• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most loved and hated nintendo characters

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Okay here's mine: I did top 10 faves and hated, you can make your own, just remember to say why you like/hate them.

Top 10 favorites, the coolest, bravest, nicest, and funniest there are.

10-Pit. (Kid Icarus) Most loved and hated nintendo characters
    Okay well when I first picked up SSBB I was wondering who this guy was.Well all his battle cries and awesome golden bow skills had me drooling in anticipation for his comeback on 3ds, pit has a special place in my heart.

9. Panther Caroso (star fox)
    My all time favorite member of star wolf, classy, cool, and an all-around Badass, Panther ftw!

8-Bowser Jr. (Mario)

Now many of you may hate him because he is bratty and immature but I just like his design and always find myself using him in Mario Kart and Sluggers, idrk why, but I like the guy...er kid.

7-Sothe (Fire Emblem)

Sothe is mad cool, passionate and just plain awesome. He was my favorite character in FERD Sothe and I spammed the kard back in the day, good times, good times.

6-Eusine (Pokemon)

I know what your thinking "That damn guy running around looking for suicune" Well actually he's cool, intelligent, and awesome in the anime, I think he should have been the Pokemon Crystal Champion.

5-Luigi (Mario)
    The Green Tornado!!!!

Luigi is my favorite brother, because he is less recognized and a bit zanier than the infamous mario, green is also my fav color :P

4-Rawk Hawk (Paper Mario)

Probably one of the more obscure choices, but he is a true champ, with a totally BA soundtrack and an awesome design.

3-Disco Kid (Punch-Out)

He is funny, flashy, and stylin! It's disco kid, I really wish I could play as him, as he is my fav punch out character, but alas I cannot, I like how it shows him getting hit.

2-Cipher Admin Eldes (XD)Most loved and hated nintendo characters
    Well I love the Pokemon series, but he is my true fav trainer, he is cool, calm, and a very deep thinker, I love the way he acts and battles. Eldes is the best.

1-MUNCHLAX (POKEYMANZ)

'nuff said. Munchlax FTW.

TOP 10 WORST
    The most annoying, evil, and stupid characters ever made by nintendo.

10-Navi (Legend of Zelda)

"Hey, LISTEN"
    "Hey, Shut up!
    The fact that her voice is annoying just adds to my hate for her and the fact that she NEVER SHUTS UP!

9-Drowzee (Pokemon)

Definetly the fugliest and creepiest pokemon ever made, it gives me nightmares. God must hate me cuz its the only Shiny I have ever found.

8-Everyone of the stupid Kremlings (Donkey Kong)
    s

Okay I might not be in position to vote them since I have never played DKC, but from they're annoying laughs and just their looks in general in barrel blast, I hate them

7-Bald Bull (Punch-Out)

The most flavorless, boring character in Punch-Out, lame moves, but somehow annoying to defeat.

6-Gary Freaking Oak/Blue
    Okay well other than the fact that he picks the starter to beat you, then becomes champion, he spouts off the most annoying line in video game history. Anyone want to take a guess? Oh I'll show you anyways...

5-Waluigi (Mario)
    Okay well Wario was actually a pretty good idea, but Waluigi...a horrible one. He's just an ugly filler and doesn't deserve to be a character.

4-Slippy Toad (Star Fox)

The whiniest Voice. The worst pilot. If he dies one more time, I may kill him myself. I hatchu Slippy Toad

3-Okay I'm not sure if this is really a character...but "Savannah the Zebra" from animal crossing.
    SHE IS WIERD. SHE IS ANNOYING. SHE IS UGLY. SHE IS STUPID. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, SHE WON'T GET THE HELL OUT OF MY TOWN!
    Its not even funny how many pitfall seeds I have planted outside her house. Some of my fav characters like Lobo decide to leave, but Savvannah, nOOOOO she wants to stay in my town forever.

2-Let's see who else do I hate. I know I have included tons of Pokemon Characters, but here's one that deserves the number two spot. "Its like My Rattata is the top percentage!"
    YOUNGSTER. JOEY.

Now HG/SS is my favorite pokemon game ever, it is near perfect. I SAID NEAR.I swear this kid has unlimited calling, he calls me everythree second to tell me that his rattata is in the top percentage and is horribly weak everytime I fight him, so I don't get a good battle (all he uses is Top Percentage Rattata). I really could give a crap what percentage his rattata is in, if he calls me again it will be in the dead percentage.

1. Kaepora Freaking Gaebora (Legend of Zelda)

Maybe you don't know who he is. Maybe THIS will jog your memories.

What about this?

*acidentally presses A and hears entire speech. AGAIN*

I rest my case. The most lame, annoying, and pointless character ever made by nintendo. Kaepora Gaebora. I hate you with a fiery passion. KG

Last edited:

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years

Enough horrible memes aside, I never found Navi that annoying. I always thought you people were blowing that out of proportion. ._.

Also, Weegee is the greatest thing.

EVAR.

Period.

FEAR HIM.

SRSLY, Luigi is my favourite video game character, simply because there's just something about second bananas I like. n_n

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Hmm ok...its late on my end so I will do just one, maybe three, in both catergories kay :3.

Most Loved

Samus Aran - she is a mile apart from the damsels in distress. She doesn't need anyone to rescue her as she is one kickass, and smexy, female character.

Metaknight- I dislike him in Brawl but I love his character overall. Mysterious and strong.

Luigi- he is just to hilarious xD. I would choose him anyday over Mario.

Most Hated

Well I actually don't have a nintendo character that can fill this spot...or really any game character actually. Oh and sorry I'm to lazy to find pictures >:D.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    This is really a hard choice.

Favourite is prolly Kirby. What's not to love about a Pink Blob that can only say Poyo and eats lots of stuff. Also has great metabolism.

Least favourite would probably have to be something like something bad, like Vector the Crocodile. There isn't really any Nintendo characters that I hate.

Kremlings are just plain awesome. I love the sound they make when you jump on them, and they're really needed in any Donkey Kong game. Donkey Kong without Kremlings, is like Mario without any Goombas or Koopa Troopas.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    @eternalnightmare I like meta as well, he would be in the top 20 of mine
    @alternative, Vector is sega

Years
    I think Koopa the quick, the character you race in Super Mario 64, is the most awesome Nintendo character ever despite how he cheats and takes a shortcut. You can read about him here https://www.mariowiki.com/Koopa_the_Quick.

I would say the worst has to be funky kong. Its the only character people use in Mk wii and makes those stupid noises when he wins. I don't like him in donkey kong county and I don't like him in mario kart.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Top Loved:

1. Zero (Megaman X and above)
    Spoiler:

I like him in all his forms... except .exe, which I almost forgot is considered a Megaman game for some unknown reason. Calling anyone else Zero would be an unworthy title, as far as I'm concerned.

2. Ashe (Megaman ZX Advent)
    Spoiler:

Ashe is a fifteen year old human. She has so many robotic parts that she is part of a breed of humans society has deemed no longer fit to be called humans, calling them "humanoids" instead. Ashe is the chosen one for Model A, has one of the most powerful charge shots in any Megaman game ever, and says some of the darnest things. After roleplaying Ashe for a considerable ammount of time, I've grown attached to this character, an attachment that closely rivals my like for Zero.

3. Mario (Seriously?)
    Spoiler:

Mario is freakin' Mario. The only way to be more well known than this guy is to be widely hated. I especially love his racing games and his RPG games. Paper Mario is an RPG I can actually enjoy in a world of RPGs that just bore and annoy me.

4. Giygas (Earthbound Zero / Earthbound [Known in Japan as Mother 1 and Mother 2])
    Spoiler:

Giygas is the most disturbing thing to ever appear on a Nintendo game. I love Giygas for being so insanely epic. You just can't comprehend the true epicness of Giygas's Giygas.

5. Princess Peach (Mario)
    Spoiler:

<Insert laughing to death here>

Honorable Mention: Count Bleck (Super Paper Mario)
    Awesome Character stuck in not quite so awesome game.

Top Hated:

1. The Biometals (Megaman ZX)
    Spoiler:

...*Fangirl tear* Screw you. Yeah. Screw. You. Biometals.

Yeah... the other characers I hate technically come from games that were on the PS1 >_>;
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    EVERYBODY SHUT UP I LOVE THE OWL OK

Favorites:

5. Kaepora Gaebora (The Legend of Zelda)
    I only like him for lulz. And I do the best owl voice ever. "Come here and grab my talons and I'll fly you back down the mountain. Hoot hoot."

4. Kirby
    First time I played Kirby 64, I thought he was awesome. An character that could eat enemies, get their powers, and fuse them with other powers? Awesome.

3. Dr. Mario
    Throwing pills is awesome. I grew up with this game, and even though I was bad, it's got a place in my heart. Plus playing as him in Melee is lulzy.

2. Silver (Pokemon)
    Best rival ever, and I don't think I should say why.

1. Lucas (Mother 3)
    This is one of my favorite games of all time, hands down. Just something about Lucas that I really like, but can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe I just like blondes? That can't be it. "The once coddled Lucas is starting to become a young sun." (The quote was something like that, shush.)

Least favorites:

5. Navi (The Legend of Zelda)
    Hey. Hey. Hey. Listen. Listen. HEY. HEY. HEY!! LISTEN DAMMIT!!!

4. Peppy (Star Fox)
    TRY A SOMERSAULT. PRESS Z OR R TWICE. If you can't do a somersault or a barrel roll after this game, then you are screwed in life.

3. Ganon (TLoZ: Wind Waker)
    I don't like the Ganon from Wind Waker. He looked like someone's fat uncle, seriously.

2. Brendan/May (Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald)
    I dislike them for being the worst rivals in history. Not even evolving your starter to the final stage? It's just sad. You could have done better. Wally is a better rival than either of them.

1. Fassad (Mother 3)
    This guy can go jump off Thunder Tower a cliff. He mistreats animals, tears up towns and families, and just...no. Die. Please. Oh, and he eats way too many bananas than the average man should be eating.

.Hoenn

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2010
    FAAVORITE:
    5. Jigglypuff
    4. Pikachu
    3. Charizard
    2. Leafeon
    1. CHERRIM

WHO CANT LOVE CHERRIM?

Least fav:
    5. zelda
    4. link
    3. Fassad
    2. PEPPY FROM STARFOX 64
    1. Ash Ketchum

Ash somehow tops peppy, he is just the most annoying guy ever

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    EVERYBODY SHUT UP I LOVE THE OWL OK

Favorites:

5. Kaepora Gaebora (The Legend of Zelda)
    I only like him for lulz. And I do the best owl voice ever. "Come here and grab my talons and I'll fly you back down the mountain. Hoot hoot."

4. Kirby
    First time I played Kirby 64, I thought he was awesome. An character that could eat enemies, get their powers, and fuse them with other powers? Awesome.

3. Dr. Mario
    Throwing pills is awesome. I grew up with this game, and even though I was bad, it's got a place in my heart. Plus playing as him in Melee is lulzy.

2. Silver (Pokemon)
    Best rival ever, and I don't think I should say why.

1. Lucas (Mother 3)
    This is one of my favorite games of all time, hands down. Just something about Lucas that I really like, but can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe I just like blondes? That can't be it. "The once coddled Lucas is starting to become a young sun." (The quote was something like that, shush.)

Least favorites:

5. Navi (The Legend of Zelda)
    Hey. Hey. Hey. Listen. Listen. HEY. HEY. HEY!! LISTEN DAMMIT!!!

4. Peppy (Star Fox)
    TRY A SOMERSAULT. PRESS Z OR R TWICE. If you can't do a somersault or a barrel roll after this game, then you are screwed in life.

3. Ganon (TLoZ: Wind Waker)
    I don't like the Ganon from Wind Waker. He looked like someone's fat uncle, seriously.

2. Brendan/May (Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald)
    I dislike them for being the worst rivals in history. Not even evolving your starter to the final stage? It's just sad. You could have done better. Wally is a better rival than either of them.

1. Fassad (Mother 3)
    This guy can go jump off Thunder Tower a cliff. He mistreats animals, tears up towns and families, and just...no. Die. Please. Oh, and he eats way too many bananas than the average man should be eating.

I definetly agree that silver was the best rival and May/Brendan was the worst (although Barry was a complete jackass)
    I haven't played mother 3, but I've heard its good *goes to coolroms*

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Favorite:
    5. Luigi - Yeah, i do prefer the taller, ignored brother :P
    4. Waluigi - Creepy as heck, but I find his voice to be strangely amusing.
    3. Miror B. - A dancing, afro-wearing trainer stuck in a 70's time warp? It doesn't get much better than this. LET THE MUSIC PLAY!
    2. Bowser - He breathes fire, he tries to squash Mario, and in his spare time he plays sports and races go-karts. Plus you gotta admire the Koopa king's persistence and determination.
    1. Leaf/Blue (Pokemon) - The very pinnacle of Pokemon character design, her looks are just about perfect. Sadly, Ken Sugimori's designs for the playable characters would only go downhill after this, but I can still admire my Leaf-chan!

Least favorite:
    5. Hammer Bros. - These guys are pure hell to try to defeat. Good luck trying to get close to them without being whacked by a hammer.
    4. Red - He make the list for a) stealing Leaf's spotlight in both Brawl and HG/SS, b) for being a disappointingly easy final boss in the latter, and c) for using my most hated Nintendo character.
    3. Youngster Joey - Nobody cares about your stupid Rattata, so please stop calling, thanks.
    2. Rival from D/P/Pt. Yeah, learn how to avoid running into people, cut your overgrown hair, and learn to shut up for once.
    1. Pikachu - Easily the worst Pokemon design ever, and that includes the newly revealed fifth gen Pokemon. I have no idea how something this ugly, with stats this weak, ever gained mass popularity.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Favorites!

5. Lubba from Super Mario Galaxy 2: He is a big jolly purple star I love him!
    4. Volkner: Volkner is very attractive.
    3. Princess Agitha from Zelda Twilight Princess: I like her she is cool and she has a great house.
    2. Hungry Luma: Hungry Lumas are so cute!
    1. Pennington from Paper Mario: Pennington is a penguin who solves mysteries! Obviously he is the best!

I don't have any least favorites apart from maybe the person who collects rabbits in Zelda the Spirit Tracks. He is so gross!

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Ok..let me just open this here lid...ok..just about done..Oh CRA- FANNNNNNNNNNNNNBOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYTIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE

Okay, I'm going to try and keep it one character per franchise for size reasons. Also, for now I'm just going to do most loved..Because I'm tired and I'm not in a hateful mood..Plus there really isn't many that could fill those spots.

Most Loved (in no particular order):

Captain Olimar (Pikmin)

I've never been the biggest fan of Pikmin, don't get me wrong I thought they were great games, I was just never a Pikmin freak. But the Brawl came along..Olimar is my character..And I love him. His -lack of- personality and brilliant -not to mention handsome- design has since won me over.

Spoiler:

Isa Jo (Sin and Punishment (2): Successor of the Skies)

Not a particularly involving or personality-ridden character..But he's the best S+P2 has to offer..And that game is just awesome.

Spoiler:

Boyd (Fire Emblem 9 and 10)

Although he's not in my favorite game of all time (FE7), as I'm keepin gto one char per franchise, I had to go with Boyd. Definitely my favorite FE character. I mean he's caring and a bit of a lad..But I mean, alongside that, he's a psycho.

Spoiler:

Malo (LoZ: TP)

A toddler wheeler dealer..Who's insults can become surprisingly hurtful...What's not to love?

Spoiler:

Mega Man (The Original Series)

From one of the best game series' ever..Bar 7 and 8. Mega Man is amazing..and Mega Man 2 is just one the best games ever.

Spoiler:

Drake (Advance Wars)

He's a tubby sailor. Plus he's on Green Earth's side, and they're awesome.

Spoiler:

Commander Video

The Bit Trip games are unbelievably addicting, and this guy's there to enjoy the experience alongside you every bit (eh?) of the way.

Spoiler:

Honourable mentions: Kirby, Hector (FE7), Mawile, Toon Link (Because Wind Waker > Every other Zelda.), Toad, Ness, Zero, Radd Spencer, Jill (Drill Dozer) and Hachi (Advance Wars).

Phew.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Most Loved [not in order] :

Mario - Super Mario Bros
    His games are cool and fun,he is cool and seriously,who doesn't like Mario?
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I don't think I hate any nintendo characters as far as I know.

Marx_Ultra

Back in Black!
    Years
    TOP LOVED:
    1. Marx/Marx Soul (KSS/U) - Even though there's a pattern in his attack style, still the best villain of Nintendo. And don't go messing around with Marx Soul. True Arena will have you weakened by the time you get to him!
    2. Zero Two (0²) (Kirby 64) - A being who can't feel happiness/joy/etc. Now there's a good story.
    3. Qwilfish (Pokemon Series) - Qwilfish is the most unique pokemon I can think of. Its one of those, what I call, "lesser-knowns."
    4. PKMN Trainer May (Pokemon R/S/E) - I don't know why, but she's always been my favorite.
    5. Mario (Mario Series) - Seriously, who can't love the guy? He's got great platforming action.
    6. Drawcia (Kirby Canvas Curse) - Probably one of the overlooked villains of Kirby. She has a great theme too.
    7. King Dedede (Kirby Series) - KING DEDEDE IS THE BE-BE-BEST AND YOU KNOW IT! At least, in SSBB.
    8. Waluigi (Mario Sports/Party) - Waluigi's an oddball, but he's very unique, considering he only appears in Mario Sports and Mario Parties.
    9. Mii's (Wii Series) - Mii's in Mario Kart ftw.
    10. Captain Olimar (Pikmin Series) - Even though I don't play pikmin, Olimar is my favorite. Just put him in here for no reason at all. :/ Needed some filler...

TOP HATED:
    None atm. ^^

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I'ma taking TWEWY characters to be Ninten, even though they're technically Square's, kthxbai.

Loved:

5. Hanekoma from TWEWY. He's is such a Magnificent Bastard, seriously.
    4. Dick Gumshoe from Phoenix Wright. He is such a cool guy, pal.
    3. SHO MINAMIMOTO, you lousy hectopascals! He's a level above everyone else, and deservedly so. He's evil, but GOOD EVIL and awesome at the same time.
    2. Klavier Gavin from Apollo Justice. He is so awesome. I mean... awesomeness right there. He's a Euro-rockstar and an epic prosecutor at once, and he's the only opposition in the whole series who never looks down on the main character. THE ONLY ONE.
    1. Kirby. He's just too awesome to ignore. The awesomeness radiates from the name, from EVERYTHING. because he's awesome.

Hated:
    5. Joshua Kiryu from TWEWY, again. He's a Magnificent Bastard like Hanekoma, but in a bad way and he's not as Magnificent, he's more just a bastard.
    4. Ash Ketchum. He's annoying, and his inability to fight doesn't help. He got better at one point, but now he's an idiot again.
    3. Manfred von Karma from Phoenix Wright. That guy is made of evil. His mind is warped or something.
    2. Quercus Alba from Ace Attorney Investigations. There's a reason his nickname is "Quercus Sonofabiscuit Alba".
    1. Fassad from Mother 3. He's...ughhh, I hate evil-evil guys, guys that get on my nerves as bad guys really really raaagghh, forget the bad guys with good intentions and the anti-heros, the real bad guys are the evil ones. Not the crazy ones, but the ones that do all this bad stuff for something tiny and act all big and raaaaaaggggghhhhh.

Haha, you can probably see that the majority of the characters are from TWEWY and Ace Attorney, because those games' characters are a lot more deep and you can really know the characters, whether that be for good or bad. Fassad's just evil and the others are opinionated.

Seizure02

Spriter
    Years
    Well here are my Top 5 favorites:

5. Yoshi
    4. Meta Knight
    3. Gary Oak
    2. Marth
    1. Kirby

Top 5 most hated:

5. Zelda (Think Spirit Tracks)
    4. Luna (Or whatever its name is)
    3. Bowser
    2. Captain Falcon
    1. Peach (How many times does Mario go on pointless journeys to save her?)

Back