• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My opinion about Pokémon X and Pokémon Y so far

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    I remember the day when Pokémon X and Pokémon Y have been announced. I was at University, sitting in a very lame and boring class just waiting for the clock to turn 13:00 (German Time, when Nintendo wanted to announce something big). Then saw "Nintendo 3DS: Pokémon X and Pokémon Y announced!" and I was like "Oh my f**** gosh oO"

At first I was a little bit sceptical about the names because this is so different from what we had before. But 8 months later, I can say that I'm quite fine with the names :D

Then I immediately browsed the web to fetch some information. So I went to PokéBeach were they have already included some pictures (because I was unable to see the Direct during class. Seems logical?) and I was impressed. Ok it's not amazingly high-end graphics and not even graphics in the style what the 3DS could be able to do but hey, it's GameFreak, it's Pokémon and Pokémon Graphics have yet been always with a charming touch making it just so wonderful. And DPPt graphics weren't the best as well, but HG/SS was a dream and B/W was also another step forward, so I'm sure we will see improvement in the next games :)

Pokémon
    This is always one of my most excited moments when they reveal new Pokémon. The first ones were the starters and the legendaries. I was immediately fine with the starters. They look like something. Even the frog :D. The legendaries were ok. I mean they are always something spectacular since D/P/Pt. I just hope they won't overdo it with the legends as they did in 4th gen. -.-
    But other than that, I am kind of happy with all Pokémon revealed so far. I hope the rest of the generation will also be cool. Because honestly I was disappointed with Gen 5.

PokémonAmi
    Fans always asked for better interaction between the Trainer and the Pokémon. The result is PokémonAmi. Of course 'mon ami' (french for my friend) was chosen because it is anyways based on France and therefore this is a nice word play indeed. I think it's a nice idea which some players will like and some not but they don't have to use it then.

Mega Evolutions
    The Mega Evolution thing was kind of strange in the first place... I thought they can't be serious and immediatly thought about Digimon. And It was like I wasn't the only one :D And in addition to that I really had to laugh badly when I saw XanderO's signature :D (which was btw floating the net only 4 hours after the reveal of mega evolutions oO!!

tumblr_mr8ravE2nm1rueh64o1_250.gif

But after a while and with the Mega Evolutions of the Kanto Startes revealed, I'm quite cool with'em. Still kinda weird but after all it might be cool.

Super Training
    Seriously, Mega, Super, where is Ultra? :D But btt I don't really know what to say about this. I mean they haven't yet showed much. Maybe it turns out to be a great tool to let your Pokémon gain amazing power :)

My expactations
    To come to an end I will now say what I expect from X/Y. First of all I hope that the 3D-effect will turn out nicely. In Zelda for 3DS you couldn't turn it on for long because you're eyes hurted due to the fizzling graphics. Then of course I hope we will get a huuuuge story which will require you to play at least for 40 hours. A few more challenging 'puzzles' would be nice. I remember playing Ruby and at some points I just didn't know what to do :D and in all other games you can't do much wrong because everything you need to do is told you immediately. That's a bit lame.

But now I'll wait another month and then I know what comes :D

X/Y or better Y for me, I'm going to rock you hard!

Back