• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hi Avaramoon, I have a problem.

During the Abyssol event in my Trainer Career, when I try to talk to the head scientist, I just get a Rare candy instead, So I can't continue the story.

Thanks for reporting, it'll be fixed for Version 3! Sorry about the inconvenience.

Your hack is looking great, avaramoon, and it looks like you've progressed enough for your thread to be moved to the Hacks Studio so just tell me if you'd like it to be moved there. :)

By the way I noticed your first post has way too much unnecessary empty space at the bottom parts and it's a little annoying to scroll all the way down to get to the download link, maybe you should fix that up a little?

Thank you! I don't think it's quite ready to be moved into the Hacks Studio because it's still quite buggy, but it's fantastic to know that it meets the requirement standard for when it is! =)

As for the unnecessary space thing, it's weird, every time I try and delete all the empty lines more appear in other places. =/ no idea how I managed that, haha.

I can't play the game, despite downloading it. What file type did you use to make the game?

You have to patch the file to a FireRed rom. =)

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    Whoaw! I might like this game, it sounds entirely new to me. The idea of the career is brilliant! Two thumbs up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2016
    Great Game.:) Love the Crime Career.>:) Also how do you get through the tanzite tunnel because i keep going in one big continuous loop?? Nevermind I figured it out. Do you perhaps have a general idea (say a month) that version 3 will be released??{:3};)

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Great Game.:) Love the Crime Career.>:) Also how do you get through the tanzite tunnel because i keep going in one big continuous loop?? Nevermind I figured it out. Do you perhaps have a general idea (say a month) that version 3 will be released??{:3};)

Glad you're enjoying it! =) I'd like to say in about five-six weeks but then again there's plenty that could go wrong between now and then lol.

Can you list all the fakemons?

For now, the only fakemon you'll have is Azradon, and its evolutions. There is another fakemon to be revealed =)

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2019
    Hey avara! Im new to the forums and i just got in this thing of rom hacking, I'm loving yours!!! I have a problem btw, i got the canal ticket from Aries(I work for the SFS), But i dont know where the aqueduct is, could you tell me? i cant find it anywhere. Maybe posting a map of every key place would be something could help a lot

EDIT: Also forgot this, in cleanwater pound there was this Kingdra but i couldn't surf into the lake because it was unsafe, after suicune came and purified the pound, Kingdra disappeared so i cant complete my only sidequest to Shadrach

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2014
    Hi, your hack is awesome. It's been a long time since I have seen a hack as origainal as yours by breaking the classical pokemon formula.

But, I'm a bit stuck right now. I refuse to see the thug with kiara at the beginning of the game and I dont know where to go after because the forest to the north is blocked and I did not see any event to know where to go.

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
    Years
  • Hey avara! Im new to the forums and i just got in this thing of rom hacking, I'm loving yours!!! I have a problem btw, i got the canal ticket from Aries(I work for the SFS), But i dont know where the aqueduct is, could you tell me? i cant find it anywhere. Maybe posting a map of every key place would be something could help a lot

EDIT: Also forgot this, in cleanwater pound there was this Kingdra but i couldn't surf into the lake because it was unsafe, after suicune came and purified the pound, Kingdra disappeared so i cant complete my only sidequest to Shadrach

In-between the water path of verlume and lethean city, there is a path that goes south.

Hi, your hack is awesome. It's been a long time since I have seen a hack as origainal as yours by breaking the classical pokemon formula.

But, I'm a bit stuck right now. I refuse to see the thug with kiara at the beginning of the game and I dont know where to go after because the forest to the north is blocked and I did not see any event to know where to go.
    In order to proceed you must have 2 pokemon in your party, talk to and battle the elderly couple. After you do that they will leave and you can progress.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2016
    Is VBA bugged, or can I just not get passed the Help section? I also cannot get it patched onto the ROM correctly, as it will not work.

Last edited:

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
    Years
  • Okay now i need CUT and im tired of exploring for a License Agent or whatever please where is it or how do i get CUT?

There are two ways to get cut:
    1: Talk to an npc located in the surf registry(its a bug)
    2: fly to havabora and surf to a small island(hint its near the cave full of ancient pokemon a.k.a troy's conserve)

Is VBA bugged, or can I just not get passed the Help section? I also cannot get it patched onto the ROM correctly, as it will not work.

What version of vba are you using? I recommend 1.7.2.
    Are you patching it onto a clean fire red 1.0 rom? Did you use lunar ips to patch it?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    HI avara :D again
    i just finish my bad route :D that just as good as good route even i kinda feel guilty in some quest ( i hand abby again to the scientist :( ) but i kind alike being evil hehehe
    just kinda wondering
    are the milk delivery , finding lost boy and selling carnivine to some one in leathean city affect the player reputation to?
    are you gonna add the fire starter in wild like the way totodile and bulbasaur in this game? if yes hope it torchic :D so we got 1st grass 2nd water and 3rd gen fire starter
    i kinda check your game with G3HS tool some of pokemon is cant learn tm like stellix cant learn dig
    Spoiler:

are you gonna add arzadon evo the ability in next version? are they new or gen 3 ability ?
    and i counter raikou in the swamp area in this route but not in good route :o are there suppose to be like this ?
    like if you bad : raikou appear in the swamp area
    if you good : suicune in clearpond area
    now i cant wait to play neutral route :D hihi
    hope you make the game guide when the beta 3 release
    wish you luck avara :)

Years
  • It is one of the best pokemon game (including the original games) i have played. But i need to know something.

1) I am currently in the gray lord estate (criminal career) but i don't know what to do there. His mansion is locked and i can't talk with the police officer or researchers from the labs.

2) The daycare system in gray's estate seems to be bugged, whenever i try to speak to the daycare guy the game freezes.

3) Is there any other place where i can raise my pokemon other than wild battles?

It is my first post in the forums so forgive me if i did any mistake.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    In-between the water path of verlume and lethean city, there is a path that goes south.

In order to proceed you must have 2 pokemon in your party, talk to and battle the elderly couple. After you do that they will leave and you can progress.

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon, the voice of the Pokéministry =P you know this game as well as I do haha!

Playing this is an interesting experience. .____.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! =)

HI avara :D again
    i just finish my bad route :D that just as good as good route even i kinda feel guilty in some quest ( i hand abby again to the scientist :( ) but i kind alike being evil hehehe
    just kinda wondering
    are the milk delivery , finding lost boy and selling carnivine to some one in leathean city affect the player reputation to?
    are you gonna add the fire starter in wild like the way totodile and bulbasaur in this game? if yes hope it torchic :D so we got 1st grass 2nd water and 3rd gen fire starter
    i kinda check your game with G3HS tool some of pokemon is cant learn tm like stellix cant learn dig
    Spoiler:

are you gonna add arzadon evo the ability in next version? are they new or gen 3 ability ?
    and i counter raikou in the swamp area in this route but not in good route :o are there suppose to be like this ?
    like if you bad : raikou appear in the swamp area
    if you good : suicune in clearpond area
    now i cant wait to play neutral route :D hihi
    hope you make the game guide when the beta 3 release
    wish you luck avara :)

Thanks! Yeah you're spot on about the legendary dogs. Although remember your Career and Alignment are different, like you can be a bad Seeker or a good criminal if you want - you don't have to go with your Career's default Alignment =) It works like this:

If your Alignment is Bad, Suicune will battle you first at the Ruins of Kala, Raikou will flee to Bengaule Swamp to clear the thunderstorm and Entei will flee to the heat cave beneath Mt. Ore.
    If your Alignment is Good, Entei will battle you first at the Ruins of Kala, Raikou will flee to Bengaule Swamp to clear the thunderstorm and Suicune will flee to Clearwater Pond to purify the polluted lake.
    If your Alignment is Neutral, Raikou will battle you first at the Ruins of Kala, Suicune will flee to Clearwater Pond to purify the water and Entei will flee to the heat cave beneath Mt. Ore.

As for the side-quests, selling the Carnivine to the boy in Lethean City Hotel will give you +1 point towards a Bad alignment, finding the little boy in Tanzite Tunnel and returning him to his sister will give you +1 point towards a Good alignment and the Moor Farm milk quest is Neutral, so it won't give you any Alignment Points at all. I'm hoping to put all this info on a website, I'm just terrible at organising haha.

It is one of the best pokemon game (including the original games) i have played. But i need to know something.

1) I am currently in the gray lord estate (criminal career) but i don't know what to do there. His mansion is locked and i can't talk with the police officer or researchers from the labs.

2) The daycare system in gray's estate seems to be bugged, whenever i try to speak to the daycare guy the game freezes.

3) Is there any other place where i can raise my pokemon other than wild battles?

It is my first post in the forums so forgive me if i did any mistake.

Go into the pub in Grey Lord Estate and get Gin. Then give the gin to the guard outside Loxar's mansion in Verlume Villas. Thank you for reporting the Day-care glitch, I hadn't heard about that before. Will try and find the problem! =) As for training, you could try the Tripoke Challenge at Clearwater Pond. I hope that helps you out a bit! If you have any more questions feel free to come back =)

Thanks cant wait for it to come out!!:):)

I'm excited as well, can't wait to see what you guys think of the new stuff! I still have tons to do, so perhaps my original estimate was ambitious =P

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    hi, i really enjoy your hack so far, but i am a bit stuck:

I have chosen the criminal career and my current task is to find the SFS Base, and i cant find it anywhere on the map.

Please give me some tips / help on how to progress

Greetings,
    Blixx

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
    Years
  • hi, i really enjoy your hack so far, but i am a bit stuck:

I have chosen the criminal career and my current task is to find the SFS Base, and i cant find it anywhere on the map.

Please give me some tips / help on how to progress

Greetings,
    Blixx

The base is hidden in the mountain before the city with the third gym. Take the path on the right between the trees before coming into the city.

Back