• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most Stupid Thing on DPPt ?

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Okay
    1. When a pokemon uses fly outside of battle. It's just horrible lol. The graphics SUCK.
    2. The fact that all the gym leaders are uber easy to beat. No challenge.
    3. Gen 4 trashed alot of cool move graphics. (Hyper Beam, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Blizzard, etc, etc, etc, the list doesn't really end lol)
    Sorry to be such a pessimist:) Platinum is cool, but ugh, Nintendo really needs some help next go around.

P.S. Lucas's hat. That thing is straight chodarific. And Quincy looks like a girl.

Years
    GTS.
    Though I do see it can be useful and useless sometimes, but who would want a Bidoof from GTS for an Uber? ;/
    I only like it for the Pokemon with Japanese names.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Naturally, the GTS serves as a feature that does the complete opposite for those wishing to complete their Pokedex, allowing access to only the Pokemon they have seen. But with that, some of the requests on there are truly ridiculous, such as a Level 3 Bidoof requesting something like Dialga or Giratina.

Second would be the honey trees. Having to wait for Pokemon to be lured... okay, its a nice thought, but the fact that it takes so long for them to appear and you only have a slim chance of finding the rarer Pokemon that are attracted by honey, it all becomes a truly ridiculous feature.

Third would be the Game Corner in the European version of Platinum. It was probably the stupidest thing Nintendo and PEGI could have restricted. The reasoning behind it; encouragement of gambling, is about as idiotic as a rating system can get, because the game was far from being something encouraging gambling. You could just buy the coins, for crying out loud! I occasionally liked to play around in the slots when I had nothing to do, but I'll have to have that option open to me by continually importing my games...

For all it's logical worth(lessness), I'm surprised they haven't told Nintendo they can't make Pokemon a 3+ game any more because it has Pokemon fighting in it and thus contains depictions of violence, or promotes criminal acts by pinning a 10 year old against a fully (dis)functioning criminal organisation, stealing peoples' Pokemon, etc. Heck, even discrimination if we really want to stretch the elastic that far. (just as small as the Game Corner, the first Gym Leader says something like, "I can't believe I lost to a trainer with no badges..." which, stretching the boundaries of discrimination to their absolute ridiculous limit, could be seen as such, I suppose. In their eyes, anyway, I'm sure)

I guess my final one would be the lack of Fire-types, though generally in relation to the lack of them throughout the Pokemon Generations. It can't be that hard to think of new Fire-type Pokemon to give more variety. Heck, Water-types had roughly double the number of Fire-types in Generation I, I believe and though I have not counted, must be triple, by now. Though in particular, to make this Diamond/Pearl-based, the use of Fire-types as an Elite Four type. As noted, only two of his Pokemon are actually of the Fire-type in Diamond and Pearl. I mean... he even had a Steelix in his team. That's right, a Steelix. What the hell!?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    i think having to wait 24 hours for a migration...

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    The fact that the Pokemon League is hard. :[
    Seriously, they should give you more options and places for you to train your Pokemon at. That and the fact that you have to see all 210 Pokemon to get the National Dex. Not particularly hard, but it sure is a hindrance for when I want to unlock Pal Park quickly. :<

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    (Most of) The new pokemon. Almost all of them are unoriginal and just have added on a bunch more pointless space to the National dex.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    ....so you're saying that you thought all the other gym leaders from every other generation were hard? :\

No. But at least there were gym leaders like Whitney, etc. The gym leaders in Diamond didn't even manage to kill one of my pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Honey trees, then migration limited to 6 Pokemons and 24 hours each time. Definitely.

And blah, the gyms were perfect. Plus, people yell when the league is weak, then yell when it's strong?
    The league was good enough. And there were plenty of places to train at. That's the biggest region as much as I remember. The only games getting close to it were GSC cause they had 2 regions...

Water Pokemon Trainer

Starting A New Leaf
    Years
    Well As Many Have Covered Before Honey Trees. The Miniscule Chance of Recieving A Minor Pokemon Like Aipom and Munchlax Or If your Extremely Lucky A Heracross. I Tested My Average Time For Me To Get Either Of These And It Took Nearly 2 Weeks:S

And Then The Lack of Versatility Of Fire Types Where theres Like 4 Obtainable in Game Without Trading Or Cheating... Now Thats A poor Result.

But making such A Basic Pokemon Like Bidoof. How Low Can They Sink.

And 1 More Thing. How Unversatile Grass Types Are... I Mean Bug Types have Better Move Pools Than Most Grass Types. i Really Expected More Complex Stuff.

~WPT~

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i also hate the fact that not only can you only get a combee from a honey tree, but your chances of getting a female combee from a male combee is like 12%. i've been trying to get one for SO LONG so i can evolve it into a vespiquen, but i've had no such luck as of yet. :(

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    The simple fact that I fought a Drifloon, Lopunny, and Steelix during the so called Fire-type E4 battle...that was just ridiculous...thank God for Platinum's extended Pokedex...

Years
    i cant really decide which of the following three aspects i dislike the most.

- really slooow animations (at the beginning of a battle, when a move is used, when you surf, ...)
    - honey trees. you always have to wait eternally and still only get a wurmple most of the time.
    - contests. you don't really have to do them, but they still annoy me as hell, i just hate them

luxray_12

Loving the originals
    Years
    It has to be type distribution. In D/P there were hardly any fire or electric types, so Flint ended up having the only two fire types in the game plus three randoms. It was the same with Volkner.

All you guys seem to hate honey trees. I don't like them either but I always get heracrosses and aipoms. It's weird, I guess I'm just lucky.

Back