• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Played Switch Games

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    I was checking this on my Switch earlier based on how much play time I have in each game:

1. FIFA 21
    2. Pokémon Shield
    3. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
    4. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    5. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    6. Pokémon Brilliant Diamond
    7. Pokémon Legends: Arceus
    8. Dragon Quest Builders 2
    9. Pokémon Scarlet
    10. Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Only started playing Three Houses in February this year so goes to show how much I enjoyed playing it. Surprised Shield is so high given that I've barely played it within the last year. I didn't buy FIFA 22 or 23 so that obviously helped 21 get to the top.

What are your most played Switch games? (or for other consoles if you have any way of checking)

Days
    My top ten on Switch are as follows:

1. Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (700 hours or more...welp)
    2. Monster Hunter Rise (350 hours)
    3. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (200 hours)
    4. Dragon Quest Builders 2 (150 hours)
    5. Persona 5 Royal (95 hours)
    6. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (90 hours)
    7. Theatrhythm Final Bar Line (85 hours)
    8. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition (85 hours)
    9. Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution (85 hours)
    10. Fire Emblem: Three Houses (80 hours)

Bit of a gap between the top four and everything else!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    1. Pokemon Sword
    2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    3. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    4. Rune Factory 4: Special
    5. Pokemon Scarlet
    6. Persona 5 Royal
    7. Rune Factory 5
    8. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
    9. Fire Emblem: Engage
    10. Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

Ran up the clock on Animal Crossing from waiting on stars and balloon recipes.

Beat Rune Factory 5 twice. Still came in below the single playthrough of Persona 5.

Recalls seeing Ultra Sun on top for 3DS. Might be Moon and Y after that.

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
    1. Pokemon Violet
    2. Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
    3. Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel
    4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
    5. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    6. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
    7. Nintendo 64 - Nintendo Switch Online

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    For Switch it's apparently:

1) Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (895 hours)
    2) Monster Hunter Rise (600 hours)
    3) Super Smash Bros Ultimate (515 hours)
    4) Fire Emblem Three Houses (455 hours)
    5) Monster Hunter Stories 2 (170 hours)
    6) Pokemon Shield (165 hours)

and then everything else is like less than 120 hours

Last edited:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    1. Animal Crossing New Horizons
    2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    3. Pokemon Shield
    4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild ( going by memory, it's not showing up in my play activity list anymore because it's been a while)
    5. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
    6. Immortals Fenyx Rising
    7. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
    8. Pokemon Scarlet
    9. Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    10. Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Tears of the Kingdom still has many more hours for me to play, and I suspect Scarlet will jump up closer to Shield after the DLC releases.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild ( going by memory, it's not showing up in my play activity list anymore because it's been a while)

Should show up if you go to All Software (on the far right of your games), then Sort by Play Time (Longest First). Might also include other peoples' playtime, though.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Should show up if you go to All Software (on the far right of your games), then Sort by Play Time (Longest First). Might also include other peoples' playtime, though.

Thank you! I did that and the list was almost exactly as I expected except instead of Super Smash Bros Ultimate being 10th, Okami HD was (another game that I played years ago).

Years
    1. Pokemon Shield. In the lead by a really wide margin at 1.760 total hours thank to all the breeding I've been doing.
    2. Pokemon Shining Pearl. 350 hours. Probably from all the egg-move & HA breeding in the postgame lol.
    3. Pokemon Legends Arceus. 320 hours. Was working on a completed Dex with all research tasks completed. Never finished. this could easily reach the 500 hour mark by the time I do.
    4 Pokemon Violet. 145 hours. Have not yet done any serious breeding here. I expect to at least double this if not triple when I do.
    5. New Pokemon Snap. 80 hours. I fully completed my PhotoDex, it takes a while =P
    6. Pokemon Let's Go Eevee. 55 hours. Played through it once and completed the Dex. Did little else.
    7. The Outer Worlds. 45 hours. Completed the game, but before DLC was released. Could still go up a bit.
    8. Pokemon Home. 40 hours lol. Spent too much time tossing mons back and forth, huh? xD
    9. Pokemon Sword. 25 hours. Never finished the main story and have yet to do the DLC's.
    10. Minecraft Dungeons. 10 hours. Played it for a while, but grew bored fairly fast tbh.

I do have a whole bunch of non-Pokemon titles I have yet to play, but this top-10 does perfectly represent my main reason for sticking to Nintendo consoles/handhelds I guess xD

Days
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    1. Pokemon Sword (1,035hrs)
    2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (600hrs)
    3. Pokemon Scarlet (270hrs)
    4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (215hrs)
    5. Tetris 99 (135hrs)
    6. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond (25hrs)
    7. Splatoon 3 (15hrs)
    8. Pac-Man 99 (5hrs)
    9. Smash Ultimate (4hrs)
    10. Mario Party Superstars / Dragon Ball FighterZ (1hr)

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    1. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    2. Fortnite ( like the game, not a huge fan but its how me brother and cousin all hangout living far apart)
    3. Pokemon Unite
    4. Splatoon 2
    5. Fire Emblem 3H
    6. Rocket League
    7. Pokemon Sword
    8. Overwatch 2
    9. Pokemon Violet
    10. Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac Age

My favorite 10 games would be like
    - SSBU
    - FF12
    - Pokemon Sword
    - Zelda Skyward ( fav Zelda game)
    - FE3H
    - FE Encore
    - Overwatch 2
    - Cave Story
    - Pokemon Unite
    - FE Engage
    - FE Warriors

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    1. Pokemon Shield. In the lead by a really wide margin at 1.760 total hours thank to all the breeding I've been doing.
    2. Pokemon Shining Pearl. 350 hours. Probably from all the egg-move & HA breeding in the postgame lol.
    3. Pokemon Legends Arceus. 320 hours. Was working on a completed Dex with all research tasks completed. Never finished. this could easily reach the 500 hour mark by the time I do.
    4 Pokemon Violet. 145 hours. Have not yet done any serious breeding here. I expect to at least double this if not triple when I do.
    5. New Pokemon Snap. 80 hours. I fully completed my PhotoDex, it takes a while =P
    6. Pokemon Let's Go Eevee. 55 hours. Played through it once and completed the Dex. Did little else.
    7. The Outer Worlds. 45 hours. Completed the game, but before DLC was released. Could still go up a bit.
    8. Pokemon Home. 40 hours lol. Spent too much time tossing mons back and forth, huh? xD
    9. Pokemon Sword. 25 hours. Never finished the main story and have yet to do the DLC's.
    10. Minecraft Dungeons. 10 hours. Played it for a while, but grew bored fairly fast tbh.

I do have a whole bunch of non-Pokemon titles I have yet to play, but this top-10 does perfectly represent my main reason for sticking to Nintendo consoles/handhelds I guess xD

Respect that Pokemon Grind!👊

Back