• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Random Cards Thread

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Guidebooks?

--- --- ---

Here's another card:

My Random Cards Thread

I'm making fake Pokemon cards for all my friends on Facebook. Many of them may be overpowered depending on what the friend requested. The ones that I post here will have the faces blocked out (since I'm using actual photographs) until I get some cartoon representations of themselves.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I just got finished with a Lapras pic, so here's a new card.

My Random Cards Thread

Special thanks to xellaya for making my trainer icon. Thanks to CascadeGonpory for the template, Cipher for the Platinum accessories, Fangking Omega for the symbols sheet, and Zeo for the foil.

Pokemon is (c)2009 Pokemon/Nintendo.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Both 'Alex's Pokémon' and 'illus. Alex (??)' are both a tad hard to read.

Also, the attacks seem. . Unfair. It'd be better if you had to flip a coin for Perish Song, rather than just Knocking the other Pokémon Out.

Also, perhaps it should have two Retreat Costs, rather than just one.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Yeah, I'm going to try to fix those fonts later.

The attacks (along with the effects) came from Platinum's Altaria, but considering Lapras is a Basic Pokemon, I can see how you think the attack would be unfair.

I was going to give it a retreat cost of 2, but when I looked up Lapras cards, the DP ones only had 1 retreat cost and had 80 HP. I figured since mine had 70 HP that 1 retreat cost should do it. However, I can't remember if retreat costs are reflected by HP or attack strength.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Okay, I'll take that into consideration for my future cards.

A tried to fix the owner and illustrator fonts. I'm still not sure if they're accurate.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    UPDATE: Testing out my new custom foil...

My Random Cards Thread

I like how the border turned out, but that's about all. Perhaps the foil on the pic itself would have looked better if I had lowered the saturation. The image is horrible quality and I'd say my text (maybe even wording) is off. I just noticed that the right side of the illustration cuts off too early. *sadface*

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Yeah, Pokemon LV.X just aren't quite my thing. Unfortunately, I couldn't find very many 3D Mewtwo pics. I would have made my own, but I can't make 3D pics (not very good ones, anyway, unless they're shaped like spheres). Thanks for commenting. Any suggestions for if I end up trying to seriously make new LV.X fakes?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I spent a few hours on making a card that turned out looking horrible...

My Random Cards Thread

It's a remake of the Mewtwo promo that came with the VHS and DVD of the first movie.

The main thing that took me so long was trying to recolor the frame and bars to match the official reprints. It was a bit harder than I had anticipated. I eventually just got a card scan and cropped them out and popped them onto this. I also had originally edited out the flavor text bar, thinking that I would need the room for the attacks, but when I typed in the attacks, I noticed there was too much empty space, so I re-added it.

I need to get Sanvito Italic. :/

Potter65

Shaymin Luver
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2011
    Do you take requests?
    If so, could you make a Shaymin SP? (Sky Forme)
    With a Pokepower that lets it turn into land forme shaymin at any time.
    That is, if you take requests...

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    If it is a Pokemon SP, who do you want the owner to be? Potter65 with the Skymin Cosplay (your avi) as the trainer pic?

Last edited:
    Back