• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
    Pupitar learns Earthquake at level 56, and Tyranitar learns it at level 61. Maybe your Pupitar evolved at level 55?

My pupitar did evolve at level 55 as a matter of facts, I looked it up on the internet and it said pupitar learned it a level 54, but thanks for telling me, going to speed-train my T-tar another level I guess.
    Thank you <3

Last edited:
    Years
    It's not a bug.. I've probably just incorrectly remembered where I put them haha. I know of a few people who have succeeded in getting the berries in Version 2, sorry I can't remember where they are in that version, it was a really long time ago =P Is Pupitar meant to learn Earthquake? I haven't tampered with any original Pokémon's movesets with the exception of giving Arbok Poison Fang at a high level. Maybe it doesn't learn EQ in FireRed? I dunno XD

I'll find those berry trees eventually! but Pupitar learned it at lvl 56 someone told me, and T-tar at lvl 61 so that's why! :P
    Also, I believe i got the Poison Fang TM when I defeated the 7th gym leader but it's only base 55/65 power so why did you put it at a high level?

Last edited:
    Years
    can someone tell me where is eli ring

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Is it possible to leave New Bora and finish it at a later time?
    Either way, currently, after the dialogue where Gregor gives you great balls, I can't move. And if you talk to him from the tile above him, he says something along the lines of "How is the task going?"

The only "odd" thing I can of doing, is capturing a Scyther during the first part, though I can't see how this would a affect anything. Releasing said Scyther did nothing.

Edit: It turns out if you talk to him from the tile below him, the game freezes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Is it possible to leave New Bora and finish it at a later time?
    Either way, currently, after the dialogue where Gregor gives you great balls, I can't move. And if you talk to him from the tile above him, he says something along the lines of "How is the task going?"

The only "odd" thing I can of doing, is capturing a Scyther during the first part, though I can't see how this would a affect anything. Releasing said Scyther did nothing.

That bug has been reported, in several past posts and it's clearly stated in the first post too that you should avoid New Bora. Sorry for being short, but I thought I'd made it pretty clear haha =P

PLEASE, guys, make sure you read the first post properly before posting your question...

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    That bug has been reported, in several past posts and it's clearly stated in the first post too that you should avoid New Bora. Sorry for being short, but I thought I'd made it pretty clear haha =P

PLEASE, guys, make sure you read the first post properly before posting your question...

Then it's completely my mistake.

The only thing I actually have in my defense to say, is that I did read the first post, but forgot some of the finer details. >_>

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
    I'll find those berry trees eventually!

This might help.

The actually berrys that you get to pick and grow is a RSE function. Firered does not have that. You don't see the berries they are just hidden in regular bushes.

Congratulations on a 100,000 views avara!

Last edited:

BlueEon

Weavile
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    I've got a few questions:
    1.) Where do I get a Moon Stone to evolve my Nidorino? Can I evolve it in some other way?
    2.)where do I get a Xatu? I chose the crime career, so I think it's available for me, I just don't know how to get one. I have a Lv. 39 Swellow and it's one of the strongest Pokemon on my team, but it can't get a fly license.
    3.) is ELI with Loxar's gang? I saw him in the bar-restaurant thing near Lord Grey's Mansion.
    4.) How do I get a surf license?
    Please answer these questions, I need to know ASAP, thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2016
    1.) Where do I get a Moon Stone to evolve my Nidorino? Can I evolve it in some other way?
    2.)where do I get a Xatu? I chose the crime career, so I think it's available for me, I just don't know how to get one. I have a Lv. 39 Swellow and it's one of the strongest Pokemon on my team, but it can't get a fly license.
    3.) is ELI with Loxar's gang? I saw him in the bar-restaurant thing near Lord Grey's Mansion.

1)you can get moon stone in in the stone shop in ekuruba island
    2)i dont know as i choose the seeker career
    3)no he was just visiting there and talking with some friend
    4)you get surf licence in spring stream head to verlume villas then go right and enter in cave head to the other exit and you enter in spring stream
    NOTE:if you want xatu just to get fly so there is an alternate head to iron hollow and catch a skarmory

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023

1. Ekaruba Island Stone Store
    2. Have you actually tried spoken to anyone in the Crime Base? ;)
    3. No, he's not involved with anyone, he goes everything on his own =)
    4. At the Surf License Registry Office at Spring Stream (at the Lethean exit of Tanzite Tunnel)

Hope that helps! =)

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
    Years
    Why can't my swailow learn fly at the fly registry office?

Because he's not in the list; If I remembered well, only researchers can record that pokemon for fly license just like only crime career can record xatu for the same license. =)

the choices you make have a great influence on the gameplay.

Years
    This might help.

The actually berrys that you get to pick and grow is a RSE function. Firered does not have that. You don't see the berries they are just hidden in regular bushes.

Congratulations on a 100,000 views avara!

Do you perhaps know where those bushes are, I don't really feel like pressing every bush in the game just to start the breeder career, I (might) survive without that career. :P

Edit: I found the Salac berry, the berry bushes are replaced with the shrubs (the tiny circul bushes you see everywhere)
    If i'd knew how to post a printscreen, i would.. :x NOTE: I saw in an earlier post of you Avara, that you thaught you hid the Engima berry in the Sogon Gardens, so I went back and pressed every single circular shrub 10 times but It didn't give me a berry.
    I went on an 'advanture' though looking for those shrubs but all I got were 3 sitrus berries and a rawst berry. :(

1. Ekaruba Island Stone Store
    2. Have you actually tried spoken to anyone in the Crime Base? ;)
    3. No, he's not involved with anyone, he goes everything on his own =)
    4. At the Surf License Registry Office at Spring Stream (at the Lethean exit of Tanzite Tunnel)

Hope that helps! =)

about the Moon Stone question, I believe you can also get it from a trade in a Community Centre, Because I never bought any stone kind of stone on the Island (The only thing I buy are pokeballs TBH) but I still have a moon stone.
    Or maybe it was a pokeball item, not sure.. BUT i'm sure that you there is another way around buying it. :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2021
    Playing this hack, now just kind of wandering around pretty randomly.
    Took Crime Career; Researcher secondary. Had done Gray Lord's event thingy but had to leave crime HQ to deposit a pokemon now can't get back to pick up quest, the mugging one? Anyone know anything for getting back if possible?

Even with those city signs I'm still a bit lost, anyone made a map for it?
    Do think I've still got to get to Iron Hollows or something.

Plan to test the other career paths/combos as well.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Playing this hack, now just kind of wandering around pretty randomly.
    Took Crime Career; Researcher secondary. Had done Gray Lord's event thingy but had to leave crime HQ to deposit a pokemon now can't get back to pick up quest, the mugging one? Anyone know anything for getting back if possible?

Even with those city signs I'm still a bit lost, anyone made a map for it?
    Do think I've still got to get to Iron Hollows or something.

Plan to test the other career paths/combos as well.

I am aware that the game needs a world-map but since all my efforts to learn how to edit it are failing so far, there isn't much I can do.. =(

I'm a bit confused by what part it is you're saying you're stuck at, if you've completed the Grey Lord Estate event you're able to enter Loxar's mansion anytime, what do you mean by getting back? =P

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2021
    I am aware that the game needs a world-map but since all my efforts to learn how to edit it are failing so far, there isn't much I can do.. =(

I'm a bit confused by what part it is you're saying you're stuck at, if you've completed the Grey Lord Estate event you're able to enter Loxar's mansion anytime, what do you mean by getting back? =P

Getting back to Crime HQ to pick up the "Mugging" Quest… Consider placing a PC in that area perhaps?
    I get a bit lost still.

Back