• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Musical Instruments?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well I've been playing guitar for about, 6 years but it feels like my whole life, so I play various numbers of guitar types with various numbers of strings. Six and twelve string guitar being my main focus however. I'm an electric guitarist mainly, especially when it comes to six string, I like to play some melodies on my twelve string as it sounds better usually opposed to a six stringed guitar. Other than guitar though, I've played Piano for about a year, only about a grade 4 (due to already being able to sight read) I just use it for writing mainly. I play a few whistles (because I'm Irish duh) but I wouldn't be too fond of them XD. Other than that though, I can still play a few tunes on the violen and drums, I can still hold a beat on. Other than that, just percussion really. Throw anything at me, I'll have a go! I do love music though. There is few sounds more beautifull.

jupotatoes

Yeah buddhay!
    Years
  • I play the guitar since I was ten, and bought an electric violin last year and have been learning to play it by myself since then (it's lots of fun, also lots of work, since I can't read sheet music). I've been also messing around with synth softwares for a while. I have 4 guitars, 12 string - nylon strings for bossa nova - folk - electric, but I'm now really into slapping my accoustic - I /edit/can/edit/ play most of Miyavi songs, including Jikoai. Not to brag, but it does turn heads on anime cons and stuff.
    Now my sister wants to get a bass, I'm super excited cause I know it'll be mine, MIIIINEEEE >D

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Hell yeah I'm a musical prodigy :O

Acoustic Guitar
    Electric Guitar
    Drums
    Other Percussion
    Double Bass
    Alto Saxophone
    Piano
    Keyboard
    MIDI

You're next, Tuba. >:D

Years
  • I play the:

• guitar: started teaching myself about five years ago. Probably would be better at it if I got lessons but I don't need/want to shred and I'm happy at my current skill level. Play guitar/vocals in a band.
    • piano: started learning when I began school, stopped at the end of year six when we moved house, but still remembered how to play songs and improvise/read music etc. Play this in a jazz band with a few friends.
    • bass: this is basically the same as the guitar but with four strings, so it was relatively easy to pick up. Can't do slap or anything cool. I want to be good enough to play the Seinfeld song.
    • drums: taught myself drums from an uncle's old drum kit which we really luckily inherited. Pretty good at this, though it's a really old drum kit, like only one of the cymbals is left, all the drums sound real bad, the foot pedal won't stay attached to the bass drum for long and the hi-hat turns inside out when you hit it D: but when I play on a good drum kit it sounds good (because nothing sounds good on that one XD)
    • harmonica: just recently started teaching myself this one. Got a book on it too.
    I used to play the violin when I was seven or eight and the flute when I was about nine until I was eleven, but I can't really play either of them anymore (not that I've tried, like pianos are everywhere so I didn't find myself forgetting how to play it as much as flute/violin etc.). I also played the recorder before I went to school and can still play a few songs on that, but it's nothing to be proud of, half the time I make it squeal instead of go in tune.

kreechurkid

I like Quagsires 'n' Xatus. :D
    Years
  • I play trumpet in my school's band, the piano, and I've recently discovered I can sing just a little bit. I really don't want to play common instruments (gives evil to all guitarists and singers in the world) and now I want to play tuba or trombone, but probably clarinet.

Slo

Rival Slo appeared!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    I started playing guitar a couple of months ago, I think I'm finally getting good at it. Its a great pass-time and is very fun.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2009
    I play bass, guitar, the uke, and very little piano. The only reason why I play a little bit of the piano is because my brother plays.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I play Flute,Keyboard and French Horn.Next year I will be 1st Chair French horn and Flute :D

Back