• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mobile gaming

Years
  • What are your thoughts on mobile gaming? Are there any mobile games you play? Have you ever purchased any IAP (in-app purchases) in a title, or bought a mobile game that wasn't free?

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Can be fun, but most of the mobile games I've seen/played always have this nasty P2W scheme behind them.

I did buy Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic on my phone and even have YGO Duel Links and Old School Runescape in case im bored

and OpenTTD apparently

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Eh, I'm not big into mobile gaming. I'll play a round of sudoku between doctor's appointments, but I've never really put much time (or money) investment into a mobile game. Rollercoaster Tycoon sounds fun af tho. :o

Years
  • I just can't get into gaming on my phone, I've tried but it just never clicks for me. A 3DS is my idea of mobile gaming!

I do prefer to play chess on my phone rather than my PC though if that counts.

Cid

Years
  • What are your thoughts on mobile gaming? Are there any mobile games you play? Have you ever purchased any IAP (in-app purchases) in a title, or bought a mobile game that wasn't free?

I've grown to like it again. When I stopped playing KHUX and Magikarp Jump it freed up a lot of my time, but sometimes it's better to whip out a phone instead of a handheld in public spaces. So now I have a couple of games again, ones that I like. Just the Sonic, Final Fantasy, Pokémon, and Mario ones.

Re: paying, I briefly considered buying DQ3, but I went with buying a secondhand 3DS DQ8 instead. I also bought a D&D-style RPG whose name escapes me atm for less than a dollar on my old phone, but I haven't reinstalled it.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Fate/Grand Order is really the only game I've spent any real time and money on. I've been playing since it's English release over 2 years ago. Other than that, I've spent some time playing Azur Lane, and Granblue Fantasy, but that's pretty much it.

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum
    Years
  • Generally hate it, given how it's set up to get people to spend money. That said, I have a couple of games on my phone, Pokemon Go and Fire Emblem Heroes. I just work with in game stuff to earn items and stuff though.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • I'm ashamed to say that I spend exponentially more time on mobile games than I do on other platforms. Besides it being winter at the moment and it's super nice being able to sit with the family next to the heating, it's just wayyy more convenient being able to pop the phone besides my laptop or work and just casually play than it is trying to remain super focused on a console/PC and being tied down to your seat (especially true for multiplayer games). Inbetween FEH, FGO, E7, SW, Japanese FGO, and...Wow that's a lot of gachas, but I don't get bored!

Nekodatta

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
    Years
  • Really the only mobile game I play is Go and I will try Masters, mostly because of lack of space on my phone in favor of other apps like Anki where I spend a lot more time.

I usually spend a couple euros on the game as a token appreciation gesture. Pokemon Go and Magikarp Jump both are perfectly playable without having to pay, so I was more than happy to give a couple euros to both like I would have done with buying an app.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i'm not a huge fan i just. i'm 26 going on 80 honestly lmfaoooo i just wanna play games on consoles. the only game i play on my phone is pokemon go like that's all...idk how people will have like 38403295 game apps on their phone like wyd

Years
  • too used to console gaming to really get into the mobile gaming scene

that and I'm not really that kind of person that would stay peeled to my phone screen for that long, anyway.

Years
  • I had FGO installed ages back and tried it again recently, but couldn't get used to it. Maybe it's because of the lack of autobattle? Having to manually repeat maps for farming can become extremely exhausting, and every other gacha game I have has the feature. Apparently FGO devs said they don't have plans to add it though since they want people to actually play the game haha.... But for me (and for most) autobattle is just a convenience for when you're repeating easy enough maps and not the main way to play (except FE Heroes because I suck at that game lmao). Helps the game feel less like a chore.

Anyways, I really enjoy mobile gaming and it's my main form of gaming! Dragalia Lost is my favorite app right now that I play very often, and I also have Pokémon GO, Love Live!, BanG Dream, Fire Emblem Heroes, and Magia Record among others. My game screen looks like this atm:

Mobile gaming

Only Pokémon GO isn't listed here, it's on the first page for easy access lol.

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
    Years
  • I play a lot of dragalia and FEH a lot I would say I'm decent at FEH I lost my previous progress so I had to restart my whole game and I got the 2 free 5 stars some more 5 stars and then just yesterday got Petra and that forging bonds event its pretty easy to grind levels in forging bonds

Years
  • I play FGO, Dragalia and I've been playing Pokemon Masters a little bit. I was already falling off playing primarily console games due to work and lack of energy to sit down for hours and focus on something so having FGO (turn based so I don't need to give 100% attention) and Dragalia (has auto stuff and skip tickets for when I'm tired/busy) has been nice. Masters doesn't really have anything to do besides the daily supercourses and has no stamina so I really just play that for 10-15 minutes a day, it's honestly not very good as a result but the lack of stamina makes it feel more like a benchwarmer that I can bring out when I have a little bit of time. I've spent money on occasion, I don't really mind since the gacha aspect isn't my primary reason for playing these.

I played FEH when it started but quit when they added skill inheritance because I could see where that was leading. After a few years had passed I felt vindicated in that decision.

Years
  • Redownloaded Granblue but then realized I don't think I ever backed up my previous save data, so I deleted it again since I don't want to start over without the Love Live! collab characters I had on my account lol. Unless I did back it up and completely forgot, but I'll need to go mess around with the login system to see if I actually do have an account with Cygames..but idk. For now, Dragalia Lost is enough for me, and I've recently properly got back into Animal Crossing Pocket Camp too.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Kinda dislike mobile gaming. Don't like the games for the most part. Did get drastic and play some DS games on it, but yeah. No native games for me. Physical buttons are a necessity, touch screen just doesn't do it for me.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Mobile games are usually a no-no for me. I used to play a lot of it back in the day just so I wouldn't get bored on road trips etc., but that's pretty much it tbh

Years
  • My favorite game as of now is Knights Chronicle.

I actually played this for about a month very recently but got bored in the end and uninstalled. The characters are cute, but I couldn't find anything to do other than my dailies and leveling/evolving heroes to get more gems. :< Maybe I'll get it back, was addicted to doing dailies for a good while. What do you usually do?

Back