• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most annoying moves?

Years
    Simple. Which moves do you find the most annoying? Why?

For me, it's a tie between Double Team and Sand Attack. Both make it harder to hit the other pokemon and both are generally spammed by the opponent for about 1,473,487,297,472,346* turns before they actually decide to start attacking. Wussiest tactic ever.

*This is an exaggeration.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Poison Sting. I never carry any antidote so when its poisoned its screwed until I find the next pokecenter. If its online battling, any thing that puts you to sleep. Like my friends Darkrai with DarkVoid.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    Substitute..Screw this move, I curse the creation of such thing especially when playing online...CANT STAND IT, I GET POISNED, SAPPED AND I CANT HIT THEM DUE TO THEIR SUBSTITUTE. Then My health drains to death and their health is crystal green!!!

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    Confuse Ray or Poison sting. I always get poisoned due to Poison Sting, it only didn't happen once but that's because I had immunity.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Poison Sting at the start of the game. The opponent always seems to have 100% of poison, whilst I had like 0.1%

Random moves that you don't expect the opponent to have, like on the beach in Emerald when that Level 13 Zigzagoon whips out Surf.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I agree with Double Team. Especially in FireRed where quite a few people carried Chansey/Blissey with them, so even if I hit them, it would take even more turns to attack. And don't forget that they had Softboiled to make the battle last a good thirty minutes.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Any accuracy lowering/evasion raising move is annoying.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    any water type move because im obsessed with fire type pokemon...sooo id say water pulse or hyrdo pump.

but any confusion or poison attack is freakin annoying

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    Confuse Ray and Double Team are the two major ones. Any other status-inducing moves with 100% accuracy are annoying too if used by the opponent, especially Spore (in competitive battling).

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Swagger, when you're using a special attacking pokemon. -_-

Sevrah

Sevrah Lux
    Years
    Either rest or metronome.

"Oh hey, a level 12 clefairy appeared"

"Run"

"Can't get away"

"Clefairy used metronome"

(Hmm I wonder what'll happen next..)

OMG HYPER BEAM!

___

Nuff said.

-Sevrah

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    If I'm using them, any moves that have 70-75 accuracy, like Thunder and Dragon Rush. I also find Double Team, Toxic and Confuse Ray annoying.

Years
    Attract takes the cake for me.

Runner-ups: Close Combat and Stone Edge. Both very powerful moves, and often good to have, but it seems like every decent trainer in the game, both NPC and flesh-and-blood, has one or two Pokemon with these moves. They can kill you in one hit out of nowhere, no problem. Is it possible for attacks to be "uber"?

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Double team, sand attack, hypnosis, thunder wave, fake out.
    Yes, they are pretty annoying aren't they.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Poison Sting. I never carry any antidote so when its poisoned its screwed until I find the next pokecenter. If its online battling, any thing that puts you to sleep. Like my friends Darkrai with DarkVoid.

wait until you get into the big leagues of opponets using the move Toxic on you

Anyways I find moves that induces confusion is the worst move for me.

:t354:TG

Back