will have Jolteon and Flareon the first time you battle her and you will have to find Vaporeon.

If you answer NO three times or NO, YES, YES, Neveah will have Flareon and Umbreon the first time you battle her and you will have to get Leafeon.

-

It carries on and on like that until you have every Eeveelution =)

The Career Advisor interview answers you give will also affect things like your named Rival's party as you advance in the game, the Egg you can obtain in Green Eye Woods (should your first Alignment-altering event's result be "Good" if not you go to jail and get only one choice of egg), and a bunch of other stuff, but it's waaay too much for me to type up at this very moment. I'm hoping to make a detailed walkthrough soon though, as there are loads of things like this going on in the background people might not know about =P

Years
  • I'm not entirely sure why I've ignored this hack. The trainer sprites look quite good, so that's a nice first impression. I'm unsure about the fakemon -- they look slightly underdeveloped, design wise, and I feel that what you're showing aren't particularly mold-breaking. Perhaps sticking with the default 718 at your disposal would be a better option?

The mapping is the hack seems alright, but I think overall it is quite average. What is it that makes this stand out? Consider that more and I think you'll notice a greater depth of design and play that would really enhance this.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    The fakemon are quite a big part of where the story is going and I always wanted to make a fakemon hack, so although I can definitely see why most people don't like them I'm going to keep them. The fakemon sprites themselves definitely need improvement, I'm just practicing on doing trainers till I get better at pixel art so I can try and make better-looking ones!

Also I appreciate that mapping definitely isn't my strong point, it seems every time I try and improve them they just end up looking worse =P

Years
  • Not sure if I reached beta 2's end but I cannot find the SFS Base nor proceed with the game after the 3 legendary beasts event.
    Avlar Docks are now accessible to me but I don't have a PokéVisa.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Not sure if I reached beta 2's end but I cannot find the SFS Base nor proceed with the game after the 3 legendary beasts event.
    Avlar Docks are now accessible to me but I don't have a PokéVisa.

What career are you doing? The SFS base is on the far side of Bora Bridge. =)

The Pokevisa is something you'll get much later to start the post-game after you become Champion!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Hey, avaramoon. I wanted to say that I've been really enjoying the hack, especially the choice aspect. I've played all three sides because I wanted to see every outcome and it's all been great to me.

I've been going for either a neutral or evil for all of my careers since I feel I've done enough good in other games or hacks and wanted to see what it's like to deviate from that.
    On that note, I do have a question: On my criminal career, during the SFS invasion, I can't go up the stairs to the second floor. Is that the end of that one, or is that a glitch?
    Also, do the farmer side-quest (Miltank) and police side-quest affect my alignment?
    What about the Steelix/Master ball event or is that just a matter of preference?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey, avaramoon. I wanted to say that I've been really enjoying the hack, especially the choice aspect. I've played all three sides because I wanted to see every outcome and it's all been great to me.

I've been going for either a neutral or evil for all of my careers since I feel I've done enough good in other games or hacks and wanted to see what it's like to deviate from that.
    On that note, I do have a question: On my criminal career, during the SFS invasion, I can't go up the stairs to the second floor. Is that the end of that one, or is that a glitch?
    Also, do the farmer side-quest (Miltank) and police side-quest affect my alignment?
    What about the Steelix/Master ball event or is that just a matter of preference?

I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! =) Are you sure you're using the latest version in regards to the SFS stairs?

And you're right on with the Steelix/Master Ball event, purely preference. Quests like the Moor Farm and police station are 'Neutral' events so no, they won't affect your alignment =)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    can you update the threads name to beta 2 released xD

I can't, unfortunately. Thread titles are in the hands of moderators =P I asked to have it changed a while back but I'm sure they'll get around to it when they have the time =)

A relatively small update, this is what I've been working on today!

Mirage Of Tales

What do you guys think of my first draft of the male hero's backsprite? Any criticism welcome as always! This was just a test to make sure I could do it properly when I have a final set of sprite frames ready.

Back