• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Rom Is Corrupted.....Help

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
Years
  • Not Sure If It Goes Here But Here Its Is Anyway.....

I Have A Pokemon Emerald Rom, And It Always Use To Work Fine On Every Program.

But Then Something Happend.....My Computer Was All Buggy And I Kept Having To Restart It. When My Computer Finally Worked, Elite Map 3.60 And Visual Boy Advance Couldnt Read My Rom!

I Tried Deleteing The Rom And Re Downloading It But It Still Didnt Work And Then I Noticed In The Folder It Was In Their Was Also A Lunar IPS File In With It.....I Took It Out But It Still Didnt Work And Every Time I Try To Redownload It The IPS File Re Appears!

Here Are The Following Error Messages It Recives When Loading:
    Elite Map 3.60 Says: "This is not a suppourted Pokemon Advanced rom. BPEE"
    Visual Boy Advance 1.7.2 Does This: The Visual Boy Advance Screen Goes White And Says "Loaded Battery" Then Nothing Else Happens But A White Screen...

Whats Wierd Is My Rom Works Fine For Advance Map And Many Other Programs....

Please Help Me Fix My Rom.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • So your ROM works fine with every other program but EliteMap and VBA?
    If so, make sure that you have the Emerald offsets added to EliteMap's "Pokeroms.ini" file.
    For VBA, make sure that you have set the Savetype correctly.
    Go to "Options->Emulator->Save type" and make sure that it is set to "Automatic" and "Flash 128k".

The IPS file in the directory is probably a Savefix that came with the ROM.
    If the above VBA methode doesn't work, try applying that Patch to the ROM.
    But usually there is a Readme included, describing what it does.

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
  • Ok Well Visual Boy Is Now Working But Elite Map Still Isnt...

Im Not Sure Exactly What I Was Suppose To Do With That Link But I Copyed This And Added It To The PokeRoms.ini File (Notepad Like Thing):

;------------------------------------------------------------
    ;NEW!

[BPEE]
    Name = Pok魯n Emerald (E)
    RomType = 0
    Language = 0
    MapHeaders = 543396
    Maps = 543180
    WorldMap = hoennmap.bmp
    MapLabels = 1194820
    HomeLevel = &H0009
    WildPokemon = &H553450
    MonsterNames = &H3185CF
    MonsterPics = &H30A194
    MonsterPals = &H303680
    TrainerClasses = &H30FCD3
    TrainerData = &H310059
    AttackNameList = &H319789
    ItemNames = &H5839A0
    TrainerPics = &H305654
    TrainerPals = &H30593C
    TrainerPicCount = 93
    MonsterPicCount = 440
    MusicList = em_songs.txt ;rs_songs.txt

But Now When I Try To Run The Program It Says "Run-time error '481': Invalid picture"
    Then Another Pop Up Says "Expected equal sign in line '(A Y With 2 Dots In A Row On Top Of It And A Lower Case b With A Line Sticking Out From The Bottom)'.

Oh And My Rom Says At The Beginning Of Playing It "The Internal Battery Has Run Dry, The Game Can Be Played But Clock Based Events Will No Longer Eccour"

Years
  • Tbone2356 said:
    Ok Well Visual Boy Is Now Working But Elite Map Still Isnt...

Im Not Sure Exactly What I Was Suppose To Do With That Link But I Copyed This And Added It To The PokeRoms.ini File (Notepad Like Thing):

;------------------------------------------------------------
    ;NEW!

[BPEE]
    Name = Pok魯n Emerald (E)
    RomType = 0
    Language = 0
    MapHeaders = 543396
    Maps = 543180
    WorldMap = hoennmap.bmp
    MapLabels = 1194820
    HomeLevel = &H0009
    WildPokemon = &H553450
    MonsterNames = &H3185CF
    MonsterPics = &H30A194
    MonsterPals = &H303680
    TrainerClasses = &H30FCD3
    TrainerData = &H310059
    AttackNameList = &H319789
    ItemNames = &H5839A0
    TrainerPics = &H305654
    TrainerPals = &H30593C
    TrainerPicCount = 93
    MonsterPicCount = 440
    MusicList = em_songs.txt ;rs_songs.txt

But Now When I Try To Run The Program It Says "Run-time error '481': Invalid picture"
    Then Another Pop Up Says "Expected equal sign in line '(A Y With 2 Dots In A Row On Top Of It And A Lower Case b With A Line Sticking Out From The Bottom)'.

Oh And My Rom Says At The Beginning Of Playing It "The Internal Battery Has Run Dry, The Game Can Be Played But Clock Based Events Will No Longer Eccour"
    I can't help you with the Elite Map but with the VBA yes. To get it to work set it to use Real Time Clock option.

Back