• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Miscellaneous Questions

Morlak

I am.
Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2016
    Question #1
    Based on DjTiki's idea of evolving encounters/battling.
    ▪How can we change the level of a pokemon(of a trainer,of an area)?
    More details:
    ♦Run-time
    ♦It will follow this algorithm:
    1)check the value of a variable
    2)if variable=1,change Pokémon level

Question #2
    I've been searching for a clean rombase and I can't find emerald, only fired. so,
    ▪Is there a patch or a rombase of emerald that follows the given details?
    More details:
    ♦100% no script

Question #3
    So i have and idea that a npc will give you a walkhrough-walls cheat.
    ▪Can we change the movement permission of a certain tile?
    More details:
    ♦Run-time
    ♦example: from 1(cant walkthrough) to C(can walkthrough)

Question #4
    Omni-direction moving. Hmmm
    ▪Can we make the player move out of the grid?

Question #5
    ▪Can we manipulate the movement of camera simultaneously?
    More details:
    ▪Even the player is moving, let the camera hold its position.
    ▪Or maybe, the player is moving upward but the camera moves randomly.

More to come, just can't think of a question that can help me right now.

Last edited:

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
  • How can we change the level of a pokemon(of a trainer,of an area)?
    More details:
    It will follow this algorithm:
    1)check a flag
    2)if flag=1,change Pokémon level
    Change the level of a Pokemon? You must give more detail than that.
    Do you want to change the level of a Pokemon at run-time or are you asking how to simply modify a Pokemon's level using a tool?

I've been searching for a clean rombase and I can't find emerald, only fired. so,
    Is there a clean emerald rombase? PLEASE TELL ME WHERE. THANKS
    More details:
    100% no script
    Yes, there are clean ROM bases of Emerald out there.
    However, it is against the PokeCommunity rules to post direct links or give out sources to ROM files that aren't patches.
    On a similar note, you say you want all of the ROM's scripts to be deleted. That's just contradicting your statement about wanting a 'clean ROM base'.

This doesn't help. -_-

Morlak

I am.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2016
    Change the level of a Pokemon? You must give more detail than that.
    Do you want to change the level of a Pokemon at run-time or are you asking how to simply modify a Pokemon's level using a tool?

Yes, there are clean ROM bases of Emerald out there.
    However, it is against the PokeCommunity rules to post direct links or give out sources to ROM files that aren't patches.
    On a similar note, you say you want all of the ROM's scripts to be deleted. That's just contradicting your statement about wanting a 'clean ROM base'.

This doesn't help. -_-
    Oh man,thank you for clearing that to me. I'll edit them right away.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Question #1
    Based on DjTiki's evolving encounters/battling.
    ▪How can we change the level of a pokemon(of a trainer,of an area)?
    More details:
    ♦Run-time
    ♦It will follow this algorithm:
    1)check a flag
    2)if flag=1,change Pokémon level

Since this is based twoards me, I guess I should answer this part of the question.

First off, I didn't make the algorithm for "Evolving Encounters/Battling", JPAN made it with his Hacked Engine. So don't give me any credit for it, it was simply an idea.

Second, to do this, you obviously need Fire Red Hacked Engine. When you get it, make sure to read the documentation enclosed and expand your ROM to have the algorithm inserted. Okay so implemenation:

The algorithm is on the basis of Variables, not exactly flags. The variables I use is 0x4051(Wild) and 0x4052(Trainers), as the documentation told me to. So to do this, you would just do the following, let's say we want to change something depending on what badge you have in possession, all you would do is simply put a checkflag script followed by the variable and its value, in simpler terms:

Spoiler:

That was a crappy script I made out the top of my head, but I hope you get the idea. The var will be set for ALL trainers to be one level higher, until you alter the value of it, by putting it to its default 0x0 value, which should make everything normal again. I would suggest making a habit of before every trainer battle to set the var, then set it back to its default, afterwards.

Morlak

I am.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2016
    First off, I didn't make the algorithm for "Evolving Encounters/Battling", JPAN made it with his Hacked Engine. So don't give me any credit for it, it was simply an idea.
    Yeah, it is supposed to be Based on Djtiki's idea of evolving encounters/battling . Anyway,

Second, to do this, you obviously need Fire Red Hacked Engine.
    Oh man, i just planned to use emerald, but well i think ill use FRHE then.

The algorithm is on the basis of Variables, not exactly flags.
    Yeah, another error of mine, because checkflag was in my mind when i write this down.

That was a crappy script I made out the top of my head, but I hope you get the idea. The var will be set for ALL trainers to be one level higher, until you alter the value of it, by putting it to its default 0x0 value, which should make everything normal again. I would suggest making a habit of before every trainer battle to set the var, then set it back to its default, afterwards.
    And another Yeah, i got the idea. How about we set it to a certain level? Can we do that?. Because i think whats the use of training if the one you will battle is always one level higher. I hope you get my point.

Thanks for your answers. Goodluck on your hack and the guide. Yeah

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Yeah, nters/battling . Anyway,

Oh man, i just planned to use emerald, but well i think ill use FRHE then.

Yeah, another error of mine, because checkflag was in my mind when i write this down.

[QUOTE ]That was a crappy script I made out the top of my head, but I hope you get the idea. The var will be set for ALL trainers to be one level higher, until you alter the value of it, by putting it to its default 0x0 value, which should make everything normal again. I would suggest making a habit of before every trainer battle to set the var, then set it back to its default, afterwards.

And another Yeah, i got the idea. How about we set it to a certain level? Can we do that?. Because i think whats the use of training if the one you will battle is always one level higher. I hope you get my point.

Thanks for your answers. Goodluck on your hack and the guide. Yeah[/QUOTE]

By all means, don't abadon emerald because of it. Thsre are other ways to go about this, just not an Emerald hacker, so I don't know. You are welcomed :) though, thanks for the words of encouragement.

Oh and as for setting it to a specific level everytime, I think its simply a different value you must set. Just read the documentation, and you'll know.

Morlak

I am.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2016
    Oh and as for setting it to a specific level everytime, I think its simply a different value you must set. Just read the documentation, and you'll know.
    Ok thanks, i think ill start reading then.

Back