• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    After having my zangoose smeared several times by a lopunny, I was wondering what a good nature, ability and evs for one might be, also a moveset if possible.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    p lazy to get a moveset, but just fyi zangoose doesnt win vs mega lopunny lol. 136 attack with se stab high jump kick = gg. 73/60 defenses on top of that lol

if you want a competitive moveset for zangoose, try something like toxic orb with toxic boost and facade (filler filler coverage) with jolly 252 atk 4 def 252 speed...

idk ;-;

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    After having my zangoose smeared several times by a lopunny, I was wondering what a good nature, ability and evs for one might be, also a moveset if possible.

p lazy to get a moveset, but just fyi zangoose doesnt win vs mega lopunny lol. 136 attack with se stab high jump kick = gg. 73/60 defenses on top of that lol

if you want a competitive moveset for zangoose, try something like toxic orb with toxic boost and facade (filler filler coverage) with jolly 252 atk 4 def 252 speed...

idk ;-;

To add to what Revere said, Mega Lopunny outspeeds Zangoose. The former's Speed is 135, while the latter's is 90, which isn't bad, but isn't good either. However, Zangoose can pick off a weakened Mega Lopunny with Quick Attack.

Anyway, here's the full Zangoose set:
    -Facade
    -Close Combat
    -Knock Off
    -Quick Attack/Swords Dance
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Toxic Orb
    Ability: Toxic Boost

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I phrased my question poorly, I meant for a lopunny, not Zangoose

Well, here are some Mega Lopunny sets you should try out. Both sets have absolutely perfect coverage with Mega Lopunny's STABs alone; the only coverage move you should really be bothering with is Ice Punch for Gliscor and Therian Landorus. Take note that Limber is the preferred pre-Mega ability on Lopunny:
    -Fake Out
    -Return
    -High Jump Kick
    -Ice Punch/Healing Wish
    Item: Lopunnite
    Ability: Limber

or
    -Substitute
    -Return
    -High Jump Kick
    -Ice Punch/Power-Up Punch/Encore/Baton Pass
    Item: Lopunnite
    Ability: Limber

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
    I'm planning to add a Bouffalant to my mixed tier and was wondering if giving it this EV spread would help it more than the one suggested elsewhere:
    - 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
    Or possibly:
    - 172 HP / 252 Atk / 42 Def / 42 SDef

Original spread:
    - 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe

It's just that with base 55 speed, I don't think it will out speed anything. (well, it will in some cases but...)

The Alchemyst

I'm planning to add a Bouffalant to my mixed tier and was wondering if giving it this EV spread would help it more than the one suggested elsewhere:
    - 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
    Or possibly:
    - 172 HP / 252 Atk / 42 Def / 42 SDef

Original spread:
    - 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe

It's just that with base 55 speed, I don't think it will out speed anything. (well, it will in some cases but...)

Don't worry about outspeeding "anything", Death. It's fine. The only true thing you should be outspeeding are slower tanks that would otherwise wall this guy to oblivion (e.g. Alomomola, Slowking, Aromatisse, etc). Secondly, do NOT invest in defenses minimally. You're wasting the potential you have to maximize into your Attack, HP, and in some cases, Speed. Your original spread seems perfectly fine, if paired with Sap Sipper/Soundproof and with a Substitue set or a Choice Band set. Your first possible proposition is okay in SOME instances, but you'd have to state what it would be used for. Don't try to make a Pokemon into something it's not, as Bouffalant is a slow but extremely steady wallbreaker that will get the job done when you need him too. Hope this helps :)

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
    Scrafty @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Moxie
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Drain Punch
    - Crunch
    - Poison Jab

So I used to own a Scrafty with the above move set, I'm currently considering recreating it in ORAS and am wondering if the moves listed above are still okay, or if I should consider something like:
    - Dragon Dance
    - Drain Punch
    - Knock Off
    - Zen Headbutt/Iron Head/Poison Jab

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Scrafty @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Moxie
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Drain Punch
    - Crunch
    - Poison Jab

So I used to own a Scrafty with the above move set, I'm currently considering recreating it in ORAS and am wondering if the moves listed above are still okay, or if I should consider something like:
    - Dragon Dance
    - Drain Punch
    - Knock Off
    - Zen Headbutt/Iron Head/Poison Jab
    Thanks to OR/AS move tutors, the second set is more accessible to cartridge users. Knock Off is better than Crunch for removing non-Mega Stone items. Iron Head is also preferred over Poison Jab so you don't get walled by the occasional Toxicroak.

#DickBats

Oliver Queen
    Years
    The other good Tailwind user is Mega Charizard X:
    -Swords Dance
    -Tailwind
    -Flare Blitz
    -Outrage
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spe
    Item: Charizardite X
    Ability: Blaze

The thing is.. I'm using Mega-Heracross, I think that pairing him with a Tailwind user is a good idea.
    I'm using Galvantula for sticky web but meh, tailwind might be better. Correct me if i'm wrong..

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    The thing is.. I'm using Mega-Heracross, I think that pairing him with a Tailwind user is a good idea.
    I'm using Galvantula for sticky web but meh, tailwind might be better. Correct me if i'm wrong..

You could use Tornadus as a Tailwind setter, then:
    -Tailwind
    -Hurricane
    -Superpower/Focus Blast
    -Taunt/Knock Off
    Nature: Naive/Timid
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Prankster

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    What's the best set for my new Sylveon that I'm gonna breed now that ORAS move tutors can give it Hyper Voice?
    Sylveon @ _____
    Nature: ____ EVs: ____
    IVs: Perfect but -Attack
    Ability: Pixilate
    -Hyper Voice
    -_____
    -_____
    -_____

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    What's the best set for my new Sylveon that I'm gonna breed now that ORAS move tutors can give it Hyper Voice?
    Sylveon @ _____
    Nature: ____ EVs: ____
    IVs: Perfect but -Attack
    -Hyper Voice
    -_____
    -_____
    -_____

Here are a couple of sets for you to decide:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Hyper Voice
    -Heal Bell
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SDef
    Item: Leftovers

or
    -Hyper Voice
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball
    -Baton Pass/Hidden Power (Fire/Ground)
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 244 HP/252 SAtk/12 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I need a set for Mega Glalie for ORAS, preferably something that's not too hard to get.

Though Double-Edge is an option for Mega Glalie, this needs one transferred all the way from Gen III, as it can only learn it there. Return is a more convenient alternative:
    -Return
    -Earthquake
    -Explosion
    -Ice Shard/Freeze-Dry
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant/Naive/Naughty
    Item: Glalitite
    Ability: Inner Focus

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Here are a couple of sets for you to decide:
    -Hyper Voice
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball
    -Baton Pass/Hidden Power (Fire/Ground)
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 244 HP/252 SAtk/12 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs
    I like this one and I finally got my Eevee (I probably should have asked this BEFORE breeding), but what is the point of Baton Pass on it? My Eevee's Hidden Power type is Dragon (not optimal), so it needs to be a different move and I don't see the use of Baton Pass.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back