• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MW3 overrated??

Why did you bought MW3???

• I didnt bought it, because MW2 sucked already

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Cause its Modern Warfare

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I always buy a new CoD

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Didnt bought it, because IW sucks since MW2

• Going after the Treyarch CoD series

• MW3... is that a game???

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Quit nagging about MW3

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

TY

I dunno if there's any complaint thread for this, so...

I am playing MW3 for a long time, and i was thinking of all this stuff they have, is this game a lot too overrated.
    Because the perks are literually from Mw2, but stripped.

FE: Cold-Blooded= Assassin+Blind Eye, which ruins my killer class in MW2 where i get Nukes easily.

The weapons are new, but rubbish... (the FAD has too much recoil and low damage, the RSASS is just an Assault Rifle, PP90M1 is the OP gun used by almost all players)

The only good stuff i find out of MW3 is: Recon, Stalker, the usage of MW1 guns and Perks, the MSR (Great QS weapon, like the Intervention) and the MP7...

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    HAH! You think? I hated the game since the day it was announced. I am not too fond of the CoD franchise, it might be classic but there are way much more better games if you ask me. So yeah, it's DEFINITELY overrated, its just due to the fact that CoD has the momentum and reputation.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    CoD became popular originally because it was a well-executed, properly balanced PC shooter. Now they've re-released the same game pretty much once a year and people (especially college-aged men) who don't know anything about video games buy it because it's what their friends play.

It's rotten garbage that does nothing new and popularizes some truly awful mechanics, like regenerating health. It sets a dangerous precedent as publishers simply look to copy the most successful franchise and release reskins of it without any real innovation.

Fortunately, it does one thing well: it keeps complete idiots out of other multiplayer games for the most part. It's kind of like a sieve, in a way. If I had to deal with the sort of people that play CoD in the games I play, I would cease to play multiplayer games altogether.

Luckily, Tribes: Ascend isn't very popular yet and most of the fanbase is pretty intelligent gameplay-wise (though [VGS] [VGS] [VGS] [VGTG] [VGS] can get old fast). And despite having made the move to free to play, there are still some decent servers with intelligent people on TF2, as well. So as long as the frat idiots keep playing the latest reskin of Modern Warfare and not games I care about, I guess I'm content.

Years
    I am happy to have this thread here, as long as it doesn't turn into a spam/flame war of COD vs BTF/MAG/Any other FPS.

Any sign of it and it is closed right away.​

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
    I personally think 1st person shooters have been overkill lately...it's fun for the first few but when theres five games that are really the same thing and everyone doing because their friends are....is it really that cool?

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    imo COD is boring :( - I would much rather play Pokemon I just cant get into shooters like some people do...

TY

I mean if you look at MW2 and MW3, they look the SAME, got the same gameplay no extra's, a rubbish campaign as usual since MW2 (only MW1 had a good campaign), and a Survival mode copied from Treyarch's Zombies mode...

Compared to other sequels, there is no improvement, or am i wrong???

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    ^The only ting that looks new is Nazi Zombie mode which is fun - oops I lied they even copied that :P from one of there old games... it gets old -.-. They remind me of Naruto %550 or more of there content is blended, pissed on by lazy developers and than packaged as a new game... that is sad.

TY

Nazi Zombies is from Treyarch, used in WaW and Black Ops , and MW3's Survival mode looks much like it...

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    I played it during the free weekend they had on Steam. Yeah, I didn't like it at all. The dude-bros that were in every freaking match totally killed my enjoyment of it. I was raised on Doom and Quake style games, so CoD is kinda opposite of what I like anyways.

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    MW1 & 2 where really good, but 3? I don't think so, I only played through the storyline and a bit of multiplayer, then never touched it again... Unlike MW2 where its multiplayer was really addicting (especially its soundtrack) everything in MW3 seems off to me.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    This is strictly my opinion. The whole CoD is overrated. The Modern Warfare part of CoD is all the same, it doesn't interest me. Why pay 60 dollars for a game that you played a year - 2 ago. This isnt hate, flaming. It just my opinion. I mean It's cool if you like it, just dont ask me to get it thats all.

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I only still play MW3 because i am in a clan. I only play during clan events and thats it. Well also if I have had a bad day its just fun to go killing people. Although I am more of a person that thinks things through like where the enemy will be spawning where they will be running to, making it stupidly easy yo beat all the pre-teens.

But for me I enjoy the campaign oddly. I am probably one of the only people that wants the games because I have enjoyed the stories.

It has pretty much become a game that isn't evolving or making anything new and inovitive happen. It is just using what it has done ad using the new because people will buy it.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I personally think 1st person shooters have been overkill lately...it's fun for the first few but when theres five games that are really the same thing and everyone doing because their friends are....is it really that cool?

imo COD is boring :( - I would much rather play Pokemon I just cant get into shooters like some people do...
    Keep in mind that CoD isn't the only shooter franchise out there. There are some that are trying to introduce new and exciting things. There are also ones that are revisiting old themes or tackling the FPS idea from a different perspective. Tribes: Ascend isn't a huge deviation from its franchise, but it's a refinement of an already good model that hasn't been visited in a long time, so it's still refreshing. The focus on speed and CTF is pretty awesome, to be honest.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    As a guy who literally just capped his first flag... I have to second your recommendation for Tribes: Ascend. Especially if they dislike CoD and games of similar style.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Call of Duty died when certain class setups in Modern Warfare 2 were exploited to the point of annoyance. Up until that point, Call of Duty was an amazing shooter game with a lot of innovations. Lately the 'innovation' in Call of Duty is dead man's hand and adding 10 extra prestiges with the same emblem. Yeah... No.

Black Ops was quite fun, but connection (probably down to my bad connection back then) meant that I faced constant lag and didn't enjoy it as much as I could have.

MW3 can be fun, but the Call of Duty community is too immature for my liking. I jumped into a game of S&D the other day with loads of young kids who sound like they had been on all day were screaming profanities and racist terms. Fair enough. We ended up winning 4-0 and I went 16-0 and they end up sending me 'cheater' messages and rage quitting? Seriously? Doesn't anyone just relax and enjoy playing the game? Black Ops 2 is my last chance with Call of Duty. If it's fun; great, I'll enjoy it. If it's more of the same? Well, Borderlands 2 certainly looks awesome..

In case anyone was wondering how much history I've had with CoD: I've played since CoD 4 and I'm an above average player. My MW3 K/D is 2.75 and my prestige is 5.

TY

For me the same: Black Ops 2, and if that game sucks too, i will quit Cod forever...

MW3 is rubbish, Black Ops had the low graphics (else i would like it more than MW1)

I play Mw1 now much more, and all matches ends in a total suprise (4 out of 6 are 7500-7400)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I must be the only person in the world who hasn't experienced this apparent terrible community. I certainly don't think CoD is the best game ever but it is definitely enjoyable. Why does a game either have to be love or hate? There can be a grey area.

I think the game itself is nothing special, after all the CoD franchise is mainly based on updating what's already been done. imo MW2 was the terrible one, and 3 was an improvement.

The community is fine and multiplayer was very enjoyable for me when it first came out. I enjoyed the few months I spent playing it; now I've moved on because I'm not a fanboy, but I have no issues with it at all and I'll remember it fondly.

TY

For me, it was the countless little kids with headsets who cry if i knife them, the biggest lag you ever can have and the stolen Survival mode... But the hate started when i searched deep into the CoD databases and sought between the MW series and Black Ops...

InfernalRain

PC ftw yeaahhhhh
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2012
    MW3 is good if it's your first COD game, but if you played other CODs, MW3 is pretty much, the same thing as MW2 so you won't be that impressed.

Back