• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Yur welcome xabi and me to I'm very eager to play thru it all the way bc gettin to the alst city makes me expect a lot of great story pick up as well as actiom pick up if yu actually pay attention while gettin to it yushall uunderstand why I say it looks to pick up which is gteat and thats exactly what a beta should be about great job by avara

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2014
    For the life of me, I can't find the Good Rod. I heard it's supposed to be on Ekaruba Island, but I can't find it anywhere. Someone please help me with this?

I also can't complete the Science Lab quest for Researcher. After battling my way through Scientists, the guy at the end, when spoken to, disappears, and I pick up a Rare Candy. If I move away, he reappears. This can be repeated for infinite Rare Candy. Which is tempting, considering the highest level wild pokemon I can find is level 36, whereas trainers are hitting the level 50s now. Is the Science Lab quest the only way to get the Canal Pass?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    [Actually nattyno the only way to get canal pass is as a seeker it is unobtainabale as of now for any other career I had to start a entire new game bc I got frustlratef and gave up with the resercher career x.x lol that and I felt stupid lol but mo being a seeker is the only way you can enter thru canal pass as far as the good rod is concerned I have yet to come across it and I believed I have talked to everyone however on route to ekaruba there is a small sand barge with 2 fishermen I havent tried talking to them yet tho so I shall try it an see

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2014
    [Actually nattyno the only way to get canal pass is as a seeker it is unobtainabale as of now for any other career I had to start a entire new game bc I got frustlratef and gave up with the resercher career x.x lol that and I felt stupid lol but mo being a seeker is the only way you can enter thru canal pass as far as the good rod is concerned I have yet to come across it and I believed I have talked to everyone however on route to ekaruba there is a small sand barge with 2 fishermen I havent tried talking to them yet tho so I shall try it an see

Those two fishermen are just battles, they don't give the rod.

And really, only Seeker can get the Canal Pass? Is there are second chance to be Seeker, by any chance? >.< I don't really want to take that career option, though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    No no second chance had to entirley restart my game for it lol but in all honesty the beta ends right after yu get canal pass yu learn just a little bit more about the story go thru 3 more areas an can get a new career but on other side graphics improved in my opinion and the conversation left the want for more an anticipation it needed most might say not worth restarting I think it was lol

Years
    Been playing this for a couple of days now, and I love it. This is how Pokemon should be! :D

The only thing I've noticed about this game (that I haven't seen pointed out yet), is that I can get to New Bora Island from pretty much the start of the game, as soon as I get to Sogen Gardens. Not sure if this is intentional or not, but it made a pretty good training area at the lower levels :p

Had the same thing, didn't know if it was a bug, but I too used it as a training area.
    Sadly the Bora Bora quest is corrupted, because you could also fight articuno's new trainer over there.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    You get the Good Rod in the Aqueducts which sadly you need the Canal Ticket for.

In other news, I have an update for those of you playing the Trainer career (no extra careers taken). Today I'm working on a short little contest of 1v1 battles for before the Tournament, which will only be open to Trainers and will get you the last Reference you need to enter the Championships! Like I said before, the plain Trainer and Research careers are getting a lot more work done since they seem to be the least popular and are often overshadowed by Seeker/Crime =P

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2015
    Is their any way to get the master license so far, im a seeker researcher trainer and breeder.

When's version 3 gonna come out please. I cant wait

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Is their any way to get the master license so far, im a seeker researcher trainer and breeder.

When's version 3 gonna come out please. I cant wait

You can't get the Master License in V2, it's coming in V3. And it won't be out for a long time. =P

Years
    You get the Good Rod in the Aqueducts which sadly you need the Canal Ticket for.

In other news, I have an update for those of you playing the Trainer career (no extra careers taken). Today I'm working on a short little contest of 1v1 battles for before the Tournament, which will only be open to Trainers and will get you the last Reference you need to enter the Championships! Like I said before, the plain Trainer and Research careers are getting a lot more work done since they seem to be the least popular and are often overshadowed by Seeker/Crime =P

Could you make the one v one tourney for every career type, but if you're a plain trainer you get the Reference as a 'bonus'.
    Would be fun to do some extra training b4 the championship. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2014

Like I said before, the plain Trainer and Research careers are getting a lot more work done since they seem to be the least popular and are often overshadowed by Seeker/Crime =P

Ah, thank you for the info. Guess I'll just grind out some levels until v3 is out. I only have one level 50 pokemon so far, since I've not found any wild pokemon above level 28 (except in Cretacous Cave), which is making levelling a bit of a chore as the game progresses. For now, I'm using a Scientist with a level 44 Weezing as training, from the Science Lab quest for Researcher, since he keeps reappearing every time you exit.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    You can't get the Master License in V2, it's coming in V3. And it won't be out for a long time. =P

Yu doing a great job lol I played it thru twice already havent tried criminal yrt I actually chose seeker just to get to the last city and all and I rather enjoyed seeker I think seeker would tie in really nice with trainer and resercher bc not only would as a resercher yu be able to collect data on legendaries but it would tie in with the atory of kala and be like a judgment call for trainers in post story that they dont take thr path kala took once they became champion I personally think it would be a nice touch to the concept of judgment if you were to be put in kalas shoes and have to decide whether to choose the path she toom or make her own if that makes any sense to ya lol I also have an idea surrounding aries if you would be at all interested to hear it srry not trying to like but into yur game making just trying toboffer help if ya ever need it I really dont wanna sound rude lol I will also be starting work on my first hack as well if yu were to have ideas lol but yur doing a great job with this game and I love where its going I personally think it should be a actual pokemon nintendo licensed game and ive been playing pokemon for 14 yrs lol yellow was my christmas gift when it came out this game really rivals anything pokemon has made also bc ive been playing so long this might be my opinion bc they really stopped catering to the ppl who have played it since the beginning and yur game really kinda does better then just catering to us long time players

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Could you make the one v one tourney for every career type, but if you're a plain trainer you get the Reference as a 'bonus'.
    Would be fun to do some extra training b4 the championship. :)

Not really, because the other Careers have lots of side-quests and exclusive things to do, whereas the plain Trainer career has had literally nothing like that so far and will have more need for the extra training, if that makes sense =P

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Yu doing a great job lol I played it thru twice already havent tried criminal yrt I actually chose seeker just to get to the last city and all and I rather enjoyed seeker I think seeker would tie in really nice with trainer and resercher bc not only would as a resercher yu be able to collect data on legendaries but it would tie in with the atory of kala and be like a judgment call for trainers in post story that they dont take thr path kala took once they became champion I personally think it would be a nice touch to the concept of judgment if you were to be put in kalas shoes and have to decide whether to choose the path she toom or make her own if that makes any sense to ya lol I also have an idea surrounding aries if you would be at all interested to hear it srry not trying to like but into yur game making just trying toboffer help if ya ever need it I really dont wanna sound rude lol I will also be starting work on my first hack as well if yu were to have ideas lol but yur doing a great job with this game and I love where its going I personally think it should be a actual pokemon nintendo licensed game and ive been playing pokemon for 14 yrs lol yellow was my christmas gift when it came out this game really rivals anything pokemon has made also bc ive been playing so long this might be my opinion bc they really stopped catering to the ppl who have played it since the beginning and yur game really kinda does better then just catering to us long time players

Major points to you for remembering the Kala story! I'm really glad someone caught it because it's going to be coming up again... without saying too much lol. Yeah I'm hoping to tie together the careers more for Crime/Researchers and Seeker/Researchers too. There's still a lot to be done before it's perfect, but thanks so much for the support cause it's really motivational that people want to see it complete as much as I do! =)

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2015
    View attachment 73239

WTF... I used the load state thing SO many times to get this screenshot.

Is it a legendary. I'm guessing its another elemental pokemon like Avara mentions in game, its from Mysteria isnt it ?

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Major points to you for remembering the Kala story! I'm really glad someone caught it because it's going to be coming up again... without saying too much lol. Yeah I'm hoping to tie together the careers more for Crime/Researchers and Seeker/Researchers too. There's still a lot to be done before it's perfect, but thanks so much for the support cause it's really motivational that people want to see it complete as much as I do! =)

Thank you I actually am glad to hear that bc I like that see with me I'm a legends buff I love tge legends aspect pf games that was a big big tie in for me with skyrim bc they were legenda of pwer use for right and wrong so that along with the choose yur path brought me deep into yur game I'm really ready to make my own hack which won't be long before I get to finally start although idk how to do this lol but I'll figure it out ive already got a few ideas for my own gane lol which is why I'm eager for yur final realese bc I know for a fact I will completley stop all hack making and stay glued to your game lol I know I sound like a cheesy super fan but its ll good lol btw iI like what yu did with the inicorn pokemon can't exactly remember the name but absolutely great job bc that absolutley mad me fall in love with the game to bc I noticed something idk how many others did as well but that really utilized the pokedex in a great way lol I would enjoy kicking ideas around with yu if yu ever feel the urge keep up the amazing work

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
    So many replies @.@'

Anyway, I just wanted to post to remind you that we are all rooting for you, Avara! Keep up the great work! We really appreciate all the time and effort you put into MoT! HoTD! (Hack Of The Decade)

EDIT: Hey Avara, I just noticed that the first post still has a bit of info claiming that it's on hiatus. Are you going to remove that since it's not on hiatus anymore? xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Great job Avara, please PM me i have loads of plot ideas and advice for you to put in version 3

Thank you, but I already have lots to implement for V3 as it is and adding more than what's planned would only prolong the release =P

So many replies @.@'

Anyway, I just wanted to post to remind you that we are all rooting for you, Avara! Keep up the great work! We really appreciate all the time and effort you put into MoT! HoTD! (Hack Of The Decade)

EDIT: Hey Avara, I just noticed that the first post still has a bit of info claiming that it's on hiatus. Are you going to remove that since it's not on hiatus anymore? xD

Oh yeah... I should probably change that, shouldn't I? =P

__

A few short little updates, a new Fire-type will be available early in-game available to all Careers just to broaden the variety of choice a bit. Also, the final pre-Tournament challenge for Trainers is complete, as well as the Researcher final challenge. Now onto Crime/Seeker! =P

And for those of you who are doing Researcher as well as Seeker or Criminal, your S/C career will take priority over the Researcher one in this case. =) For Trainer/Researchers, you might want to start filling that Pokedex, as you'll need 45 Pokemon to be able to challenge Herman for his Reference. =P

Last edited:
    Back