• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most overrated game ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Every "military" FPS game ever.
    I'm down to play DOOM any day of the week

but the same old crap like Call Of Duty or Battlefield just all seems entirely the same, every single release.

entirely the same, every single release.

Yes. And it also came out 11 years after Battlefield 1942. Wolfenstein 3D and DOOM were released a year apart.

It isn't in any way valid to make that comparison.

It's completely valid given the original statement. Hell, if it makes you feel better we can use Battlefield 1943 and bad Company 2 since they were released a year apart, still wildly different games that only share a basic core and name. Saying every Battlefield game is exactly the same as it's predecessor is as stupid and ignorant as claiming DOOM is the same game as Wolfenstein 3D. Hopefully that's cleared my point up for you.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    One of the most overrated games in my opinion is Tales of Symphonia. Everyone calls it one of the best RPGs and I beg to differ. It's not a bad game, I just can't seem to enjoy it like most people, and I just flat out don't understand the combat system.

What doesn't help was that the PS3 HD port had a lot of input lag, when none of my games I own have that problem.

Guest123_x1

I don't get why so many people are obsessed with anything in the Call of Duty series. I know so many youngsters play this game, but I won't buy any game in this series, and if somebody ever gives me one as a gift, I won't play it. Plus there's this meme that you see on social media every once in awhile:
    BphsBUPIQAAEWtz.jpg

'Nuff said.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I don't get why so many people are obsessed with anything in the Call of Duty series. I know so many youngsters play this game, but I won't buy any game in this series, and if somebody ever gives me one as a gift, I won't play it. Plus there's this meme that you see on social media every once in awhile:
    BphsBUPIQAAEWtz.jpg

'Nuff said.

I don't know, as much as CoD has turned into an absolute mess over the past few installments I dunno if a 9gag meme would alter my opinion of it.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Mass Effect 2 is one of the blandest experiences I've ever played. It's not like it had anything going for it either - Fallout 3 was also mediocre, but it was a pretty unique experience at the time, if not a groundbreaking one. Its gameplay is largely black-and-white morality decisions and generic corridor shooting, which were some of the most unoriginal, overused mechanics around that time. It's also ugly and surprisingly buggy despite how basic its mechanics are. Even the lauded writing was underwhelming, although I do have to admit that Garrus is husbando material. I'm still interested in trying Mass Effect, and the story hook for ME Andromeda is intriguing, but I don't have any faith in modern Bioware to deliver a good product.

Bloodborne is massively overrated too, but I still managed to wring a decent amount of fun out of it, and I completely understand why someone would think it's a brilliant game.

I also got little joy out of Devil May Cry 4 and Persona 3, but I'll stop here because I'm getting a serious case of déjà vu.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2022
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds 'I'm on observation duty' to be a sleep inducing boring snore fest if a game. It's so insanely over rated and inexplicably majorly popular. Usually only decent, interesting games have a cult following. The concept maybe unique but it's lazy, repetitive, unimaginative and uninspired. Its so dissapointing when your looking forward to daily uploads by your favourite youtubers only to see they've uploaded I'm on observation duty. They decided to play all 5 games which means weeks of nothing but uploads of those games. Not interesting, decent games in between to give viewers a break from the monotony.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2022
    Life is Strange.

People make it look like it's the best interactive movie ever with brilliant storyline and setting and whatever.
    When in fact, the storyline is predictable, the setting is exaggerate depict of American high school (at least I hope, because if it's not exaggerate then... wow) which makes it immensely hard to relate to it unless you are actually US citizen. And despite the fact that I liked the time travel as a gameplay concept, the rules of time travel were all over the place.

Exaggerated*

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2022
    I love the game to death but Final fantasy 7 gets overhyped to death sometimes. I feel some of the previous games do the story just as good if not better in some aspects. The fact it's on playstation rather than nintendo makes the sony crowd more than overjoyed to the point it has become toxic and dull.

But it is still a very important game in terms of JRPGS so I will give it that.

Years
  • This thread is 6 years old so I'm gonna go ahead and lock it. If you would like to continue this discussion you are free to create a new thread.

Retek is right, the correct answer is Fortnite

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back