• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] More Let's Go games, yes or no?

Years
  • Would you be interested in seeing more games in the LGPE style? What region would you be interested in seeing? Are there any improvements you'd make to the LGPE style if we were to get another set of games in this series?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Yes and no. I liked the graphics and rideable Pokemon, but there was hardly any post-game available in LGPE. Catch combos are costly and rebattling the Elite 4 is boring. I'd like to see Let's Go of Johto, but the Let's Go games need more substance to justify the full-game price tag.

Any future remakes should have additional features, hopefully the battle frontier facilities, post game quests, or mini games like Pokeathlon / super training (I love me some Pokejobs to train my Pokemon, but it's made me lazy). I'd appreciate the Pokeradar/Underground from gen 4, Dexnav / Secret Bases from gen 3 remakes, Friend Safaris from XY, or Raid Battles from SwSh. Something. There are a lot of features to bring back. These features should not be locked to a single game...

Years
  • I wouldn't object to it. Not exactly high up on my wish list though =P

I only played through LGE once, and did not bother with the master trainers in post game.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    No. I played as far as Fuchsia city, and that's with an incredible amount of enthusiasm from the get-go as I got super back into Pokémon this year.

The aesthetics are nice, getting the original 151 with the physical/special split means my team is vastly different from FRLG, and the Megas are cool (I assume, haven't used one yet). Simplified battling system is cool given I never played the originals, which apparently suck.

But the post-game does sound non-existent and Go capture mechanics are just awful (plus being limited in your Poké Balls by the game rather than choice, particularly when Great and Ultra are super ugly, sucks). AVs are an absurd grind too - it's actually quicker and easier to EV train even before Gen VII. Oh, and the Poké Ball Plus is awful as a controller, huge disappointment.

If they were going to do it, it should be for BW as again there's an obvious limited selection to do. Could even do the thing LGPE did with Red and Blue and take elements of the B2W2 plot instead. But I really want full 3D remakes of them (not changed to open world or anything, although the nature preserve from B2W2 would make a good location to replace with a Wild Area).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • If they don't limit the Pokedex to Pokemon introduced that region + evolutions? Yes. If not, no. Taking away wild battles just doesn't do it for me.

Years
  • Let's Go Pikachu & Let's go Eevee really should have had the Orange Islands and Sevii Islands in the post game, I really hope we get Let's Go Johto games as I am up for a return trip to Johto and this time put Contests in Johto considering that the anime had Contests in Johto.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • While I thought LGPE were acceptable, I'm expecting it to be just a one off thing, and expecting all other regions to get games similar to legends, or something new entirely. That's what I think would happen and I also kinda hope it happens as well.

I really don't understand why some people think we should get Let's go games for Gen2 when there's a lot of lore that I'd like to see get expanded upon, and thus a game like Legends would be much more fitting. Most or if not all the lore of Gen1 was already covered. I personally count Let's go and Legends under the same category anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    I really enjoyed LGPE and would love to play another generation preferably the 2nd. It is really relaxing and I love the following mechanics beeing naturally carried by some Pokemon. It would be nice, if Pokemon didn't appear and disappear every grass patch.
    I don't know where the games are going in the long run, whether they only wanted to test the reception of different kinds of Pokemon games (LGPE easygoing, laid back; PLA more action oriented) or if they want to broaden their spectrum of games for a wider audience which they also seem to be doing with the android games. In the last case my hopes for another Let's go are not gone.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    Maybe, if there was something a bit more than Shiny hunting in the endgame, or something that offers more replayability.

Years
  • i get that they have their audience, so i'm indifferent to whether or not game freak makes a let's go johto or w/e. but they're not my cup of tea; i don't even play pokemon go to begin with so the let's go games aren't really for me.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Not a chance. I didn't enjoy Let's Go Pikachu at all and didn't even bother to finish it before I sold it. I would most likely skip any new Let's Go games altogether.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • HELL NO.

The game had shit controls (from what I heard anyway) and I didn't like how they pretty much turned Kanto into a LARGE ASS Safari Zone and pretty much RUINED it (IMO at least). Not only that... they didn't put any Pokemon in it other than Gen 1 and yet I didn't hear any complaints from everyone with pokemon being left out like during the Sw/Sh and S/V dramas. WTF? hypocritical much? 😐

BTW in case you couldn't already tell or if it wasn't already obvious... I didn't play the game. I refused to touch it even with an 80 foot stick. I watched a playthrough on YouTube instead.

For the next inevitable Johto remake... my suggestion is either Legends Ho-Oh/Lugia/Celebi or a HGSS remake

tigertron

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I'd be up for gen 2 as long as they give us the option of having traditional wild battles and not making captures by motion control mandatory when docked.

I really enjoyed Let's Go Pikachu despite the lack of wild battles.

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen May 19, 2023
    I don't see why not. The Let's Go titles had their flaws, but they were far more polished and thoughtful experiences than both Sword/Shield and Scarlet/Violet. Despite what some may claim to the contrary, I consider them spinoffs, and I definitely think they have a place in the franchise as a way to bridge the gap between mobile and console players, and to serve as gateway titles to newcomers or nostalgia trips to those who miss "the good old days" of earlier generations. The option to completely turn off gyro is something that is absolutely needed though, and if they were going to do Johto I would expect to see Kanto as a postgame activity and some better multiplayer integration - perhaps raid battles? - but I wouldn't be averse to seeing another Let's Go spinoff, even if they don't resonate with me on a personal level.

Back