• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Difficult Pokemon to use?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What do you think, in your opinion, is one of the most difficult Pokemon to use in battle? It can be from personal experience, or stat wise, that's up to your interpretation.

I honestly found Sunflora annoyingly difficult to use when I attempted using one one time in Pokemon Diamond...(?). I've seen people do solo Sunkern runs before, but man, nope I could never, god. Sunflora has awful stats. I was never really able to use it in any battles because of how weak it is.

Years
  • Cosmog hands down. It's one of only two Pokemon that can't learn a move that can deal damage, the other being its evolution Cosmoem, who at least can work as something to take a few hits with as it at least has the defenses to take more than a single hit. Not sure if it counts, but in my mind, nothing can hold a candle to its uselessness.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    For some non-legendary examples,
    I think Wynaut+Wobbufett and Pyukumuku are pretty difficult since they can't damage directly without some knowledge of what kinds of moves your opponent is going to use. I think they're slightly easier to use against bosses since they tend to have movesets that lean towards Special or Physical making them easier to predict.

You also have Shedinja, though its more annoying than difficult; it can at least deal some reasonable amounts of damage. Just having to revive it frequently is tiresome.

In a more general sense, pre-evolved pokemon require a bit of strategy to use against some of the more powerful opponents, so they're probably the most difficult pokemon to use.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • The correct answer's that overlevelled Charizard your friend traded you early on, damn thing never listens :P

Jokes aside, it's probably Magikarp for me. You have to slowly train it up by switching in and back out until it learns Tackle, and then you have to deal with a ticklish fish (that's quite fast, admittedly). At least you only have a few more levels until it becomes a far more useful Gyarados.

Last edited:

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • In my experience it's Slakoth.

It can only attack every odd turn, so that makes getting exp hard. But on top of that, it takes so much time to evolve and it's just a slog.
    Once it evolves it gets much better, but before then it just hurts.

Years
  • From personal experience I will say Wobbuffet. I tried using one on my second playthrough of Y and I gave up very quickly, it was such a pain to try and effectively use this Pokemon.

Sirfetch’d

I'd say Wobbuffet as well due to it completely relying on prediction to work effectively as well as needed to be bulky enough just to survive hits and retaliate back. It certainly is fun to use but is not easy.

Years
  • Pyukumuku is the best Pokémon for Ultra Necrozma.

I think I'll also go with Slakoth. Especially trying to do No Faint Solo with it was painful and I put it down after 1st Gym.

Darkpoké0011

User of the Dark-Type
    Years
  • Unown, anyone? Even if you find one with an effective Hidden Power type for one gym for example, that's the ONLY move it can learn and will be next to useless unless it's HP does have a type advantage. At least there's 28 of them to choose from 🙄

Years
  • Ditto is probably one of the hardest Pokemon to use. Everything your Ditto can do depends on your opponent's Pokemon- moveset, typing, etc. is all locked to the first Pokemon it sees in battle.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I have failed every Togekiss I've attempted to use. :c

The Bellossom boi

I think Wobbufeet will be very hard to use, due to prediction needed to use Counter or Mirror Coat.

Years
  • it is the most difficult thing for me to use more defensive oriented pokemon because it's not really a playstyle that im accustomed to. so while it isnt any pokemon in particular that comes to mind, i can imagine that any pokemon that's more defensive than offensive i would find myself having trouble using.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Probably Wobuffet. I doubt I'd have the same level of patience as Wobuffet itself has to ever consider trying to use one in a regular plathrough. Same goes for Wynaut of course

I'd also probably struggle to do well in a playthrough if I had a Dunsparce on my team. Stats are just far too low for a Pokémon that doesn't evolve.

Years
    • Online now
    I've used Slaking three times, and Slakoth was a complete pain before gen 6 exp share.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I did an all bug team once and one of my choices was Ledian. I had to drag that thing through so many battles. Talk about good design wasted on something pretty unusable.

Back