• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Move Idea: Kick Away

Years
  • Basically, it's a Dark-type move dealing moderate damage with a gimmick that's right there in the name: whenever the move connects there's a minuscule chance (about 15% give or take) of causing any opponent that's smaller than the user to be, well, ejected from battle, thus causing the battle to end prematurely for wild battles (with you gaining half the usual amount of EXP though if you so desire, you can retrigger the encounter and gain the rest of the EXP before the ejected foe despawns) and the trainers to switch over to their next Pokémon in line. And since it's a Signature Move, the eject effect naturally won't be activated if you somehow manage to copy or hack this move to an another Pokémon. What're your thoughts?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Feels a little too specific and low odds for the effect. Assumes something like 60 power (same as Dragon Tail and Circle Throw). Will probably not use that primarily for damage. Hits it for the effect, as a last-ditch effort. Why not use Horn Drill or even Hypnosis then?

Potentially exploits it if you give it higher odds too, under the right conditions. Skill Swap Serene Grace onto the Pokemon, for example. Becomes a menace with a high enough Speed stat. Locked all moves like this to -6 priority for a reason.

Finds it hard to suggest a change. Lives and dies by the effect rate. Perhaps make it a guaranteed chance and change the conditions? Like: 60 power. 100% accuracy. Announces it winding up to kick anything that comes close at the start of the turn. Deals damage and switches the opposing Pokemon out if hit by a contact move (and lives?). Becomes kind of like Turtonator's Shell Trap. Potentially switches multiple opponents out, if hit by multiple contact moves.

Some other ideas:
    • Two turn move, but higher power and a guaranteed switch.
    • Increase the power to 90, -6 priority, and a guaranteed switch only on Pokemon that weigh less than the user. Notably happens before Trick Room.

Allows you to copy most signature moves, as a side note. Tested it in Pokemon Showdown quick. Cannot copy Zacian's Behemoth Blade. Can Mimic Hydrapple's Fickle Beam. Retains the chance to "go all out" as well. Mentions copying Ivy Cudgel (Ogerpon's move) in Bulbapedia's page on it too.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • To be honest, if my Pokémon was about to learn this move, I'd have it not learn it or have it forget it for a better move for a reasons. Firstly, considering that you mentioned that the move does "moderate damage," I know it isn't strong. I prefer to use moves that hit hard to deal considerable amounts of damage. Secondly, you mentioned that the move only has a 15% chance of its effect to force a switch out when it connects. I would much rather just use Dragon Tail, which forces a switch out 100% of the time. You can make this move better by simply its effect work 100% of the time instead of 15%. It wouldn't be broken either.

Back