• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] More Let's Go games, yes or no?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • No thanks. I played Let's Go once and I was extremly bored by the time I finished the game. It was just really annoying. I wanted to play the game again a few months after my original play through and I just did not and could not get through Viridian Forest because I just didn't want to go through the entire game again doing the same thing over and over.

Even with Arceus, I just got sick of throwing Poke Balls to catch wild pokemon. And sadly have no desire to play that game again either. But I am more willing to play a new Legends game than another Let's Go.

Also what others said, I had no desire to use just Kanto Pokemon, especially after it had been shoved down our throats the last two gens. If they are going to remake a game, it should include every generation before it. These two types of remakes we've gotten thus far with Let's Go and BDSP have been so annoying and bad for me personally because they can't be bother to at least add more types of pokemon and not stuck with a single gen of old pokemon. Evem BW had old pokemon, though you had to finish the game first which I don't mind.

Last edited:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • My opinion on this is NO. LG/PE were the very first pair of Pokemon games I never purchased. The 2.5D style simply did not justify a $60 purchase. On top of that, first Gen had already been remade. If they were going to remake it again, the very least they could have done was given us an ambitious fully 3D rendition of Kanto. They didn't do that. On top of that, the Gen 1 pandering was already bothering me so much, and then they release this, with only one non-G1 Pokemon available. I've had enough of Gen 1 Pokemon being shoved in my face, I couldn't stomach playing a game with only them again.

A lot of my strong feelings against LG/PE have unfortunately been matched with BD/SP. Now that I know that they're just going to cheap out on the traditional remakes, too, I just feel let down altogether. =(

XVanitasX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2023
    No. Let's Go games are the worst. Their target audience are toddlers and people who just buy anything with the Pokemon label on it. They're terrible and a waste of development time and resources.

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 26
    • He/Him/His
    • Online now
    I'm going to echo a lot of opinions here. I think Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee is somewhat boring. I don't want to rehash everything, but it's a bit TOO relaxed. I get that some people just want to relax with the experience (which is why you don't have to time input prompts to do attacks like you would in some RPGs), but it's far too easy. I got through LGPE once, but that was with a lot of hype from the Detective Pikachu movie. I'm not a fan of the catching stuff in place of wild battles, and I wish I could use the Pro controllers for Switch instead of the Joycons.

Additionally, the problem with a Yellow remake as a whole as opposed to Red & Blue remakes like FRLG is that when they hand you all three starters, it feels like half your team (or 4/6 with Pikachu) is decided for you. It's a really hard feeling to articulate, but I just feel funny not being able to choose my team in the playthrough of Yellow and Let's Go Pikachu. "Oh, you can just ignore the starters." This is kind of valid but kind of not at the same time. It's not quite to the same degree here since, as long as you don't collect the starters, you won't find yourself falling back to using them. If I ever get around to a playing LGPE again, it'll be without the starters and probably even without the partner Pikachu (since the three moves it learns are just too strong).

Side note:I really don't like that the Partner Eevee can't evolve. It's bad enough Espeon, Leafeon, etc. are unobtainable, but I can barely justify to myself the idea of keeping an Eevee who can't evolve as my starter. I get why Yellow did it for Pikachu way back when (because of the anime), but I also don't like that because Raichu is my favorite Gen I Pokémon now.

Years
  • I have only played the DEMO and I was quite happy with it. I think people should take into account two things: first, us people who have kept playing pokemon are not the main target, but rather people older people who played pokemon as children, left the series and then were interested in things like Pokemon GO, second: it's a nice way to introduce the pokemon series to a new console. Also, those games took much inspiration from pokemon yellow, a third title, so I think this is a great way to re-explore older third titles in a newer light and re-taking them into account considering they hadn't a huge part in the remakes. Actually yeah up to gen 3, they were somewhat included in the remakes, but that's another topic.

Days
  • If we are getting another Johto game at all… for me it's

Let's Go Graphics but The Gameplay style we are use to from SwSh & BDSP

Back