• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most memorable place in Johto (and Kanto)?

Years
  • What is your favorite place in HG/SS?

I love the entire region. It's true that the story isnt tooo exciting, although I probablčy get the feeling cos Im playing very slowly, but it's a great story nevertheless.
    However, the regions are amazing. Music, scenery, everything. My list of favorite places:

Sprout tower I love the ambient, and the music. It's kinda a place I'd go to when I had nothing to do and I just wanted to relax.

Slowpoke well music + scenery = win

Burned tower music, also the mysterious vibe it sends.

Route 42 I love the music in this route :D

Added:

walkway to the Bell Tower. Silence, autumn, and your footsteps... and a lot of mushrooms lmao
    so peacefull :D

And my favorite place would, for now, be:

Ecruteak city!

I love everything about this city. I am usually a big city kind of person, but this city is amazing. It seems like an old city, but still with some modernism. Kinda like those China villages or something lol. Music is by now the favorite one I stumbled upon. It has the dance theater which is so relaxing, I usually save my game there xD. Also the towers, and being in the center of the region doesnt hurt too.
    I'll add more places once I get there :D

So what about you?

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Goldenrod City. Not only is it the main city of Johto, but with all it's buildings such as the Radio Tower, Department Store etc. It's really one of those cities that makes a lasting impression when playing the game. Oh and obviously it is home to Whitney and Miltank...

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Ceanwood city the atmosphere is so calming I love it so much that its one of my favorite cites in PKMN

Sirfetch’d

It's weird for me. I didn't like Johto so much as a region because it felt so small, but the places it did have were all pretty memorable! To me though the Ruins of Alph take the cake here. While they weren't anything of super importance in the story, they were really amazing and so nostalgic haha.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • New Bark Town. It's the place you start in, the place you meet your first Pokemon partner, and the place you meet ??? Silver for the first time. Music's memorable, too.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I loved HG/SS's Victory Road because it was by far the easiest trek of my life to the Pokemon League. (thank god it wasn't a repeat of sinnoh's that would of been a nightmare) Honestly I haven't checked HG/SS in so long that Victory Road is the only place I can remember. I'm not sure what that says about me but yeah :( However I remember Whirl Islands and Ecruteak City having some of the best music in the game so those two are worth a mention as well. ^^

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Johto is a beautiful region, (so is Kanto) so it's hard to decide on just one place. If I haaaaad to choose one though, I'd say the walkway to Bell Tower. The autumnal trees were stunning.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Goldenrod City.

It's my favourite city in all of the games. We have main cities in other games but they never feel quite as central to the plot as Goldenrod.

For Kanto it would probably be Fuschia City for me. I really like the Safari Zone so that's probably why.

Years
  • I have to pretty much say Ecruteak City and Bell Tower. It's very beautiful given it's inspired by traditional Japanese, and as mentioned earlier the autumn leaves lining the walkway to Bell Tower are one of the most beautiful sights of Johto.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Walkway to bell tower looks beautiful and serene and ecrteak city in general also what are they called tojo falls were serene yet mysterious and marked the border between regions

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2015
    Ecruteak City. The first time I ever played a Pokemon game (which was for five minutes) was on my friend's DS and he was playing SoulSilver. I think he was about to face Ecruteak and the city just looked so...awesome. Take note my favorite game from 4th Gen was Platinum.

Years
  • Johto's my favourite reason haha so this is hard :) I'm going to say Cherrygrove City (love those pink roofs!) for being the first place I ever came across in a game aside from the player's hometown, I dunno when I first arrived there with the old man showing you about the place I just got a massive sense that I was on a proper adventure, and I still get that feeling everytime I go there :) Plus I really like the name lol, Cherrygrove just sounds pretty :)

Honourable mention to Professor Elm's Pokémon Lab for having my favourite music from any game; Lake of Rage (cause meeting Lance there... so epic!); National Park for Bug Catching Contests!!; Azalea Town for Kurt and his Apricorns and Cianwood City for: being home to my fave Johto Gym Leader, his wife who gives you Fly, the fact you have to Surf there (I like locations that are hidden away) and the whole storyline with Amphy that requires you to go there in the first place :)

I'll stop there haha xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, one of the most memorable places in Johto would likely have to be Cherrygrove City. This is where we meet our rival for the first time, and go up against a battle with him. Character introductions play a major part in video games, I feel, and if you ask me, they've done the job pretty well here. Others might take it differently, of course; it's just how I feel.

Alongside above, another would probably have to be Goldenrod. Here, we have a train-station, which we could take to visit Kanto. This city also houses Radio Tower, which plays a pretty important role in terms of plot and whatnot; this is what Team Rocket decides to take over, and it's up to you to chase them off.

As far as Kanto goes, I'd say Saffron City, due to how big and cheerful the place is.

Years
  • Most memorable place for me is probably Dragon's Den. The music for that place is very unique and even though it isn't large, you can catch Dratini's there.

Years
  • I loved the Bellchime Trail (the path leading up to Bell Tower) and the Lake of Rage. The Bellchime Trail was absolutely stunning and serene, and the Lake of Rage was where I caught that awesome shiny red Gyarados~ It also rains there a lot, and I like rain. :3

Though, I also liked Cerulean City in HG/SS, too. It was so different compared to the other cities in terms of design (that ledge-!) and it was pretty. :D It had plants and water and you could catch Suicune nearby and it was overall a very calming place.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I liked the Dragon's Den because it was very unique, since it was filled with dragons unlike most other caves. Mt. Silver was also very memorable considering there was now snow at the top, and of course the journey through and the unique Pokémon in it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Ecruteak City and Bell Tower. Every time I got really bored, I go to that city and visit the Bell Tower. I tend to visit the Bell Tower so I can get to the very top. Not only that, but when I used to have trouble catching the roaming Legendaries, the route down south of Ecruteak City is the first place I go to. Plus, both places have gorgeous music.

Back